PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Tulsa Time!

StillStanding
12-13-2007, 10:50 AM
http://apps.rockyou.com/countdown.swf?ID=11463559&ver=102906

Well, it's time to countdown to the Apostolic Summit in Tulsa, OK!

Since it is 43 days away, here is my irreverant attempt. :D

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/Steinwayman/43.jpg

DividedThigh
12-13-2007, 12:48 PM
reminds me of that old song, livin on tulsa time, lol,dt:gift

Carpenter
12-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, it's time to countdown to the Apostolic Summit in Tulsa, OK!

Since it is 43 days away, here is my irreverant attempt. :D

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/Steinwayman/43.jpg

Steinway dude, you are waaaaay bad man!

StillStanding
12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/Steinwayman/42.jpg

rgcraig
01-21-2008, 08:19 AM
PM - you're slacking!

StMark
01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
cool link Renda!

could you post it in full ?

rgcraig
01-21-2008, 08:45 AM
cool link Renda!

could you post it in full ?

Yeah, someone sent it to me via email.

No, it's a link - - can't post in full.

StillStanding
01-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry! I lost interest in keeping up! :jogging: :D

Here you go:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/Steinwayman/3.jpg

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Getting the oil changed in the truck today in preparation for the trip. Leaving early Thursday morning.

rgcraig
01-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Getting the oil changed in the truck today in preparation for the trip. Leaving early Thursday morning.

What will you do if you don't agree with everything presented at Tulsa?

Where will you turn to next?

StMark
01-21-2008, 10:38 AM

are you joining?

Is your wife and daughter going?

Dimples
01-21-2008, 10:41 AM
are you joining?

If they don't go with him who will fix their hair?

StMark
01-21-2008, 10:44 AM
If they don't go with him who will fix their hair?

UH?? what in the world are you talking about

Dimples
01-21-2008, 10:46 AM
UH?? what in the world are you talking about

You might have missed that thread.

Bro. WH fixes his daughter's hair so it looks good.

StMark
01-21-2008, 10:57 AM

well my brother and I have been put in a postion where we are having to bathe my mother,comb her hair,do her laundry,everything since she fell and broke her hip.

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 10:58 AM
are you joining? I don't know at this point, I need to know more about it.

No I will be traveling alone

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM

My daughter fixes her own hair thank you , She would be very upset if she knew that this was being said. She get the credit for her hairdos.

RevDWW
01-21-2008, 11:23 AM

May the Lord watch over you on your journey!

KarenJo
01-21-2008, 11:31 AM
well my brother and I have been put in a postion where we are having to bathe my mother,comb her hair,do her laundry,everything since she fell and broke her hip.

This really shows that you and your Brother are honoring your mother. I did the same for my mother. Now that she has passed, I would do it all again just to have one more day with her...

StMark
01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
This really shows that you and your Brother are honoring your mother. I did the same for my mother. Now that she has passed, I would do it all again just to have one more day with her...

That's honorable of you too karen. I had no idea your mom had passed.

we don't mind at all. the Lord has really touched her and she can get around with a cane(around the house).

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Br. WH,

What do you expect to find there that is NOT found in any of the hundreds of UPCI churches, conferences, campmeetings etc., etc.?

Felicity
01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't support that meeting with my presence. No way! :)

KarenJo
01-21-2008, 12:17 PM
That's honorable of you too karen. I had no idea your mom had passed.

we don't mind at all. the Lord has really touched her and she can get around with a cane(around the house).

Like you, I lost my dad (1998) so mother was all we had left. It's horrible to lose a father, but it's a whole other thing to lose a mother. I guess it's that last link to childhood and the reality of being an adult...cherish your time with her....

Cindy
01-21-2008, 12:28 PM

I know what you mean, my mom has been gone since 1969. I sure miss her.

Ferd
01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
i want so very badly to drive up to Tulsa! Oh what fun I would have!

alas, I have a meeting at our church this weekend to discuss plans for our new church. we will be talking about the planned KITCHEN!

YEA ME!

