PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, Dr Vaughn.

Bro-Larry
05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
The posts by Bro One Accord and Bro Epley have made me ashamed of some of my unkind posts on Dr Vaughn's posts. I apologize to you Dr Vaughn, for being unkind. Please forgive me that wrong.

The kind and simple way in which Bro OA and Elder Epley described their deliverance from the Message, opened my eyes. You can't be unkind to anyone, and then expect them to listen to anything you have to say. I don't see any unkind posts from Sis. Falla.

I'm not supporting the Message Doctrine, but I should not be unkind about it.

Steve Epley
05-29-2008, 09:58 AM
The posts by Bro One Accord and Bro Epley have made me ashamed of some of my unkind posts on Dr Vaughn's posts. I apologize to you Dr Vaughn, for being unkind. Please forgive me that wrong.

The kind and simple way in which Bro OA and Elder Epley described their deliverance from the Message, opened my eyes. You can't be unkind to anyone, and then expect them to listen to anything you have to say. I don't see any unkind posts from Sis. Falla.

I personally know this young man's dear grandmother she must be grief stricken her own grandson would go into this heresy. Much of my patience is in leu of her. She is a preacher and pastored for years through the most horrid circumstances and everyone knows how I feel about women preachers but honestly she built a great church in New Orleans and was a lady at all times.
I am sad for her. One of my best friends was in her church for years.

Sister Alvear
05-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes, I think at first my atitude was wrong but I too told him I was sorry. I felt the pain once again of people that were friends of mine that were destroyed by the message but I was maybe too pointed and that is really not the real me.
Dr. Vaughn´family are long friends of mine...I just hurt for things that was many years before his time.
I am sure he is very sincere. Whatever I say from now on will only be concerning the doctrine.

Sister Alvear
05-29-2008, 10:01 AM
I personally know this young man's dear grandmother she must be grief stricken her own grandson would go into this heresy. Much of my patience is in leu of her. She is a preacher and pastored for years through the most horrid circumstances and everyone knows how I feel about women preachers but honestly she built a great church in New Orleans and was a lady at all times.

Yes, Brother Epley I have thought so much of his dear grandmother...

Steve Epley
05-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes, I think at first my atitude was wrong but I too told him I was sorry. I felt the pain once again of people that were friends of mine that were destroyed by the message but I was maybe too pointed and that is really not the real me.
Dr. Vaughn´family are long friends of mine...I just hurt for things that was many years before his time.
I am sure he is very sincere. Whatever I say from now on will only be concerning the doctrine.

Sis. Alvear NO one should have suffered what Sis. Gatlin suffered but remained a trooper and built a great church. I never agreed with her in her pastoring and later her remarriage but she was and is a lady.

Sister Alvear
05-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, a great trooper...
I guess what she did in N.O.´s she had to do...I admire her faithfulness during that time in her life. She has always been such a lady. Of lady preachers her and Sister Holmes are my "brand" of ladies.
I have never been to much for forward women.

The Alvear family sends special blessings to you Elder Epley. Brother Alvear is standing right here as I type.

Steve Epley
05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes, a great trooper...
I guess what she did in N.O.´s she had to do...I admire her faithfulness during that time in her life. She has always been such a lady. Of lady preachers her and Sister Holmes are my "brand" of ladies.
I have never been to much for forward women.

The Alvear family sends special blessings to you Elder Epley. Brother Alvear is standing right here as I type.

Greetings to y'all also. And may I say I have known Sis. Alvear for years and she has always been a lady.

Dr. Vaughn
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
May I just say a huge thank you to each one of you for the kind words about my Grandmother.. she raised me,,, and I must say.. even though I do not believe in woman preachers... no one could out preach her... she was indeed a lady,,,

and she and I have talked for untold hours about this subject and yes she is disappointed in the path I have chosen to the point of tears...... but please understand that she asked me these few questions:

Do you believe there is only One God?
Do you believe his name is Jesus Christ?
Do you believe in water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ?
Do you believe one must be filled with the Holy Ghost?
Do you believe in sanctified life?
Do you believe in standards or holiness?

