PDA

View Full Version : Question About Bishop Joby and Sheryl Brady

PraiseHymn
01-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Hey, is it true that Bishop Joby Brady and Sheryl Brady use to be UPIC? If so, what church? Whats there history and why did they leave? Just curious!

Barb
01-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Hey, is it true that Bishop Joby Brady and Sheryl Brady use to be UPIC? If so, what church? Whats there history and why did they leave? Just curious!

I don't know, and had never heard of them until this past summer...heard her preach here and she was outstanding.

Sandra
01-27-2008, 11:12 PM

they have NEVER been UPC.

Pastor G
01-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Sandra is right... They have never been... Don't care for Cheryl too much but Joby is a riot...

StMark
01-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I had a friend who has traveled with them for years. He grew up in Bakersfield. I can't remember what church background he told me they were from - some type of trinitarian Pentecostal holiness or PCOG ?
something similar. I think her husband grew up around tent revivals if i recall right

PastorD
01-28-2008, 01:25 AM
I had a friend who has traveled with them for years. He grew up in Bakersfield. I can't remember what church background he told me they were from - some type of trinitarian Pentecostal holiness or PCOG ?
something similar. I think her husband grew up around tent revivals if i recall right

Never UPC. Closely associated with a few folks in, but never themselves. Cheryl preaches like a man. Joby likes to eat.

papapraiz
01-28-2008, 05:51 AM
I was told that they used to work for Bishop Jakes when he pastored in WV.
Does anyone know if this is true?

Cindy
01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Never UPC. Closely associated with a few folks in, but never themselves. Cheryl preaches like a man. Joby likes to eat.

Preaches like a man?

Pastor G
01-28-2008, 08:36 AM
I was told that they used to work for Bishop Jakes when he pastored in WV.
Does anyone know if this is true?

That would be true...

StMark
01-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Yikes!!! I have often wondered,when people of his size buy an airline ticket............. nevermind

PastorD
01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Yikes!!! I have often wondered,when people of his size buy an airline ticket............. nevermind

Gastric By-pass. He is much smaller now.

PastorD
01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Preaches like a man?

You've not heard her then. Her voice is very deep and raspy.

StMark
01-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Yea it's been a few years - last i saw he was humungeous

Barb
01-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Preaches like a man?

She preaches hard...

Barb
01-28-2008, 03:24 PM
You've not heard her then. Her voice is very deep and raspy.

Yes...but the one time I heard her in person, it was powerful.

StMark
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes...but the one time I heard her in person, it was powerful.

She's Trinitarian Barb

PraiseHymn
01-28-2008, 06:21 PM

I dont think it worked. Just saw their live sunday morning worship service and Joby Brady was preaching (again this was this past sunday) and he was the exact same size as he was when I saw him preach live 3 years ago. :TulsaROCKS:

Reason why I asked about them is because some years ago I was told that Sheryl Brady use to wear her hair long just like UPCI women with no make up or earrings etc etc and some where under the assumption that she came out the UPCI church when she cut her hair short and put the make up and earrings on.

Oh well, I dunno. Attempted to get doctrinal information from their website and no such information could be found. Who knows what they belive in besides speaking in tongues and shouting .

Pastor G
01-28-2008, 07:02 PM
I dont think it worked. Just saw their live sunday morning worship service and Joby Brady was preaching (again this was this past sunday) and he was the exact same size as he was when I saw him preach live 3 years ago. :TulsaROCKS:

Reason why I asked about them is because some years ago I was told that Sheryl Brady use to wear her hair long just like UPCI women with no make up or earrings etc etc and some where under the assumption that she came out the UPCI church when she cut her hair short and put the make up and earrings on.

Oh well, I dunno. Attempted to get doctrinal information from their website and no such information could be found. Who knows what they belive in besides speaking in tongues and shouting .

If that is the case it was soooo many years ago that I don't remember...

PastorD
01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
If that is the case it was soooo many years ago that I don't remember...

Yeah.....as long as I have known them it has been short as it is now. And that goes back at least 8-9 years.

Barb
01-28-2008, 07:34 PM
She's Trinitarian Barb

She was preaching the Word and it was powerful.

Pastor G
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
God bless her, but I have been in service with her, hung out with him and her for a week and I just can't take her...

Barb
01-28-2008, 07:38 PM
God bless her, but I have been in service with her, hung out with him and her for a week and I just can't take her...

You would be in position to know more than I...

Pastor G
01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
You would be in position to know more than I...

If you got a Word from her... Great!! Hold on to it!! My comments are just my preference...

Barb
01-28-2008, 07:43 PM
If you got a Word from her... Great!! Hold on to it!! My comments are just my preference...

No problem, Pastor G...