Timmy
01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I can't make it, either. I have to turn the couch cushions. :lol

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM

We took care of mama for a year before she passed. Fortunately for me my wife was there to help do the bathing and other personal things, but we both helped brush out her hair. When one is bedridden that is a full time job. But I'll tell you what when you make that final walk by the casket you can do it know that you did all for them that you could.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Br. WH,

What do you expect to find there that is NOT found in any of the hundreds of UPCI churches, conferences, campmeetings etc., etc.?

Men who are standing against TV and worldliness. Those who are like minded.

rgcraig
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I can't make it, either. I have to turn the couch cushions. :lol

Yea, I was gonna say I have a couple TV shows that I want to watch.

rgcraig
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM

What happens though when this group doesn't line completely up with your beliefs? Where will you go then?

Mrs. LPW
01-21-2008, 01:33 PM

With all due respect, there are still men who ask their church members to abstain from watching television and worldliness in the UPCI.

If you leave for these reasons alone, you're going to be disappointed in 20 years should the Lord tarry.

Where there are people... there are disagreements. Where there are people, there are politics. Where there are people, there are differences of opinion. Where there are people, there are problems.

rgcraig
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
With all due respect, there are still men who ask their church members to abstain from watching television and worldliness in the UPCI.

If you leave for these reasons alone, you're going to be disappointed in 20 years should the Lord tarry.

Where there are people... there are disagreements. Where there are people, there are politics. Where there are people, there are differences of opinion. Where there are people, there are problems.

Stop it.

You are making too much sense.

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
What happens though when this group doesn't line completely up with your beliefs? Where will you go then?

At this point I don't know what I will do. May join WPF may not, May jut go ind.

I have been UPC for over 33 years and didnt agree on everything. But now I am finding the the UPC has changed and the differences have become greater. We disagree on more and more thing, some of those being core beliefs that are essential to salvation.

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 01:40 PM

I know that there will still be some who stand for holiness and what's right. I never said there would not be.

Mrs. LPW
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I know that there will still be some who stand for holiness and what's right. I never said there would not be.

I know... someone just asked what you would find in Tulsa that you wouldn't find in any of the hundreds of UPCI churches.. that's all.

rgcraig
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
At this point I don't know what I will do. May join WPF may not, May jut go ind.

I have been UPC for over 33 years and didnt agree on everything. But now I am finding the the UPC has changed and the differences have become greater. We disagree on more and more thing, some of those being core beliefs that are essential to salvation.

So you are saying that UPC isn't following the scriptures essential to salvation?

Don't you just mean that there are some that aren't holding to some of the man-made rules that aren't essential to salvation?

I don't think UPC has changed anything on their beliefs on salvation.

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
So you are saying that UPC isn't following the scriptures essential to salvation?

Don't you just mean that there are some that aren't holding to some of the man-made rules that aren't essential to salvation?

I don't think UPC has changed anything on their beliefs on salvation.

I believe that holiness and separation are essential to salvation and are scriptural.

And I don't see that in some UPC churches.

MikeinAR
01-21-2008, 03:09 PM

I completely agree. The thing that made this forum so interesting to me was the debate about how conservative and how liberal the church should be. The issues are different, but the same types of debate are going on in the Assemblies of God right now.

The boundary lines are being changed and there are major differences of opinion, disagreements and politics currently. So true that the one constant is always people.

StMark
01-21-2008, 03:20 PM
I completely agree. The thing that made this forum so interesting to me was the debate about how conservative and how liberal the church should be. The issues are different, but the same types of debate are going on in the Assemblies of God right now.

The boundary lines are being changed and there are major differences of opinion, disagreements and politics currently. So true that the one constant is always people.

Mike are you assemblies of God? I am not so no expert on their issues but this is what i thought about AG:
A) They don't fellowship each other much and everyone sort of minds their own business
B) They left the dress code many years ago so it's no longer an issue except for a few isolated churches in small rural areas.
C) most of them have heard of Oneness but few know about the UPC

MikeinAR
01-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Mike are you assemblies of God? I am not so no expert on their issues but this is what i thought about AG:
A) They don't fellowship each other much and everyone sort of minds their own business
B) They left the dress code many years ago so it's no longer an issue except for a few isolated churches in small rural areas.
C) most of them have heard of Oneness but few know about the UPC

Mark as far as my church, we have strong small group ministires(beyond Sunday School!!) that allow us build relationships in a large church. I guess that would depend on each individual church.

