Ron Paul Officially Runs For President Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxQGSiuLf4

Ron Paul Officially Runs For President Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHrteJCn8Ag&mode=related&search=

Ron Paul Officially Runs For President Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhex77v8NDQ&mode=related&search=

Ron Paul Officially Runs For President Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewghSVp-GIk&mode=related&search=
So, where is the link from CSPAN? You really don't expect us to consider Youtube a reliable source, do you?

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM
So, where is the link from CSPAN? You really don't expect us to consider Youtube a reliable source, do you?

Sorry about that... my level of distrust doesn't go so far as to suspect that someone faked a full 33 minute CSPAN interview.

You will have to click here...
http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100&Page=2

then go to the bottom of the page.

The link provided is a javascript link so I cannot provide a direct link to the video.

that is where the link is located now... I am sure that if someone clicks on it in a few days that may chance since these are archived videos and the archives increase all the time.

Chan
03-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Sorry about that... my level of distrust doesn't go so far as to suspect that someone faked a full 33 minute CSPAN interview.

The link provided is a javascript link so I cannot provide a direct link to the video.

that is where the link is located now... I am sure that if someone clicks on it in a few days that may chance since these are archived videos and the archives increase all the time.Thank you. Relying on Youtube is worse than relying on Wikipedia.

Pressing-On
03-13-2007, 01:10 PM

that is where the link is located now... I am sure that if someone clicks on it in a few days that may chance since these are archived videos and the archives increase all the time.
:killinme :killinme

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
:killinme :killinme

You liked that huh? :)

And I can be a pretty distrusting person when it comes to politics. :)

Thankfully it was easy enough to find.

:highfive

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record
He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

CC1
03-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I lived in Austin, TX for 16 years very close to Ron Paul's base and in my opinion he is a nut.

Libertarians do not live in reality. If they ever were able to implement their vision of gvoernment there would be chaos.

Esther
03-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I lived in Austin, TX for 16 years very close to Ron Paul's base and in my opinion he is a nut.

Libertarians do not live in reality. If they ever were able to implement their vision of gvoernment there would be chaos.

In what way is he a nut?

CC1
03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
In what way is he a nut?

Esther, I am on the run here and don't have time but when I do I w ill try and research all of the screwy positions he has taken.

Right off the bat if I am not mistaken I believe he advocates legalizing drugs (his fan club can correct me if I am wrong) and prostitution.

The very core philosphy of libertarians is that the government should do almost nothing and in their naivity they don't realize chaos would reign.

Ron Paul is also an isolationist who mistakenly believes we can just ignore the rest of the world and it and it's threats will go away.

Esther
03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Esther, I am on the run here and don't have time but when I do I w ill try and research all of the screwy positions he has taken.

Right off the bat if I am not mistaken I believe he advocates legalizing drugs (his fan club can correct me if I am wrong) and prostitution.

The very core philosphy of libertarians is that the government should do almost nothing and in their naivity they don't realize chaos would reign.

Ron Paul is also an isolationist who mistakenly believes we can just ignore the rest of the world and it and it's threats will go away.

Goodness!

Pressing-On
03-13-2007, 02:10 PM

CC1,
Wow, I can't get that at all. I've met and talked with him in person. He is just the real deal! What a gentleman!

He votes "no" on any legislation that doesn't or won't in the future uphold the Constitution.

We need judges in our court systems like that! In other words, follow the laws that have been written - not your feelings! Don't get me started!!! lol!

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Well you need to change bats...

Come back when you have a little time to share some facts with us that you have put some good research into. Then we can discuss differences rather than taking actual time to tackle statements made in a rush and "right off the bat".

Also before you present something on this thread please make sure that it is something Ron Paul has said and made a stand on rather than just taking quotes from the Libertarian platform (which he is no longer a part of) and applying them all willy nilly to Ron Paul.

Until then... Here's your bat back.

:beatdeadhorse

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Goodness!

Ron Paul's War & Foreign Policy from Ron Pauls website.

War and Foreign Policy:
The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. This war has cost more than 3,000 American lives, thousands of seriously wounded, and hundreds of billions of dollars. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations. Today, we have troops in 130 countries. We are spread so thin that we have too few troops defending America. And now, there are new calls for a draft of our young men and women.

We can continue to fund and fight no-win police actions around the globe, or we can refocus on securing America and bring the troops home. No war should ever be fought without a declaration of war voted upon by the Congress, as required by the Constitution.

Under no circumstances should the U.S. again go to war as the result of a resolution that comes from an unelected, foreign body, such as the United Nations.

Too often we give foreign aid and intervene on behalf of governments that are despised. Then, we become despised. Too often we have supported those who turn on us, like the Kosovars who aid Islamic terrorists, or the Afghan jihads themselves, and their friend Osama bin Laden. We armed and trained them, and now we’re paying the price.

At the same time, we must not isolate ourselves. The generosity of the American people has been felt around the globe. Many have thanked God for it, in many languages. Let us have a strong America, conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.

Pressing-On
03-13-2007, 02:19 PM
I think he was speaking of medicinal marijuana. Well, if I had cancer I would like to stay high until I died!

:bliss :bliss :bliss

Go, Ron!

:tease

Chan
03-13-2007, 02:22 PM

Libertarians do not live in reality. If they ever were able to implement their vision of gvoernment there would be chaos.Since their vision is what is set forth in the Constitution, you are a traitor to the United States of America since you are saying that the Constitution, if implemented, would create chaos.

Chan
03-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Right off the bat if I am not mistaken I believe he advocates legalizing drugs (his fan club can correct me if I am wrong) and prostitution.There's a difference between advocating that certain things should be made "legal" (as in legislation is specifically passed to allow it) and the typically Libertarian position that the government does not have the constitutional authority to legislate such things one way or another (to make such things either legal or illegal).