When I answered yes to all of the above.... she kept me in fellowship and I still preach for her and Bro. Terrell all the time.. because they understand that my doctrinal differenes are not enough to divide fellowship......you wold be surprised the UPC and Apostolic preachers I preach for....... we have basically agreed to disagree on certain issues........ for instance with my grandmother.. I disagree with her preaching and being re-married but its not enough to cause me to no longer fellowship with them

Dr. Vaughn
05-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Bro. Eply, in my grandmothers defense.. I am told,, I was not there during those sad years of her life.. but I am told that she basically left the handling of the services to the men of her church such as elder Boyd and elder Hightower.......

It was a catch22 for her, she had worked so hard with my fornicating grandfather to do a work for God,... when he left her with 10 children..... and no child support,,,, she almost had no choice.... this is not to defend her I am simply saying what I have heard... even Elder B.A. Spell who I fellowship with alot doesnt believe in women preachers.. but he always behind closed doors sent support to my grandmother in those years

dizzyde
05-29-2008, 10:58 AM

This is a great post Bro-Larry, I wish more people had the ability to or were willing to apologize when they felt it necessary.

Even though I think Dr. Vaughn should have been or was well aware of the buttons he was pushing (intentionally I think, I do not believe this man is a dummy).

But if you feel a check in your spirit, it is always best to act on it, and that is what you obviously have done. I commend you for it. :yourock :rooting :rooting

And as I'm sure you well know, Sis. Falla is a jewel among us, we can't all live up to her, but we can try! :nod

Dr. Vaughn
05-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Bro. Larry,,, oh that we could all be obedient to the Spirit as you have been, kindest regards

your Brother in Christ

CC1
05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Bro. Larry,

I am content to let OneAccordian and Elder Epley take the high road on this one.

DividedThigh
05-29-2008, 12:03 PM
cc1 you crack me up, dt

Dr. Vaughn
05-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Bro. Larry,

I am content to let OneAccordian and Elder Epley take the high road on this one.

Shouldn't administrators be the peace keepers here... and not get personally involved? just wondering as that how it is on other forums

Sam
05-29-2008, 12:55 PM

I think highly of Elder Epley as a man of God with strong convictions (even though he and I may not agree on every thing), and it is good to see him speak so highly of a sister in the Lord even though he may not agree with her on every thing.

Sister Alvear
05-29-2008, 01:06 PM
It has never ever been my intention to hurt anyone on this forum or any other forum. I desire to have a Christ-like spirit even in differences. Love you folks very much.

rgcraig
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Shouldn't administrators be the peace keepers here... and not get personally involved? just wondering as that how it is on other forums

For the most part, this is a self-moderating board. Your peers are the peace keepers.

Admin are here for the big stuff!

DividedThigh
05-29-2008, 01:17 PM
renda, you guys do an excellent job, and are most appreciated, god bless you and the rest, dt

rgcraig
05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
renda, you guys do an excellent job, and are most appreciated, god bless you and the rest, dt

Why thank ya!

DividedThigh
05-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Why thank ya!

that s funny, i can hear you saying that, lol, dt

Jack Shephard
05-29-2008, 01:42 PM

Good post. Words of humility not humiliation.

StMark
05-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I've been away from the forum for 5 months and just learned that Rev. Vaughn was a Branhamite - that is intriguing! ....carry on

Jack Shephard
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I've been away from the forum for 5 months and just learned that Rev. Vaughn was a Branhamite - that is intriguing! ....carry on

No so, as per his own words. . . not exactly sure how is classifies himself.

StMark
05-29-2008, 01:53 PM
No so, as per his own words. . . not exactly sure how is classifies himself.