Dress isn't an issue at all in 95% of our churches. My church is much more conservative than most. A woman would definitely feel out of place in dress slacks in my church. Most other Assembly of God churches that I've been in the last year are "come as you are". I'm conflicted about this issue greatly. It's been an issue of much prayer for me.

I agree that the majority of our members have heard of oneness. Bro. and Sis. McGruder have ministered in our church many times. Also, Bro. Allan Oggs ministered two or three times. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of many UPC churches in our area. I know of one and have enjoyed friendships with people from that church, but UPC doesn't have a great visibility in Western Arkansas.

The issues being debated now in our fellowship are things such as initial physical evidence(how sad that's being debated), necessity of altar calls, style of music(songs and goofy stuff like strobe lights), the lack of younger ministers being credentialed, the retention of people once they make a public profession of Christ and are baptized, and the left wing heresy like gold dust and other such junk.

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 04:26 PM

You can find that in the upci. Why separate from bretheren that have the same spirit as you do?

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
You can find that in the upci. Why separate from bretheren that have the same spirit as you do?
This is not what I have found.

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 04:34 PM
This is not what I have found.

Well, you must not have circulated as much as I have. There are those in the UPC that would make Epley look like a Charismatic by comparison. I would be happy to introduce you to them if you would like. There are many such men.

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Well, you must not have circulated as much as I have. There are those in the UPC that would make Epley look like a Charismatic by comparison. I would be happy to introduce you to them if you would like. There are many such men.

I know some like that , but they are the ones leaving.

StillStanding
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Bro, He's looking for those living on a higher plain! Fellowshipping with those not in complete step with him is beneath him!

AmazingGrace
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I know some like that , but they are the ones leaving.

Oh really? Wrong on that note! I know several like that.. who are staying and very proud to be!

StillStanding
01-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh really? Wrong on that note! I know several like that.. who are staying and very proud to be!
Me too! :D In fact, some of the most godly men I know are staying put!

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 04:48 PM

Well I am not acquainted with them.

Joseph Miller
01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Me too! :D In fact, some of the most godly men I know are staying put!

The godly that I know are staying put.

Joseph Miller
01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
I will NOT be going to Tulsa. I have no interest. I will be at my home church for 3 days of prayer and fasting. We do this about 4 times a year. This is the first one of this year and I would rather be in a place where people are trying to find a deeper relationship with God than split families, organizations, churches and the unity of the body.

AmazingGrace
01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Well I am not acquainted with them.

And that matters how? Do you think you know everyone in the upc? So wrong some of these men I speak of are even more right in their doctrine and more strict on their standards than even you have spoken of being... yet they are staying exactly where they are...

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 04:57 PM
And that matters how? Do you think you know everyone in the upc? So wrong some of these men I speak of are even more right in their doctrine and more strict on their standards than even you have spoken of being... yet they are staying exactly where they are...

WELL GOOD FOR THEM

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Bro, He's looking for those living on a higher plain! Fellowshipping with those not in complete step with him is beneath him!

I hope that is not the case. If it is the case, he is going to be disappointed.

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
I will NOT be going to Tulsa. I have no interest. I will be at my home church for 3 days of prayer and fasting. We do this about 4 times a year. This is the first one of this year and I would rather be in a place where people are trying to find a deeper relationship with God than split families, organizations, churches and the unity of the body.

Amen...

It seems that either these men do not realize the depth of hurt, division, ill feelings and overall harm to the body of Christ that is certain to come. If they do realize it, then it must be said that either they do not care or they fiendishly relish the destruction.

I can only wonder.

Whole Hearted
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I hope that is not the case. If it is the case, he is going to be disappointed.

It is not the case but there is no use to argue with them.

John Atkinson
01-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Actually, though it may shock some. I support these brethren to make their choice to leave. I don't believe that they are throwing a pity party, picking up their marbles and going home, etc, etc.

