PDA

View Full Version : Shane Vaughn-30min lesson Tongues NOT evidence

Encryptus
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2696430844048352940

Thirty minutes video lesson on why tongues is NOT the initial evidence of Baptism of Holy Ghost

Dr. Vaughn
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the plug

1Corinth2v4
05-30-2008, 11:23 AM
This man is full of ..................

bkstokes
05-30-2008, 11:26 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2696430844048352940

Thirty minutes video lesson on why tongues is NOT the initial evidence of Baptism of Holy Ghost

Look at all the Branham cassette tapes back behind the flowers. This lesson should be titled -- THIS IS WHAT BRANHAM TAUGHT.

SDG
05-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I can't see the video .. filtered.

Is his point that it is not evidence at all ... or not "intial" evidence?

Praxeas
05-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Spoken like a true Ex-Pentecostal. Thanks for this evidence

Timmy
05-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Spoken like a true Ex-Pentecostal. Thanks for this evidence

I will always be more ex-pentecostal than Dr. V!

:toofunny

Praxeas
05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I will always be more ex-pentecostal than Dr. V!

:toofunny
among other things...

SDG
05-30-2008, 12:46 PM
among other things...

But I'm still more Apostolic than Praxeas will EVER BE.

DividedThigh
05-30-2008, 12:48 PM
interesting, dt

SDG
05-30-2008, 12:49 PM

Anyone?

bkstokes
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone?

Don't know and I don't care to know. I have had enough of his dortrine already.

tbpew
05-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone?

its available on google video with a basic search on his name.

Maybe synadelfos could give him his own entire section?
Know anybody there with some pull with J-Roc?

SDG
05-30-2008, 01:43 PM

its available on google video with a basic search on his name.

Maybe synadelfos could give him his own entire section?
Know anybody there with some pull with J-Roc?

I have some thoughts on that ...

Rico
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Rats! I am working right now and it has to be completely silent in here. I will have to listen to this later.

Dr. Vaughn
05-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Look at all the Branham cassette tapes back behind the flowers. This lesson should be titled -- THIS IS WHAT BRANHAM TAUGHT.

You can confess your lie now or later.. that was in my Father in Laws office who happens to be CHURCH OF GOD... none of those were Branham tapes......

you never stop the mistruths do you?

Dr. Vaughn
05-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Anyone?

INITIAL

bkstokes
05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
You can confess your lie now or later.. that was in my Father in Laws office who happens to be CHURCH OF GOD... none of those were Branham tapes......

DUDE

Like I really know what they were. IT was a cynical joke.

Dr. Vaughn
05-30-2008, 02:32 PM
DUDE

Like I really know what they were. IT was a cynical joke.

it was an uncalled for and disrespectful joke

Praxeas
05-30-2008, 11:08 PM
But I'm still more Apostolic than Praxeas will EVER BE.
Maybe but not more Oneness than I am :-)

ModsterMan
08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
That video was an exercise of "emotional and experiential theology" if I should be allowed to blaspheme the word "theology"! Dr Vaugn, where did you "earn" your doctorate, I really want to know! Email me at modsterman@hotmail.com if you don't wish to give away your secret publicly.

Sam
08-11-2008, 06:49 PM

I don't think he meant it as a lie.
He saw all those tapes and assumed they were Branham tapes.

Michael Phelps
08-11-2008, 06:56 PM

I'm sorry, but in light of the current situation, this is just the epitome of irony!:ursofunny

Sam
08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
There has historically been differences of opinion among Apostolics/Pentecostals/Charismatics as to whether speaking with tongues is the (one and only) "initial physical evidence" of the Holy Ghost Baptism.

Some believe that prophecy could be an evidence. This is based on Acts 19:1-7 where it says they spoke with tongues and prophesied. Some teach that all of them did both --spoke with tongues and prophesied. Some teach that some of them spoke with tongues and others prophesied.

I preached in an Apostolic church where the pastor taught that speaking with tongues was one of the signs that followed believers. In other words, receive the Spirit of God now and some day some where in the future you will speak with tongues. This was based on Mark 16:17-20

The "official" doctrine of the AVC (Association of Vineyard Churches) is that when a person repents and commits to Jesus and the Holy Spirit comes into his heart that is the Holy Ghost Baptism. Afterward there are fillings or empowerings of the Spirit and speaking with tongues and/or other gifts may happen as a result of those experiences.

HeavenlyOne
08-11-2008, 07:31 PM

This is a classic post.

