PDA

View Full Version : The Power in a Gesture.

dizzyde
07-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I wanted to share a testimony, and to encourage anyone who feels the hand of God directing you, to follow through.

I have a lot going on in my life right now, emotionally, physically and spiritually. I feel as though I have been in a holding pattern for so long, waiting for the change to finally come. I prayed very strongly this Sunday night, that I needed a sign that God has not forgotten me.

Yesterday afternoon I was on the way to the airport to pick up my daughter, I stopped by my house to grab the mail. In the mail was a card and a gift from a member of this forum, completely out of the blue, I don't even know how they got my address for sure. In the card was a message from God. This was obviously orchestrated by God, before I even had prayed that prayer!

To know that God is watching, and He does know, and He hasn't forgotten is such a enormous blessing.

I had quite a drive down to LAX yesterday, talking to God and thanking him for His reminder that I am not alone! I sit here now, with tears in my eyes, God is so good!

I want to encourage anyone who feels Gods hand pushing them to make a gesture, even if it seems silly or small to you, to follow through. We are indeed His body, His hands and feet on this earth.

And to the member of this Forum who allowed themselves to used in such a way, I will not call you by name, because I don't want to embarrass you, I want to say THANK YOU, your kindness will not soon be forgotten.

Cindy
07-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Praise the Lord De, that is just like God. He is so wonderful!

Michael Phelps
07-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Excellent testimony Diz, thanks for sharing!

dizzyde
07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
This song has been running through my head all day:

Why should I feel discouraged
Why should the shadows come
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches over me
And I know He watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
And I know He watches me
And I know He watches
I know He watches
I know He watches me

rgcraig
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
This song has been running through my head all day:

Why should I feel discouraged
Why should the shadows come
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
And I know He watches over me
And I know He watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
And I know He watches me
And I know He watches
I know He watches
I know He watches me

Diz - that is the VERY song that my mom would remind me of when I was going through some bumpy spots in my life a few years ago.

She would start trying to sing a few lines and start crying.......it hurt her as a mom to watch me have to go through what I did, but she wanted to remind me that my Heavenly Father was right there with me too.

Sweet memories.

dizzyde
07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Diz - that is the VERY song that my mom would remind me of when I was going through some bumpy spots in my life a few years ago.

She would start trying to sing a few lines and start crying.......it hurt her as a mom to watch me have to go through what I did, but she wanted to remind me that my Heavenly Father was right there with me too.

Sweet memories.

As a mother, the biggest gift will be for my daughters life to be happy and fulfilled, I'm sure you feel the same! I can't imagine what my mother has gone through because of my pain, but you are so right, God is there, always faithful.

That is another song that always has ministered to me, "He's Been Faithful", the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sang it years ago.

Through Every Pain Every Tear
There's A God Who's Been Faithful To Me

When My Strength Was All Gone
When My Heart Had No Song
Still In Love He's Proved Faithful To Me

Every Word He's Promised Is True
What I Thought Was Impossible
I've Seen My God Do

He's Been Faithful
Faithful To Me
Looking Back He's Love And Mercy I See
Though In My Heart I Have Questioned
And Failed To Believe
He's Been Faithful, Faithful To Me

When My Heart Looked Away
The Many Times I Could Not Pray
Still My God Was Faithful To Me

The Days Are Spent So Selfishly
Reaching Out For What Pleased Me
Even Then God Was Faithful To Me

Every Time I Come Back To Him
He Is Waiting For Open Arms
And I See Once Again

He's Been Faithful
Faithful To Me
Even Failed To Believe
Yet He's Been Faithful, Faithful To Me

rgcraig
07-29-2008, 03:08 PM
As a mother, the biggest gift will be for my daughters life to be happy and fulfilled, I'm sure you feel the same! I can't imagine what my mother has gone through because of my pain, but you are so right, God is there, always faithful.

That is another song that always has ministered to me, "He's Been Faithful", the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sang it years ago.

Through Every Pain Every Tear
There's A God Who's Been Faithful To Me

When My Strength Was All Gone
When My Heart Had No Song
Still In Love He's Proved Faithful To Me

Every Word He's Promised Is True
What I Thought Was Impossible
I've Seen My God Do

He's Been Faithful
Faithful To Me
And Failed To Believe
He's Been Faithful, Faithful To Me

When My Heart Looked Away
The Many Times I Could Not Pray
Still My God Was Faithful To Me

The Days Are Spent So Selfishly
Reaching Out For What Pleased Me
Even Then God Was Faithful To Me

Every Time I Come Back To Him
He Is Waiting For Open Arms
And I See Once Again

He's Been Faithful
Faithful To Me
Even Failed To Believe
Yet He's Been Faithful, Faithful To Me

AND THAT was the SONG that I sang driving many of a day!