I think that they really belive that the UPCI is headed in a wrong direction and TV is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It is their right to take this action, The UPCI isn't the body, it is a group of guys who had a common cause and doctrine working together. If that common cause changes to the point that there is strife and division. Mybe then it is time to move on.

This shifting of orgs isn't exactly new in the apostolic movement.

http://goodnewscafe.net/jaimg/tulsa.jpg

Felicity
01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Sure it's their right to leave. I don't think anybody would contest that. What's being questioned is:

the motive for forming a new organization

the fact that they're actively soliciting others to join them knowing that they're creating and adding to division

the question about how they're going to be any different than the body they've been part of - some of them - all their ministry or possibly all their lives

and what kind of spin-off effect it's going to have ultimately.

Sure, it's their right to do whatever they want, but people get caught up in issues and lose sight and focus.

I'd love to know what on earth "wrong" direction the UPC is headed and how this new group if it ever does actually get off the ground is going to be any different.

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Actually, though it may shock some. I support these brethren to make their choice to leave. I don't believe that they are throwing a pity party, picking up their marbles and going home, etc, etc.

I think that they really belive that the UPCI is headed in a wrong direction and TV is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It is their right to take this action, The UPCI isn't the body, it is a group of guys who had a common cause and doctrine working together. If that common cause changes to the point that there is strife and division. Mybe then it is time to move on.

This shifting of orgs isn't exactly new in the apostolic movement.

http://goodnewscafe.net/jaimg/tulsa.jpg

Yes, they have the RIGHT. It is still a free America.

However, you may not be acquainted with the deep, deep, division and destruction that follows these actions as I am, having seen it first hand. I started a thread on that subject a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the name but it is something like "I've seen it all before, now again."

I discuss the deep pain, hurt and even destruction of families that I've seen that follows this kind of unnecessary breaking of fellowship.

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about Tulsa....

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Sure it's their right to leave. I don't think anybody would contest that. What's being questioned is the motive for forming a new organization, the fact that they're actively soliciting others to join them knowing that they're creating and adding to division, and the question about how they're going to be any different than the body they've been part of - some of them - all their ministry or possibly all their lives. And what kind of spin-off effect it's going to have ultimately.

Sure, it's their right to do whatever they want, but people get caught up in issues and lose sight and focus.

I'd love to know what on earth "wrong" direction the UPC is headed and how this new group if it ever does actually get off the ground is going to be any different.

My sentiments too, Felicity. Thank you.

John Atkinson
01-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, they have the RIGHT. It is still a free America.

However, you may not be acquainted with the deep, deep, division and destruction that follows these actions as I am, having seen it first hand. I started a thread on that subject a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the name but it is something like "I've seen it all before, now again."

I discuss the deep pain, hurt and even destruction of families that I've seen that follows this kind of unnecessary breaking of fellowship.I have no doubt about that. I am mostly playing left side advocate here. To be honest I am not UPC and have been on TV for about twenty years and still have a conservative standard, so...

I have a tough time ascribing wrong motives to guys like Crawford Coon.
The hurt and disapointment goes both ways. Maybe those brethren see the split as absolutely necessary...

Felicity
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about Tulsa....Plug your ears! Ha! :p

AmazingGrace
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Ron, all we can do is thank God it will be over in 3 days and then it should die down!

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Ron, all we can do is thank God it will be over in 3 days and then it should die down!

Not quite...

After it happens, the next gossip topic will be what happened there and what was discussed and what was decided and who went and who didn't go and who abstained and why... and it will all be sliced and diced to the Nth degree... hashed and rehashed ad nauseum...

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Plug your ears! Ha! :p

no thanks...

John Atkinson
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Not quite...

After it happens, the next gossip topic will be what happened there and what was discussed and what was decided and who went and who didn't go and who abstained and why... and it will all be sliced and diced to the Nth degree... hashed and rehashed ad nauseum...
Hey Bro.
The possibilities need to be mapped to F|L and R|L

F|L = Forum Life. Endless chatter with unsubstantiated "facts" yeah blah blah blah
R|L = Real Life. What actualy happens and is said and is done

I don't put any confidence in F|L. it's kind of a joke actually.

