PDA

View Full Version : who is Angie Winans

LadyChocolate
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Ok, I know I am out of the loop on who's who in the music area, but who is Angie Winans.... Who's she related to? I love her voice.... very smooth.

missdkendall
03-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Ok, I know I am out of the loop on who's who in the music area, but who is Angie Winans.... Who's she related to? I love her voice.... very smooth.

The next to last-born of the ten children in the Winans gospel dynasty, she was born Angelique Lynette Winans on March 4, 1968, Angie has always enjoyed music. Growing up, she studied orchestral etudes and gospel piano. As she grew older, Angie fell in love with the music of jazz pianist such as Joe Sample, David Foster and David Benoit. Her favorite jazz vocalist is Michael Franks. "I love Michael Franks' music so much! He's been such an influence on me that I would die if he ever did a riff," Angie laughs of the smooth, laid back singer. She sang at home and at church as a child. Her older brothers, The Winans, burst on the gospel scene in the early eighties with a string of gospel and crossover hits such as "Tomorrow" and "Ain't No Need To Worry." Their siblings, BeBe & CeCe, followed with several soul-gospel million-sellers such as "I'll Take You There" and "Addictive Love" at the end of the decade.

At 15, she joined her sister Debbie and friend Sherry Reynolds Kibble for a ten year stretch as background vocalists for BeBe & CeCe. It was while on the road with BeBe & CeCe that Angie met her future husband, Cedric Caldwell, the renowned record producer who was the duo's keyboard player at the time. However, after BeBe & CeCe stopped touring in 1993 and began to pursue solo projects, Angie & Debbie began to sing together as a duo and released their first eponymous album on Capitol Records in the summer of 1993. The critically acclaimed album received major write-ups in USA Today, Entertainment Weekly, etc. The album was nominated for Grammy and Soul Train Music Awards and was supported with an opening slot on Whitney Houston's national tour that year. The album sold over 100,000 copies. Eventually, Capitol Records closed their black music division, and Angie & Debbie pursued other opportunities.

Michael Phelps
03-21-2008, 01:47 PM
The next to last-born of the ten children in the Winans gospel dynasty, she was born Angelique Lynette Winans on March 4, 1968, Angie has always enjoyed music. Growing up, she studied orchestral etudes and gospel piano. As she grew older, Angie fell in love with the music of jazz pianist such as Joe Sample, David Foster and David Benoit. Her favorite jazz vocalist is Michael Franks. "I love Michael Franks' music so much! He's been such an influence on me that I would die if he ever did a riff," Angie laughs of the smooth, laid back singer. She sang at home and at church as a child. Her older brothers, The Winans, burst on the gospel scene in the early eighties with a string of gospel and crossover hits such as "Tomorrow" and "Ain't No Need To Worry." Their siblings, BeBe & CeCe, followed with several soul-gospel million-sellers such as "I'll Take You There" and "Addictive Love" at the end of the decade.

At 15, she joined her sister Debbie and friend Sherry Reynolds Kibble for a ten year stretch as background vocalists for BeBe & CeCe. It was while on the road with BeBe & CeCe that Angie met her future husband, Cedric Caldwell, the renowned record producer who was the duo's keyboard player at the time. However, after BeBe & CeCe stopped touring in 1993 and began to pursue solo projects, Angie & Debbie began to sing together as a duo and released their first eponymous album on Capitol Records in the summer of 1993. The critically acclaimed album received major write-ups in USA Today, Entertainment Weekly, etc. The album was nominated for Grammy and Soul Train Music Awards and was supported with an opening slot on Whitney Houston's national tour that year. The album sold over 100,000 copies. Eventually, Capitol Records closed their black music division, and Angie & Debbie pursued other opportunities.

Wow, did you just come up with that out of your head???????:ursofunny

missdkendall
03-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow, did you just come up with that out of your head???????:ursofunny

Nope, I looked it up for her!:ursofunny

Michael Phelps
03-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Nope, I looked it up for her!:ursofunny

I know, I was just being facetious, lol.

missdkendall
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I know, I was just being facetious, lol.

I know, so was I:bliss

LadyChocolate
03-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Gracious

missdkendall
03-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Gracious

MUAH!!!!:friend