PDA

View Full Version : Voting for Southern California District Positions Happens January 26, 2008!

SoCaliUPC
01-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Voting will take place next Saturday, January 26, 2008, to fill positions in the newly formed Southern California District.

Will have reporters at the scene next Saturday and will be giving you all the play by play.

UPCI General Superintendent, Rev. Kenneth Haney, will be in Southern California next weekend to preside over the elections.

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
:bump

Ministers from across Southern California are currently in San Bernadino, Ca. to fill all positions in the newly formed Southern California District. We have reporters on the scene and they will be sending me play by play. Stay tuned for all the latest.

Bowas
01-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Are there any early exit polling information yet?
:bump

Ministers from across Southern California are currently in San Bernadino, Ca. to fill all positions in the newly formed Southern California District. We have reporters on the scene and they will be sending me play by play. Stay tuned for all the latest.

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Are there any early exit polling information yet?

Actually....the field is wiiiiidddddeeee open. In all honesty, Southern California has hardly been quite represented well on the Western District Board (as far as holding any major offices in the District). For the first time, there are a lot of names being thrown around and it really is anybody's "ball game".

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Meeting has just been called to order.

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 01:15 PM
From 11:00a.m. till now...there was introductions and speaking by Bro. Haney.

rgcraig
01-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Are you there?

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Art Hodges is DS.

Blubayou
01-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Art Hodges is DS.

Not being familar with the Western District - tell us about him -Does he pastor and where? Who else ran?

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Rich Brown from Pasadena is Youth Director. Nita Hodges is Ladies Director.

StMark
01-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Art Hodges is DS.

how do you like the choices so far ?

StillStanding
01-26-2008, 03:28 PM
how do you like the choices so far ?
I was hoping for Steve Buxton! :lol

timlan2057
01-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I was hoping for Tom Copple so his church could give him the victorious Gatorade shower and I could see his hair messed up.

But then again, I think since JCM he uses a full can of Consort for one hairdo so even the Gatorade might not have gotten a hair out of place.

StMark
01-26-2008, 03:31 PM

i think he left the UPC

I really thought Dan Butler was going to get it

StMark
01-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I was hoping for Tom Copple so his church could give him the victorious Gatorade shower and I could see his hair messed up.

But then again, I think since JCM he uses a full can of Consort for one hairdo so even the Gatorade might not have gotten a hair out of place.

:happydance

StillStanding
01-26-2008, 03:34 PM
i think he left the UPC

I really thought Dan Butler was going to get it

I was just playing with you, StMark! :D

Dan would have been a good one!

StMark
01-26-2008, 04:34 PM
**** UPDATE ****

pres-art hodges
sec-bernard elms
youth pres-rich brown
youth sec-donnie young
hm pres-durrance
hm sec-john lopez
spanish pres-orozco
spanish sec-larry romero
ladies pres-nita hodges
ladies sec-berni cupoli
sunday school-darin sargent
sunday school sec-john cupoli
foreign missions pres-brookshier
foreign missions sec-john camry
media missions-jeff morgan

StMark
01-26-2008, 04:47 PM
james Larson - Men's ministry

StMark
01-26-2008, 04:47 PM
I was just playing with you, StMark! :D

Dan would have been a good one!

I didn't take it wrong

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks Mark! I just got home from another funeral.

RevBuddy
01-26-2008, 05:02 PM
What about sectional presbyters???

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
All I am going to say....probably the most diverse Board. These men are great people and I think we are going to see a united district. Can't wait.

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 05:06 PM
What about sectional presbyters???

From what I understand...sections will remain the same for this year....due to combined events for the remainder of this year. New sections for both districts will take place next year.

RevBuddy
01-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Ok...thanks.

StMark
01-26-2008, 05:08 PM
All I am going to say....probably the most diverse Board. These men are great people and I think we are going to see a united district. Can't wait.

why didn't Butler or Copple get voted into any positions?

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Personally, I would have liked another person to be District Superintendent (and no..not my pastor). However, Hodges is a good choice.

Durrance is a very good choice for Home Missions. Both he and John Lopez are out of the same church and went and planted churches. Good people.