StMark
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Mark as far as my church, we have strong small group ministires(beyond Sunday School!!) that allow us build relationships in a large church. I guess that would depend on each individual church.

Dress isn't an issue at all in 95% of our churches. My church is much more conservative than most. A woman would definitely feel out of place in dress slacks in my church. Most other Assembly of God churches that I've been in the last year are "come as you are". I'm conflicted about this issue greatly. It's been an issue of much prayer for me.

I agree that the majority of our members have heard of oneness. Bro. and Sis. McGruder have ministered in our church many times. Also, Bro. Allan Oggs ministered two or three times. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of many UPC churches in our area. I know of one and have enjoyed friendships with people from that church, but UPC doesn't have a great visibility in Western Arkansas.

The issues being debated now in our fellowship are things such as initial physical evidence(how sad that's being debated), necessity of altar calls, style of music(songs and goofy stuff like strobe lights), the lack of younger ministers being credentialed, the retention of people once they make a public profession of Christ and are baptized, and the left wing heresy like gold dust and other such junk.

What i was referring to as far as fellowship, i was talking about with other churches in your area or state,not so much within your local church.The UPC and Oneness are still big on fellowshipping with various churches within a District.

If my church was debating initial physical evidence,I'd be a goner for sure.
what's the point of even calling yourself Pentecostal? What do you think of the UPC and their beliefs?

as far as pants, the UPC and most conservative branches of Oneness Pentecostals have a No pants policy. We strongly believe in a seperation of the sexes both in demeaner and in dress. one without the other is part of the hidden ingredient that's leads a society to ruination. the proof is what we are seeing today in the decay of culture.
Pants is a hotly debated issue here because many here use to be Pentecostal but left their Roots and have gone Charismatic

stmatthew
01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Not quite...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Methinks you know what goes on on these forums!

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 06:20 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!! Methinks you know what goes on on these forums!

Yeah, imagine that... I've only been on Apostolic forums for 6 years now...

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey Bro.
The possibilities need to be mapped to F|L and R|L

F|L = Forum Life. Endless chatter with unsubstantiated "facts" yeah blah blah blah
R|L = Real Life. What actualy happens and is said and is done

I don't put any confidence in F|L. it's kind of a joke actually.

What goes on in Real Life can be a joke too, trust me. This whole situation, to me, is a joke... Tulsa, WPF, all of it...

John Atkinson
01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
What goes on in Real Life can be a joke too, trust me. This whole situation, to me, is a joke... Tulsa, WPF, all of it...Yeah, sometimes. but not in this case.

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah, sometimes. but not in this case.

It is to me... sorry.

It's silly and juvenile in my opinion

Felicity
01-21-2008, 06:29 PM
no thanks...Smile bro. It was a joke. Or was meant to be anyhow. :tissue

:)

John Atkinson
01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
It is to me... sorry.

You aren't wearing their shoes, your haven't been where they have been, you haven't seen what they have seen.

But hey, I have already been judged unworthy of their fellowship, because I am on TV, and rejected, so why should I care?

Because I do. They aren't being silly and juvenile, they are being true to their convictions.

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 06:58 PM
You aren't wearing their shoes, your haven't been where they have been, you haven't seen what they have seen.

But hey, I have already been judged unworthy of their fellowship, because I am on TV, and rejected, so why should I care?

Because I do. They aren't being silly and juvenile, they are being true to their convictions.

I see it differently...

CC1
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM

Your mom is blessed to have good sons. Of course you guys were blessed to have a great mother also!

Tell her I am still praying for her recovery and I will always remember and cherish her prayers for my son while he was in Iraq.

I have told my mom that I hope my children love me and care about me as much as I do her.

John Atkinson
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I see it differently...
eh, thats fine. I still love ya.

StMark
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Your mom is blessed to have good sons. Of course you guys were blessed to have a great mother also!

Tell her I am still praying for her recovery and I will always remember and cherish her prayers for my son while he was in Iraq.

I have told my mom that I hope my children love me and care about me as much as I do her.