Rhoni
07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
A dear AFF'er once gave me a CD by CeCe Winans with a song she said was hand picked by God for me: Mercy said "NO". It came at a time in my life that I really needed the afiirmation and it still blesses my soul.

Thank God for people who are sensitive to the Spirit.

Blessigns, Rhoni

Cindy
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I am getting goose bumps reading the words to those songs. Thank you Jesus for being so faithful to us, Amen!

CC1
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I wanted to share a testimony, and to encourage anyone who feels the hand of God directing you, to follow through.

I have a lot going on in my life right now, emotionally, physically and spiritually. I feel as though I have been in a holding pattern for so long, waiting for the change to finally come. I prayed very strongly this Sunday night, that I needed a sign that God has not forgotten me.

Yesterday afternoon I was on the way to the airport to pick up my daughter, I stopped by my house to grab the mail. In the mail was a card and a gift from a member of this forum, completely out of the blue, I don't even know how they got my address for sure. In the card was a message from God. This was obviously orchestrated by God, before I even had prayed that prayer!

To know that God is watching, and He does know, and He hasn't forgotten is such a enormous blessing.

I had quite a drive down to LAX yesterday, talking to God and thanking him for His reminder that I am not alone! I sit here now, with tears in my eyes, God is so good!

I want to encourage anyone who feels Gods hand pushing them to make a gesture, even if it seems silly or small to you, to follow through. We are indeed His body, His hands and feet on this earth.

And to the member of this Forum who allowed themselves to used in such a way, I will not call you by name, because I don't want to embarrass you, I want to say THANK YOU, your kindness will not soon be forgotten.

Excellent testiomony dizzyde!

Things like this is why I say phooey to those who think a forum like this doesn't matter or is just entertainment.

When my son was a Marine serving in Ramadi and Fallujah Iraq it was the prayers and support of the folks on one of the predecessor forums to AFF that got me through and gave me strength when my faith would falter.

rgcraig
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Things like this is why I say phooey to those who think a forum like this doesn't matter or is just entertainment.

When my son was a Marine serving in Ramadi and Fallujah Iraq it was the prayers and support of the folks on one of the predecessor forums to AFF that got me through and gave me strength when my faith would falter.

Exactly!!

Sherri
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Exactly!!If only Eddie understood this. He thinks it's just a very strange addiction. LOL!

Carpenter
07-29-2008, 05:33 PM

Great, now I feel like a pair of horses sit-muscles after what I just wrote on that other thread.

...on the other hand,

I have a lot going on in my life right now, emotionally, physically and spiritually. I feel as though I have been in a holding pattern for so long, waiting for the change to finally come. I need a sign that God has not forgotten me.

hint...hint... :D ...but honestly if some of you only knew.

Thanks Dizzy, that was great, and should be an example that God IS faithful!

rgcraig
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Great, now I feel like a pair of horses sit-muscles after what I just wrote on that other thread.

...on the other hand,

I have a lot going on in my life right now, emotionally, physically and spiritually. I feel as though I have been in a holding pattern for so long, waiting for the change to finally come. I need a sign that God has not forgotten me.

hint...hint... :D ...but honestly if some of you only knew.

Thanks Dizzy, that was great, and should be an example that God IS faithful!
Here's your sign - maybe it'll give you some direction!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f108/rgcraig/sign-1.jpg

Cindy
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Been there!!!

Blubayou
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
This is one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum. It is a network of friends with common backgrounds that encourage, lift one another and even pull one anothers hair! Thanks Dizzye for reminding us.

tamor
07-30-2008, 07:27 AM
This is one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum. It is a network of friends with common backgrounds that encourage, lift one another and even pull one anothers hair! Thanks Dizzye for reminding us.

Amen!!

MrsMcD
07-30-2008, 08:16 AM
What an awesome testimony. Thanks for sharing.

steve p
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I keep wondering why im drawn to this forum. Theologically, I disagree with the majority here. But, I see posts like Diz's and it warms my heart. Even when we can't agree, that doesn't mean we can't love. (Maybe I just come here to see what craziness St. Mark is gona come up with!,,,:crazy)

Blessings!

Carpenter
07-30-2008, 09:54 AM

Oh, I can make a decision, it is just that I frequently end up at the same point going for arrow number two. :D