Don't like liars, do ya?

joshuaistrue
06-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Dear fellow christians

The Dr. Shane Vaughn (aka John Stephan Vaughn) has made the local paper for the following alleged crimes:insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud. He alledgly used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the Social Security number of a 2 yr old child. He then defrauded a life insurance company by "selling" a $212,000 annuity to a person who did not exist, and pocketed approximately $20,000 of commision plus $500 bank fees. He also is an alledged fugitive from Tennessee. That is the truth about ur beloved Dr. To find more about him google Rev Shane Vaughn.

mizpeh
06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Dear fellow christians

The Dr. Shane Vaughn (aka John Stephan Vaughn) has made the local paper for the following alleged crimes:insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud. He alledgly used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the Social Security number of a 2 yr old child. He then defrauded a life insurance company by "selling" a $212,000 annuity to a person who did not exist, and pocketed approximately $20,000 of commision plus $500 bank fees. He also is an alledged fugitive from Tennessee. That is the truth about ur beloved Dr. To find more about him google Rev Shane Vaughn.You need to post a link to substantiate all of these accusations. :foottap

FYI, the "beloved Dr." was banned from this forum.

jaxfam6
06-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Dear fellow christians

The Dr. Shane Vaughn (aka John Stephan Vaughn) has made the local paper for the following alleged crimes:insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud. He alledgly used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the Social Security number of a 2 yr old child. He then defrauded a life insurance company by "selling" a $212,000 annuity to a person who did not exist, and pocketed approximately $20,000 of commision plus $500 bank fees. He also is an alledged fugitive from Tennessee. That is the truth about ur beloved Dr. To find more about him google Rev Shane Vaughn.

sorry friend I googled and did not find any of that stuff. I found a few articles but not like what you mention here. Maybe a link to your sources would be wise.

MissBrattified
06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Dear fellow christians

Regardless of the fact that 'Dr.' Vaughn wasn't well-received here, you will fare no better if you post unsubstantiated accusations. You should either back this up with sources and/or actual court documents, or remove your post.

MissBrattified
06-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Never mind. Jax, here's the link:

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=10462365&ClientType=Printable

"...35-year-old John Stephen Vaughn used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the social security number of a Bogalusa two-year-old to defraud an insurance company.

Investigators say Vaughn nabbed a $20,000 commission from Allianz Life insurance company by selling a $212,000 annuity to a person who didn't exist. By the time Allianz Life realized the annuity sale was fraudulent, Vaughn had withdrawn the money from the bank account. Troopers say he also overdrew his bank account, defrauding his bank of $500.

...He faces insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud charges in Louisiana and Tennessee. In Louisiana, he faces charges in East Baton Rouge Parish, Livingston Parish, and Jefferson Parish."

Elizabeth
06-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Good! I am glad he finally has been caught and brought to justice.

I heard some of these rumors last year and knew of someone he had did tremendous financial damage to.

I hope he stays in the 'Big House' for a long time.

Digging4Truth
06-04-2009, 07:21 AM
This man is full of ..................

What is he full of that would cause one to not finish their sentence?

Digging4Truth
06-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Anyone?

His point is that tongues is not touted in the word of God as the absolute initial evidence.

He shows other evidences in the NT where people had received the Holy Ghost including speaking in tongues.

His statement is that tongues can be an initial evidence as can prophesying etc.

He showed several places where people received the Holy Ghost and there is no evidence (No pun intended) that they spoke in tongues.

He certainly does not say that tongues is not even an evidence. He simply states that tongues, biblically, is not the hard and fast absolute rule of thumb we have been taught it is.

MomOfADramaQn
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Well he sure "sounds" like a pentecostal preacher - lol - why do they feel like they have to talk like that :)

Digging4Truth
06-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Well he sure "sounds" like a pentecostal preacher - lol - why do they feel like they have to talk like that :)

LOL Yep...

I enjoyed the study. I think he did a pretty good job. But... man... that preacher voice just drives me crazy. LOL

jaxfam6
06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Never mind. Jax, here's the link:

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=10462365&ClientType=Printable

"...35-year-old John Stephen Vaughn used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the social security number of a Bogalusa two-year-old to defraud an insurance company.

Investigators say Vaughn nabbed a $20,000 commission from Allianz Life insurance company by selling a $212,000 annuity to a person who didn't exist. By the time Allianz Life realized the annuity sale was fraudulent, Vaughn had withdrawn the money from the bank account. Troopers say he also overdrew his bank account, defrauding his bank of $500.

...He faces insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud charges in Louisiana and Tennessee. In Louisiana, he faces charges in East Baton Rouge Parish, Livingston Parish, and Jefferson Parish."

Thanks for the link. I thought I had looked through about everything I found when I googled. Not that I really cared (which is probably sad) but when you post accusations like this person did you better be able to back it up.
It is sad that he would do such a thing. Of course I would hope that he is not representative of most Branhamites. They may be, sadly, WAY OFF BASE but I would hate to think a majority would be like that.
What gets into men's hearts to cause them to cheat, lie, steal, and even worse? Especially men that know better and were taught better. (that goes for women too)

Esaias
03-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Is this the same guy?

Originalist
04-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Is this the same guy?

yes

Evang.Benincasa
06-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Is this the same guy?

The one and only!

You could grease the chain on your motorcycle with that guy. :)

shag
06-14-2015, 10:13 PM
You guys bumped this up to where D4T had posted.... Sho do miss him and his posts...was a good man that brought good stuff to the forum. Reminded me we need to keep praying for his wife & kids