PDA

View Full Version : Another Praise Report!

Pastor Keith
09-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Since taking the current Pastorate, on site since April, vote as Pastor in August a number of things have happened that are note worthy.

We ran about 70 or more when I became unofficially the pastor, after a couple of weeks there was a blow up (nothing to do with me, but I had to handle it) a family that caused tremendous conflict left taking 11 or more with them. A another very large family left as well causing a decline of at least 25% of our church.

As of yesterday we are back above 70 or more people. We have a great outreach program to people with addiction and dysfunctional backgrounds.

Matter of fact in our Friday night recovery meeting we had over 70 mostly unchurched people, wow, I don't know where to begin to start preaching to these folks.

We are going to embark in the coming year going after Faith based grant monies. I might as well try to get some funds so I can do this full time.

We had a number new people receiving prayer yesterday. As well as a powerful move of the spirit.

So God is good to us, things are developing so fast that I have a hard time keeping up with what God is doing.

God Bless, and pray for us we need it.

Scott Hutchinson
09-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Praise God for this wonderful praise report.

rgcraig
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Keith & Jeanie,

This is what it is all about!

Thanks for sharing your praise report and I'm praying for more!

Esther
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Good report.

Pastor Keith
09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I taught a Bible Study on Friday Morning to about 8 ladies (Jeanie was with me) I couldn't believe it none of the ladies present had ever heard of the story of the prodigal son. Refreshing to minister to people who absolutely know nothing about God, bible or salvation.

Elizabeth
09-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I taught a Bible Study on Friday Morning to about 8 ladies (Jeanie was with me) I couldn't believe it none of the ladies present had ever heard of the story of the prodigal son. Refreshing to minister to people who absolutely know nothing about God, bible or salvation.

I need to down load the pictures and share them-let me find the camera.

deltaguitar
09-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Great! I love to hear testimonies. It is good to know that you are recovering from the "issues" and attendance is back up.

Pastor Keith
09-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Great! I love to hear testimonies. It is good to know that you are recovering from the "issues" and attendance is back up.

It was quite hairy there for a couple of weeks. But God is good and things are moving forward.

Pastor Keith
09-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I need to down load the pictures and share them-let me find the camera.

Please baby doll, post them pics.

Elizabeth
09-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Please baby doll, post them pics.

Baby doll-lol! I think you have the camera?:dunno

Cindy
09-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Praise the Lord, He is so faithful. What a wonderful report.

Blubayou
09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Great to hear about the move of God!

Elizabeth
09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/LizM4God/September%2008/Sept2008003.jpg

Elizabeth
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/LizM4God/September%2008/Sept2008002.jpg

Elizabeth
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/LizM4God/September%2008/Sept2008001.jpg

GraceAmazing
09-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear of good things taking place.
God just has that unique way of doing things greater than any expectation!!!

Elizabeth
09-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear of good things taking place.
God just has that unique way of doing things greater than any expectation!!!

That is so true! We did not imagine the things that would open up as a result of opening this recovery house.

NA (narcotics anonymous )had it's first meeting last Friday, the director was expecting 3 or 4, but ended up having 70 people show up! It's totally God bringing this all together-

GraceAmazing
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
That is so true! We did not imagine the things that would open up as a result of opening this recovery house.

NA (narcotics anonymous )had it's first meeting last Friday, the director was expecting 3 or 4, but ended up having 70 people show up! It's totally God bringing this all together-

NA is a wonderful tool. My uncle tried for many years to kick his drug habit...coming into the church only to backslide again and again. Thru much prayer and the help of the accountability that NA brings into one's life, he's been drug free for 8 years!!! Thank the Lord!

It's great to see that you and Keith are not limiting the avenues that God can use! God can only do those blow-your-mind things when we really start letting go of those "how it should be" ideas!!!

Elizabeth
09-22-2008, 05:03 PM
NA is a wonderful tool. My uncle tried for many years to kick his drug habit...coming into the church only to backslide again and again. Thru much prayer and the help of the accountability that NA brings into one's life, he's been drug free for 8 years!!! Thank the Lord!

It's great to see that you and Keith are not limiting the avenues that God can use! God can only do those blow-your-mind things when we really start letting go of those "how it should be" ideas!!!

Amen and AMEN to that!

All of this just sort of happened, and it could not have been anyone else but God.

The old pastors moved out of the parsonage and it was vacant.

We needed to rent it out to generate some income. Well, one of the leaders
has been wanting to run a recovery house, but the church wasn't quite
ready-so we decided to rent the vacant house to a couple who runs many recovery homes in the area-we thought we would watch and learn and eventually take it over-

Well we are renting this house to this other group "Freedom House" with the stipulation that the residents attend our church an attend bible studies.

Then that same couple who runs freedom house, also wanted to use our fellowship hall for NA meetings--that lead to us meeting other folks in the area and for us to hold our first NA meeting.

This whole thing has been God, and now we are seeking to expand the vision and hopefully Keith can go full time!

MikeinAR
09-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Keith thanks for sharing the good news with us. It's exciting to hear reports of how light is confronting darkness and winning. You guys are in my prayers as you continue taking the good news to those in need of it.