The very core philosphy of libertarians is that the government should do almost nothing and in their naivity they don't realize chaos would reign.Well, this was the kind of Constitution the founding fathers gave us. Maybe you should read the document sometime.

Ron Paul is also an isolationist who mistakenly believes we can just ignore the rest of the world and it and it's threats will go away.Just like many of the founding fathers who felt we should not involve ourselves in foreign entanglements.

As George Washington stated in his Farewell Address of 1796: "The Great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign Nations is in extending our commercial relations to have with them as little political connection as possible. . . . ‘Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent Alliances, with any portion of the foreign World."

As James Madison put it, "it has been the true glory of the United States,” in “fulfilling their neutral obligations with the most scrupulous impartiality . . . to maintain sincere neutrality toward belligerent nations,” and “to exclude foreign intrigues and foreign partialities." Thomas Jefferson concurred, declaring that the foreign policy of a free society has to mean “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship, with all nations – entangling alliances with none." "Our first and fundamental maxim should be, never to entangle ourselves in the broils of Europe."

As John Quincy Adams, author of President Monroe's "Monroe Doctrine" put it, "America... does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2007
Introduced in Congress
H.R. 1009 Would Give States Right to Regulate Farming of Versatile Hemp Crop

WASHINGTON, DC — For the second time since the federal government outlawed hemp farming in the United States, a federal bill has been introduced that would remove restrictions on the cultivation of non-psychoactive industrial hemp. The chief sponsor of H.R. 1009, the "Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2007," is Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) and the nine original co-sponsors are Representatives Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Barney Frank (D-MA), Raúl Grijalva (D-AZ), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Jim McDermott (D-WA), George Miller (D-CA), Pete Stark (D-CA) and Lynn Woolsey (D-CA). The bill may be viewed online.

"It is indefensible that the United States government prevents American farmers from growing this crop. The prohibition subsidizes farmers in countries from Canada to Romania by eliminating American competition and encourages jobs in industries such as food, auto parts and clothing that utilize industrial hemp to be located overseas instead of in the United States," said Dr. Paul. "By passing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act the House of Representatives can help American farmers and reduce the trade deficit — all without spending a single taxpayer dollar."

U.S. companies that manufacture or sell products made with hemp include Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, a California company who manufactures the number-one-selling natural soap, and FlexForm Technologies, an Indiana company whose natural fiber materials are used in over 2 million cars. Hemp food manufacturers such as French Meadow Bakery, Hempzels, Living Harvest, Nature's Path and Nutiva now make their products from Canadian hemp. Although hemp grows wild across the U.S., a vestige of centuries of hemp farming, the hemp for these products must be imported. Health Canada statistics show that 48,060 acres of industrial hemp were produced in Canada in 2006. Farmers in Canada have reported that hemp is one of the most profitable crops that they can grow. Hemp clothing is made around the world by well-known brands such as Patagonia, Bono's Edun and Giorgio Armani.

There is strong support among key national organizations for a change in the federal government's position on hemp. The National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA) "supports revisions to the federal rules and regulations authorizing commercial production of industrial hemp." The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) has also passed a pro-hemp resolution.

Numerous individual states have expressed interest in industrial hemp as well. Fifteen states have passed pro-hemp legislation; seven (Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia) have removed barriers to its production or research. North Dakota has issued state licenses, the first in fifty years, to two farmers so far. Rep. Paul's bill would remove federal barriers and allow laws in these states regulating the growing and processing of industrial hemp to take effect.

"Under the current national drug control policy, industrial hemp can be imported, but it can't be grown by American farmers," says Eric Steenstra, President of Vote Hemp. "The DEA has taken the Controlled Substances Act's antiquated definition of marijuana out of context and used it as an excuse to ban industrial hemp farming. The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2007 will bring us back to more rational times when the government regulated marijuana, but told farmers they could go ahead and continue raising hemp just as they always had," says Mr. Steenstra.

Vote Hemp is a non-profit organization dedicated to the acceptance of and a free market for industrial hemp and to changes in current law to allow U.S. farmers to once again grow low-THC industrial hemp. More information about hemp legislation and the crop's many uses may be found at www.VoteHemp.com or www.HempIndustries.org. BETA SP or DVD Video News Releases featuring footage of hemp farming in other countries are available upon request by contacting Adam Eidinger at 202-744-2671.

END

Praxeas
03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I never did understand the prohibition against hemp farming (non-psychoactive variety)

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Many of Ron Pauls positions are twisted and misrepresented from people who either don't look far enough into the "why's" involved or they just find something they can twist and present his stand as something it is not.

Ron Paul is staunchly pro life but he opposed making it a federal issue. He is first & foremost FOR the Constitution of the United States. The constitution does not give teh federal government power to rule in these areas. Ron Paul is against federal regulation of abortions. People then take this stance and say "Ron Paul is pro abortion".

Ron Paul also does not believe that the federal government is granted the authority to regulate drugs. These are issues that should be regulated on a state level. Ron Paul is against federal regulation of drugs and people take that and say "Ron Paul wants to legalize drugs"

Ron Paul wants the federal government to do what it is supposed to do and to stay out of what it is supposed to stay out of.

Ron Paul stands behind the constitution... something EVERY person sworn in has sworn to do.

ReformedDave
03-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I never did understand the prohibition against hemp farming (non-psychoactive variety)

I have no problem legalizing the whole mess. It's inconsistent to do it with alcohol and not with the others as long as there are penalties in place for the mis-use of it.

Eliseus
03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I JUST posted a thread with a link to his exploratory committee website...

And now it's GONE??????

Eliseus
03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulexplore.com/

Digging4Truth
03-13-2007, 03:00 PM
The Ron Paul Is running thread is still there.