I am surprised by Jeff Morgan. I thought he would have gone the way of Tulsa...but, the position suits him...being founder of ABNGlobal.

I like that an older voice is on the Board...in Bernard Elms. Great choice.

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
why didn't Butler or Copple get voted into any positions?

I am not there...I have no idea. I have questions for those that are there.

RevBuddy
01-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Art was so involved in the new district effort. He and I met at GC the year they didn't get approval...but, even then, he had a great presentation...he will do a great job, no doubt...but he will have to get used to being in leadership...that's quite a bit different than being a thinker...

RevDWW
01-26-2008, 06:01 PM
james Larson - Men's ministry

He's my wife's cousin.

John Mark
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Art Hodges is a very well qualified man.

Raven
01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
He's my wife's cousin.
On the Larson side? You would also be cousins to John, Marilyn, and Joanne.

embonpoint
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Art was so involved in the new district effort. He and I met at GC the year they didn't get approval...but, even then, he had a great presentation...he will do a great job, no doubt...but he will have to get used to being in leadership...that's quite a bit different than being a thinker...

An interesting but accurate assessment IMO.

Durrance is his cousin.

StMark
01-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Butler was nominated but pulled his name

RevDWW
01-26-2008, 07:20 PM
On the Larson side? You would also be cousins to John, Marilyn, and Joanne.

Yes, my wife is the granddaughter of Hjalmer Larson. Clarence is her dad. From Wisconsin.

Raven
01-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes, my wife is the granddaughter of Hjalmer Larson. Clarence is her dad. From Wisconsin.

That's interesting. I'll file that away in my history bank. There are so many apostolic "connections" that you have to be careful what you say about anybody!
Good family, the Larson's, we think a lot of them all.

ReformedDave
01-26-2008, 08:43 PM

He's a fine man with much integrity. If I ever was to attend a oneness church in San Diego it would be his.

ReformedDave
01-26-2008, 08:44 PM

Smart donkey!!!!

SoCaliUPC
01-26-2008, 10:14 PM

Hjalmer is my great grandfather.

RevDWW
01-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Did you ever get to hear him play the violin?

lad
01-27-2008, 01:39 AM

So you're a Larson?

SoCaliUPC
01-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Did you ever get to hear him play the violin? Fortunately....yes. It is my fondest memory of him. When he would come out and stay with my grandparents it was a common request. When I hear a violin it takes me back to Grandpa Larson.

So you're a Larson? Not my last name...but my grandma is.

RevDWW
01-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Fortunately....yes. It is my fondest memory of him. When he would come out and stay with my grandparents it was a common request. When I hear a violin it takes me back to Grandpa Larson.

Not my last name...but my grandma is.

I have video of him playing at his house in Superior. Must have been 15 years ago, give or take a few years. I also have him telling the story of coming over from Sweden.

He was quite the deer slayer. And as we drove to the cemetery to lay him to rest, several deer came out of the woods and stood at the rode side as if to acknowledge his passing.........

justasaint
01-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Lopez and Durrance didn't plant churches they pastor ones already started.

Art will make a better DS than pastor , He is a vison driven.

Didn't Santee pull out for Tulsa recently? Don't know the pastor.

Also Reformed Dave I thought you might lean towards Nigro on the onesss church thing.

Praxeas
01-28-2008, 01:39 AM
**** UPDATE ****

pres-art hodges
sec-bernard elms
youth pres-rich brown
youth sec-donnie young
hm pres-durrance
hm sec-john lopez
spanish pres-orozco
spanish sec-larry romero
ladies pres-nita hodges
ladies sec-berni cupoli
sunday school-darin sargent
sunday school sec-john cupoli
foreign missions pres-brookshier
foreign missions sec-john camry
media missions-jeff morgan
It's not Camry. It's Cameron

ReformedDave
01-28-2008, 07:36 AM

Also Reformed Dave I thought you might lean towards Nigro on the onesss church thing.

Me and Nigro........right!

Felicity
01-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Agreed.