OH????.... I just asked Ron and he said he was ..ummm maybe vaugn can state the case

Dr. Vaughn
05-29-2008, 01:57 PM

Friend, I am not a Branhamite.... I am a Christian who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ..... as Bro. Brahnam teaches Jesus I will also follow him.. but I do not believe him to be Divine, without error as BRANHAMITES do...

DividedThigh
05-29-2008, 01:59 PM
glad to hear that, god bless, dt

Rico
05-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Friend, I am not a Branhamite.... I am a Christian who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ..... as Bro. Brahnam teaches Jesus I will also follow him.. but I do not believe him to be Divine, without error as BRANHAMITES do...

Branham doesn't teach anymore. He's dead.

steve p
05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Isn't it absolutley amazing how we focus on those controversial things that keep us in turmoil with each other. It seems we could spend more time focusing on those things we have in common. Someone asked me once if id rather be RIGHT or be HAPPY......
I know this last comment will bring on discussion like...."well your not always supposed to be happy......" Well, do we always have to be right? Do we always have to prove OUR point? Why can't we as believers just look at each other as the body of Christ.
I don't think ANY of us will get EVERYTHING right......
Oh well, just thoughts from no one......
Blessings!

"Its not what you think of me thats important....its what I think of you...."Steve P

StMark
05-29-2008, 02:09 PM

no need to get huffy or defensive....wasn't trying to start an arguement with you early on. as the members here know, my BIL's entire became Branhamites. it split one of the largest churches here in Calif. we use to spend christmas with them (although they didn't believe in C'mas?? lol) until they all moved to the Rockies to wait for the end of the world.
I believe Branham was a man of God gifted but most people in their right minds will never believe that Eve got it on with a reptile

SDG
05-29-2008, 02:11 PM
no need to get huffy or defensive....wasn't trying to start an arguement with you early on. as the members here know, my BIL's entire became Branhamites. it split one of the largest churches here in Calif. we use to spend christmas with them (although they didn't believe in C'mas?? lol) until they all moved to the Rockies to wait for the end of the world.
I believe Branham was a man of God gifted but most people in their right minds will never believe that Eve got it on with a reptile

They are attracted to forked tongues, however.

*Dan ducks*

StMark
05-29-2008, 02:17 PM
They are attracted to forked tongues, however.

*Dan ducks*

a simple yet detailed explanation would be nice - Thanks Dan

Sister Alvear
05-29-2008, 02:17 PM
you boys...behave...

steve p
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
you boys...behave...

:boxing:toofunny:toofunny:boxing:boxing:drama

StMark
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
you boys...behave...

just for you mother :happydance

bkstokes
05-29-2008, 02:21 PM

amen
although V would probably say though dead yet he speaketh. By the way, I wonder how much Voice of God still makes off of him? :happydance

Sister Alvear
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
:happydance

let´s dance, boys...

Rico
05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
amen
although V would probably say though dead yet he speaketh. By the way, I wonder how much Voice of God still makes off of him? :happydance

I wouldn't doubt it a bit. From what I have read, DV believes Branham is the voice for this age. He puts him up there with the apostles and Jesus Himself (see Jesus couldn't heal thread). I have tried to wrap my mind around how someone could get that far off the beaten paths, but it just doesn't compute.

OneAccord
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM

Ironically, it is the words of William Branham (along with God's Word) that constrains me to speak cordially and with respect to people, especially, to a degree, to those with whom I disagree. Though I have moved on from some things Bro. Branham taught, his words here have always stuck with me. These words hung in a frame in our church (not a "Message" church) and remind to me how we should love one another.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/OneAccord_2006/WordChurch.jpg

Dr. Vaughn
05-29-2008, 04:05 PM
One Accord..... Wow, I have never read that.... I love it,,, you can always feel Bro. Branhams true love for Gods people.. thanks for sharing

CC1
05-29-2008, 04:38 PM

Dr. Vaughn, I posted that in haste as I was heading out the door and realized that having done a quick reply I couldn't add a smiley face. It was said in jest.

