PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read Charisma????

Steve Epley
04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
I picked one up today it was filled with "fascinating" stuff to say the least. However there was a invitation from Steve & Becky Fender to their Passion Drama. I was sadden to know these folks at one time not closely but I have been in services with them. I want to pray Solomon's prayer "Let Not Mercy and Truth forsake Me." The twins are a must for survival.

Felicity
04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't buy it but I get to read it because we sell it where I work. I saw the ad by the Fenders. I never really knew them but know they were UPC I think at one time.

Thad
04-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Steve and Becky had their Big grand opening for their New church not too long ago. I hear it's really nice.

I believe they had a conference of some sorts too

Thad
04-02-2007, 04:29 PM
now, I gotta say, I' m a little shocked that you would buy and read a copy of Charisma magazine ! wow :slaphappy

Lee Grady has been really speaking out boldly against many charismatic pastors lately. very interesting

whollyHis
04-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I picked one up today it was filled with "fascinating" stuff to say the least. However there was a invitation from Steve & Becky Fender to their Passion Drama. I was sadden to know these folks at one time not closely but I have been in services with them. I want to pray Solomon's prayer "Let Not Mercy and Truth forsake Me." The twins are a must for survival.

Steve got saved in one of my daddy's revivals...they played guitars together...

CC1
04-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Steve and Becky had their Big grand opening for their New church not too long ago. I hear it's really nice.

I believe they had a conference of some sorts too

The new church is an interesting design. It looks like someone wanted to be creative on a budget.

It is very visibile from IH35 as you go into San Antonio from the north. Seems like a good location. It is on the same property the old sanctuary is on but it faces a different direction.

Becky has an incredible voice and back in the 70's and 80's was one of my favorite singers. I am not a big Steve Fender fan but I am pleased to see their many years pastoring in SA has born fruit and they are being blessed.

ThePastorsCoach
04-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Pastor Becky Fender will be our special speaker & Psalmist in our Women's Conference @ Sea. Come go with us!! October 22-27 from Tampa to Grand Cayman & Cozumel. Good singing - good preaching - good people!

Steve Epley
04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
The new church is an interesting design. It looks like someone wanted to be creative on a budget.

It is very visibile from IH35 as you go into San Antonio from the north. Seems like a good location. It is on the same property the old sanctuary is on but it faces a different direction.

Becky has an incredible voice and back in the 70's and 80's was one of my favorite singers. I am not a big Steve Fender fan but I am pleased to see their many years pastoring in SA has born fruit and they are being blessed.

I think Becky has forever carried the load my opinion. I have not seen the new building but a pastor friend who lives there has walked through it with Steve.

Old Paths
04-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Charisma is for whimps.

:D

Felicity
04-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Charisma is for whimps.

:D:toofunny :toofunny :toofunny

Steve Epley
04-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I was feeling a little weak today.:tiphat

Thad
04-02-2007, 05:49 PM

Does anyone have the phone number and address to the AMF headQuaters???

Old Paths
04-02-2007, 05:50 PM

If you're going to read FICTION I recommend Tommy Fudge's book.

Felicity
04-02-2007, 05:59 PM
If you're going to read FICTION I recommend Tommy Fudge's book.Excuse me?!! Fiction?!! No way! Part of my history and heritage is in that book and it ain't fiction. :drawguns

TRIPLE E
04-02-2007, 06:03 PM

:slaphappy

Old Paths
04-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Excuse me?!! Fiction?!! No way! Part of my history and heritage is in that book and it ain't fiction. :drawguns

Hey Lady, don't you know that most good fiction writers are able to weave true history into their story to make it SEEM real.

Hee heeeeeeeeeeeeee

StillStanding
04-02-2007, 06:05 PM

A lot of folks WISH it were fiction!! :tiphat

Praxeas
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I noticed they don't bother to tell you what they believe

Praxeas
04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Hey Lady, don't you know that most good fiction writers are able to weave true history into their story to make it SEEM real.

Hee heeeeeeeeeeeeee
A word for it is Polemic

Praxeas
04-02-2007, 06:15 PM
:slaphappy

Old Paths
04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
A word for it is Polemic

Huh?

po·lem·ic (pə-lĕm'ĭk)
n.
A controversial argument, especially one refuting or attacking a specific opinion or doctrine.
A person engaged in or inclined to controversy, argument, or refutation.
adj. also po·lem·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl)
Of or relating to a controversy, argument, or refutation.

Felicity
04-02-2007, 06:17 PM

Hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeLOL! You are a mess! :toofunny

Praxeas
04-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Huh?

po·lem·ic (pə-lĕm'ĭk)
n.
A controversial argument, especially one refuting or attacking a specific opinion or doctrine.
A person engaged in or inclined to controversy, argument, or refutation.
adj. also po·lem·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl)
Of or relating to a controversy, argument, or refutation.
Isn't that how you see Fudges book? Or what he was attempting to do?

Felicity
04-02-2007, 06:20 PM
A lot of folks WISH it were fiction!! :tiphatVery true. Too bad because it isn't! :thumbsup

Old Paths
04-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Isn't that how you see Fudges book? Or what he was attempting to do?

Oh OK.

Steve Epley
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM

Headquarters if we have one it is in the briefcase of the General Secretary.:tiphat

A friend who pastors a church in Washington state baptized a young lady whose family went to an Anglican church in Canada an official called this pastor's home and asked for the headquarters office that was the reply the pastor's wife gave he seemed confused she said.:happydance :happydance

Thad
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Headquarters if we have one it is in the briefcase of the General Secretary.:tiphat

A friend who pastors a church in Washington state baptized a young lady whose family went to an Anglican church in Canada an official called this pastor's home and asked for the headquarters office that was the reply the pastor's wife gave he seemed confused she said.:happydance :happydance

Can we say " CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNRRRRRRTY "

Praxeas
04-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Can we say " CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNRRRRRRTY "
Cunrty?

CC1
04-02-2007, 07:06 PM

That was just plain rude Thad. You know good and well that those AMF folks don't believe in telephones!!!!

Don't you know that there are psychic hotlines and sex hotlines on telephones?????? How could you possibly suggest any AMF person or headquarters would have one of those evil devices that can convey such garbage.

tsk, tsk, tsk..............................:happydance

Steve Epley
04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
That was just plain rude Thad. You know good and well that those AMF folks don't believe in telephones!!!!

Don't you know that there are psychic hotlines and sex hotlines on telephones?????? How could you possibly suggest any AMF person or headquarters would have one of those evil devices that can convey such garbage.

tsk, tsk, tsk..............................:happydance

Someone said our headquarters is in Heaven but I doubt very much if that is so.:happydance :happydance

CC1
04-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Someone said our headquarters is in Heaven but I doubt very much if that is so.:happydance :happydance

LOL!!! Will they still be arguing about whether communion should be done with wine or grape juice in heaven?

Steve Epley
04-02-2007, 07:16 PM
LOL!!! Will they still be arguing about whether communion should be done with wine or grape juice in heaven?

NOPE all those juicers will be instantly converted at the Marriage supper.:aaa :tiphat :happydance :toofunny :winkgrin :slaphappy :neener :friend

Jack Shephard
04-14-2007, 06:56 PM
NOPE all those juicers will be instantly converted at the Marriage supper.:aaa :tiphat :happydance :toofunny :winkgrin :slaphappy :neener :friend

Are you a wine-o Elder Epley? I can see it now...the conservative pastor is a wine-o. I should stop that is how rumors get started.:laffatu