SoCaliUPC
01-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Lopez and Durrance didn't plant churches they pastor ones already started.

Art will make a better DS than pastor , He is a vison driven.

Didn't Santee pull out for Tulsa recently? Don't know the pastor.

Thanks...that is what I intended. Yes, they were branch works of Hodges' church. BUT...I think both are right for the job in the Southern California District and both are a great team.

I tend to agree, that Hodges will probably be a better DS. That saying, I am taking nothing away from him as a Pastor. He is more organized and will be good for the district.

I don't know if Santee (NOW Lakeside) pulled out. Bertram is the pastor. I thought for sure they would have...and may have at this time.

Something tells me...you knowing a lot about Section 1 of the Western District....are you from this area?

justasaint
01-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Art will do great as DS, He is also a great pastor,Just think his talents will better
A District more than a church, and would not be suprised to see him at UPCI HQ someday.

I heard that Bertram left a recent youth function over a Drama team performance.

justasaint
01-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Dave just kidding about poway.
I just thought if you left the UPC Hodges would not be your first stop at returning

ReformedDave
01-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Dave just kidding about poway.
I just thought if you left the UPC Hodges would not be your first stop at returning

When my father-in-law passed away Hodges spent many hours/days with the family and showed MUCH kindness. He really went out of his way and it wasn't self-serving as we could not benefit him in any way.

justasaint
01-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Also Heard Gary Harding made a spoof song about split.
Has anyone heard it ?

ReformedDave
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Has anyone heard it ?

I'm sure it's funny.

embonpoint
01-30-2008, 08:38 PM
When my father-in-law passed away Hodges spent many hours/days with the family and showed MUCH kindness. He really went out of his way and it wasn't self-serving as we could not benefit him in any way.

Back in the day, when your father was pastoring Rev Tab and Art's dad was in Nat'l City, Section 1 was a beautiful example of unity and cooperation. I remember the Sectional Thanksgiving Conference.

ReformedDave
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Back in the day, when your father was pastoring Rev Tab and Art's dad was in Nat'l City, Section 1 was a beautiful example of unity and cooperation. I remember the Sectional Thanksgiving Conference.

Don't think they ever had a serious disagreement in all those years. They were concerned about being good under-shepherds.

SoCaliUPC
01-30-2008, 09:37 PM

That sectional conference was well attended for years from churches all across the section.....until the former former former presbyter was elected out. So much for all their calls of unity. That is when the scism in the section started...unfortunately.

AJBC
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Has anyone heard it ?

It's hilarious!!! I deleated it, now I'm regretting it!: toofunny

embonpoint
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Don't think they ever had a serious disagreement in all those years. They were concerned about being good under-shepherds.

I remember being at Rev Tab, probably in 1985, and going up in to the sound room with you and another member of your church there. It seems like it was a metal roll around tool chest that you pulled out the drawers on and showed us many tapes of messages preached by your father and commented on what a treasure they would be when he passed from the scene. I have often wondered since what ever happened to that "treasure chest" and thought I would be willing to give much to access it and make copies.

embonpoint
02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
I remember being at Rev Tab, probably in 1985, and going up in to the sound room with you and another member of your church there. It seems like it was a metal roll around tool chest that you pulled out the drawers on and showed us many tapes of messages preached by your father and commented on what a treasure they would be when he passed from the scene. I have often wondered since what ever happened to that "treasure chest" and thought I would be willing to give much to access it and make copies.

Bump for RD

Have any idea what happened to those messages?

ReformedDave
02-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Bump for RD

Have any idea what happened to those messages?

They are falling apart thrown in boxes and for all I know are missing. VERY sad. The current pastor has no interest.

embonpoint
02-02-2008, 11:22 AM
They are falling apart thrown in boxes and for all I know are missing. VERY sad. The current pastor has no interest.

That is very sad. In the midst of all the discussions about technology we have the ability to preserve the voices of men revered from days gone by.

Maybe it is because we like to selectively quote them rather than actually hear them.

Neck
02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Butler was nominated but pulled his name

The same Butler who is my Pastors brother?

That would be Jeff Butler's brother.