My role as an administrator has nothing to do with my posting as a poster unless I violate a rule and have to ban myself or report myself to other admin.!:toofunny

Cindy
05-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Isn't it absolutley amazing how we focus on those controversial things that keep us in turmoil with each other. It seems we could spend more time focusing on those things we have in common. Someone asked me once if id rather be RIGHT or be HAPPY......
I know this last comment will bring on discussion like...."well your not always supposed to be happy......" Well, do we always have to be right? Do we always have to prove OUR point? Why can't we as believers just look at each other as the body of Christ.
I don't think ANY of us will get EVERYTHING right......
Oh well, just thoughts from no one......
Blessings!

"Its not what you think of me thats important....its what I think of you...."Steve P

Sadly Steve most of us are right fighters, partly human nature and partly environmental. I believe happiness is a choice. My personal opinion. I had to apologize to my husband the other day, because of the way I responded to him. If I was right or wrong, I don't remember, but I walked away and later apologized. Boy, was that hard.

Sam
05-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Bro. Branham is still teaching through his tapes and writings.

Cindy
05-29-2008, 05:49 PM

Didn't we have a debate here with a Bishop Johnson follower. That is all they do is listen to his tapes. Maybe it was another forum.

Rico
05-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Didn't we have a debate here with a Bishop Johnson follower. That is all they do is listen to his tapes. Maybe it was another forum.

There was a huge debate over this on GNC. I don't remember if it was ever discussed here, at NFCF, or FCF.

StMark
05-29-2008, 05:51 PM

That's true. all they do is listen to his tapes, the last voice to the church is what they told me.

Sam
05-29-2008, 05:51 PM

There are similarities between some of the "Johnsonites" and "Branhamites" as they are called. Both seem to attach a lot of emphasis on the departed leader and spend time listening to his tapes and reading his writings. They both seem to have stopped at a point in time and are not open to anything by anyone else since then.

Rico
05-29-2008, 05:53 PM

I responded to him that way because he spoke of Branham as if he were still alive in the post I was responding to.

Rico
05-29-2008, 05:57 PM
I asked about this Johnson fellow in the original thread that got moved to the debate section, but no one answered. There are some very eerie similarities in how the Johnsonites and the Branhamites view their departed leaders. Both groups believe that their leader was the prophet for this age, both groups listen to tapes from their leader almost exclusively, and both groups will vehemently defend against anyone who dares question their leader's authority.

Steve Epley
05-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Bro. Eply, in my grandmothers defense.. I am told,, I was not there during those sad years of her life.. but I am told that she basically left the handling of the services to the men of her church such as elder Boyd and elder Hightower.......

It was a catch22 for her, she had worked so hard with my fornicating grandfather to do a work for God,... when he left her with 10 children..... and no child support,,,, she almost had no choice.... this is not to defend her I am simply saying what I have heard... even Elder B.A. Spell who I fellowship with alot doesnt believe in women preachers.. but he always behind closed doors sent support to my grandmother in those years

most men that I know felt the same toward your grandmother.

Steve Epley
05-29-2008, 06:05 PM

Yes he is and it is false doctrine. Lying when he was alive and now he is lying even though he is dead.

Broken
05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Yes he is and it is false doctrine. Lying when he was alive and now he is lying even though he is dead.

Very well said, couldn't have said it so succinctly myself

Joie
05-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Dr. Vaughn, I posted that in haste as I was heading out the door and realized that having done a quick reply I couldn't add a smiley face. It was said in jest.

My role as an administrator has nothing to do with my posting as a poster unless I violate a rule and have to ban myself or report myself to other admin.!:toofunny

Brother CC1... Why would you think Bro Vaughn was referring to you?:happydance:toofunny

CC1
05-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Brother CC1... Why would you think Bro Vaughn was referring to you?:happydance:toofunny

LOL!!! True since just because he quoted me in his post doesn't neccessarily mean he was referring to me since all of these threads aren't meant to refer indirectly to William Branham and his views!