We're blessed and the Lord has really lifted her up. when my dad died she started giving up. just a few months afterwards, she fell and broke her hip and then she wouldnt get out of bed. The doctor told her if she didn't try she end up a invalid and that's all she needed to hear. she is still pretty feeble but gets around and is sharp in her mind. She would have to be in a convalecent home but we're determine that will not happen to her

I will let her know what you said. I remember telling her about your son and she felt such a burden and really sought the Lord. she has always been a prayer warrior and operates in the spirit(never announced it but just a fact).

The church brought over a birthday cake for her today and i just scarffed down a couple of pieces of it. it was good! has fresh berries and pudding inside.

KarenJo
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
[quote=cneasttx;362851]I know what you mean, my mom has been gone since 1969. I sure miss her.[/quot

Wow, that's been a long time. I tell people all the time to ask all the questions the you would ever want to ask, write down all the memories you want to remember. We just never know, people we love can be gone in a moment...

Apprehended
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
It is to me... sorry.

Bro Ronzo,

Could this be a case of "I'm sick of this discussion of Tulsa and can't stand anymore of it, but I'm going to check back in to see what is being said so I can respond to what is being said?"

Just wondering.

Ronzo
01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Bro Ronzo,

Could this be a case of "I'm sick of this discussion of Tulsa and can't stand anymore of it, but I'm going to check back in to see what is being said so I can respond to what is being said?"

Just wondering.

Can't I express my opinion? Or should I post one comment and leave the thread for good?

Gimme a break

CC1
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Can't I express my opinion? Or should I post one comment and leave the thread for good?

Gimme a break

You are not allowed to express an opinion and yes you are to only post one comment per thread and leave that thread for good.

At least you will have plenty of time for other pursuits!!:shocked:

StillStanding
01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/Steinwayman/2.jpg

freeatlast
01-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Will we have live updates from the floor?

I'm thinking probably not, as the technology involved would not be on the map to a holier apostolic future.

rgcraig
01-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Will we have live updates from the floor?

I'm thinking probably not, as the technology involved would not be on the map to a holier apostolic future.

Oh, cell phones and computers are fine - just watches are bad.

freeatlast
01-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Oh, cell phones and computers are fine - just watches are bad.

Only if you are over 18. Then your minutes have to be monitored by your pastor. :shocked:

CC1
01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Only if you are over 18. Then your minutes have to be monitored by your pastor. :shocked:

LOL!!! I could just see the church having to hire a new staff member to wade through the many pages of all of the members cell phone bills to see who they are calling.

A pastor could allow the internet and just require that all members install keystroke tracking software and print out a report each month for him to review.

That should appeal to those pastors who direct which house and cars saints shoudl buy,etc.

dizzyde
01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Has anyone posted this picture yet?? It is honestly an unaltered picture!

Hilarious!!!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/deannamullings/funny%20icons/Tulsa_Time_2_sized.jpg

rgcraig
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Has anyone posted this picture yet?? It is honestly an unaltered picture!

Hilarious!!!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/deannamullings/funny%20icons/Tulsa_Time_2_sized.jpg

Now that is toooo funny!

Especially, with the Dead End sign in front of it!

rgcraig
01-24-2008, 09:12 AM
PM - you're slacking!

Well - it's here!

RandyWayne
01-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Tulsa, tulsa, tulsa.......

If they really wanted a turn out, they need to realize that all MAJOR conferences are held in Vegas!

"ATTENTION! Major meeting to determine a NEW direction for the Apostolic movement! Sign up for May 1 - 5, 2008 at the Mirage hotel, Las Vegas!"

Steve Epley
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I heard from some men already there that the hotels seem full. I will know about the crowd tonight after the service.

Cindy
01-29-2008, 04:33 AM
[quote=cneasttx;362851]I know what you mean, my mom has been gone since 1969. I sure miss her.[/quot

Wow, that's been a long time. I tell people all the time to ask all the questions the you would ever want to ask, write down all the memories you want to remember. We just never know, people we love can be gone in a moment...

Yes it has been a long time, I was just a teenager. It was not a long drawn out illness so it was a shock to say the least.
That is a great idea and also to keep pictures in a safe place.