PDA

View Full Version : War With Iran-Imminent? And At What Cost?

Ron
04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Russia is warning the States not to go against Iran with a veiled threat of it's own.

Analysts say that the US Military can only be involved in 2.5 conflicts in the world at any given time (barring going nuclear but then everyones toast).

Given that, do you think war in Iran is imminent, and at what cost?

Grated the leader of Iran is a certified whack job with visions of mesiahship literally.

Is war though the best option?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070403/pl_nm/iran_usa_russia_dc

Kutless
04-03-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't think I could say its the best option, but I think he is definitely throwing in our face that he will do what he wants when he wants.

Ferd
04-03-2007, 11:22 AM
A couple of points here. while we see the face of Iran as the President, he is not the real leader of the nation of Iran. the real leader is a radical Imam who is currently sick. there is some potential that the next Imam could be more radical or less. we dont know for sure.

What we do know is that Iran is commetted to creating nuclear bombs. At some point, we will have to deal with this issue. but we have options other than invasion.
1. Isreal can bomb them back to the stone ages.
2. Great Britian can invade to get their people back.
3. we can prevent them from getting any gas (they only have 1 gas refinery and import over 40% of the gas they use)

We have options that do not include an American Ground invasion.

Further the present president is elected and will be replaced. in combination with that action, and the death of the current Imam there is the possibility that Iran can acutally moderate.

Baring some additional action by Iran to goad Amercia into war, i do not believe that we will invade there.

Michael The Disciple
04-03-2007, 11:26 AM
War with them seems very likely either sooner or later. God has a controversy with the nations over sin. He has many times used them as agents of his wrath. Dont be surprised if it happens.

America's military is slowly being bled dry. The Russians and Chinese are watching this closely. They would be fine with a bogged down weakened America. There are adventures in Geography they would like to take but are restrained by our influence. That may not last long.

Dont forget America is a very wicked nation. Our God is a very merciful God. He was merciful to Sodom for a season. But later annihilated it.

Ron
04-03-2007, 11:42 AM
War with them seems very likely either sooner or later. God has a controversy with the nations over sin. He has many times used them as agents of his wrath. Dont be surprised if it happens.

America's military is slowly being bled dry. The Russians and Chinese are watching this closely. They would be fine with a bogged down weakened America. There are adventures in Geography they would like to take but are restrained by our influence. That may not last long.

Dont forget America is a very wicked nation. Our God is a very merciful God. He was merciful to Sodom for a season. But later annihilated it.

Right, China & Russia are growing in power and hate the US.

I believe God will be harsher on North America as we have thrashed (the majority anyway) the freedoms and responsibilities of this Gospel so that we are without excuse.

Our only hope is Revival.

Margies3
04-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Way back in my late teens, we had a man come to our church to speak (Apostolic church). He was teaching prophecy. One of the things that he stressed was that he felt that he could see America in the scriptures. And that what he saw for us was annihilation. He name the countries from the north and all the others and basically boiled them down to this: There will be a gian war in the middle east where the blood will flow up the horses legs, Russia will be a major player, China will be a major player and America will be bombed with a nuclear explosion that will make it unsafe for any of us to step outside for a long, long time - IF we survived.

Have any of you ever heard this kind of teaching? Do you believe it is correct?

COOPER
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Way back in my late teens, we had a man come to our church to speak (Apostolic church). He was teaching prophecy. One of the things that he stressed was that he felt that he could see America in the scriptures. And that what he saw for us was annihilation. He name the countries from the north and all the others and basically boiled them down to this: There will be a gian war in the middle east where the blood will flow up the horses legs, Russia will be a major player, China will be a major player and America will be bombed with a nuclear explosion that will make it unsafe for any of us to step outside for a long, long time - IF we survived.

Yes, I have heard a Prophecy teacher in the UPC say they felt the USA was Babylon.

I do not believe it.

But because The USA is a multi-raced country, she could be the Great whore.

CC1
04-03-2007, 12:10 PM
This is a very tough situation with no easy solution.

The one thing I do know is that we cannot afford to allow an extremist regime like Iran to have a nuclear weapon.

They are not rational and do not hold shared values with other countries in the world. It is thought that the Iranian President subscribes to a version of Islam wherein he believes that he could usher in the arrival of a new prophet by starting a World War and destroying Infidels.

There is a lot of domestic unrest in Iran that favors an eventual change in the government but I don't know if we have time to wait for that to happen as they will have a nuclear weapon shortly.

The bad thing about Israel or us bombing their infrastructure is that it is widely dispersed, deeply underground resistant to "bunker" bombs, AND that action will unite the moderate and liberal Iranian people who normally oppose their government into backing it up.

Combine that with Iran sharing a border with Iraq and we might see hundreds of thousands of Islamic Ianian nuts pouring across the border to try and kill American soldiers and Marines.

Michael The Disciple
04-04-2007, 12:04 AM

I have heard this kind of teaching and taught the same thing for many years. I believe either New York City or the whole of America is the great whore of Babylon.

God is a God of judgment when he is provoked. He will not justify the wicked.

vrblackwell
04-04-2007, 12:12 AM
I have heard this kind of teaching and taught the same thing for many years. I believe either New York City or the whole of America is the great whore of Babylon.

God is a God of judgment when he is provoked. He will not justify the wicked.

You talk as though we are the most wicked country there is. Quite the contrary.
No doubt America is not where it needs to be, however, we are a very Godly country compared to the rest.

Praxeas
04-04-2007, 01:35 AM
There are a lot of dissidents and restless young people in Iran...I think there are far better ways and cheaper than spreading our military across Afghanistan, Iraq, South Korea and now Iran....We can't afford this financially nor strategically....let the EU handle it

Praxeas
04-04-2007, 01:37 AM

American does not necessarily have to be annihilated. We can be marginalized which is already happening and our dept can be stretched so far that financially we can no longer afford a cowboy in office bomb happy

Michael The Disciple
04-04-2007, 08:10 AM
You talk as though we are the most wicked country there is. Quite the contrary.
No doubt America is not where it needs to be, however, we are a very Godly country compared to the rest.

Very Godly? Tell that to millions of babies America has sacrificed to her God over the years. Their blood will not be unavenged.

Try to speak that "gay" is a sin in public some time. You will see how this very godly nation treats you.

Yes there are other nations just as bad if not worse. America however has more light available. Therefore she will be held to a higher standard.

In the end time all nations will be punished for sin and Jesus and the saints will rule them with a rod of iron.

Ron
04-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Very Godly? Tell that to millions of babies America has sacrificed to her God over the years. Their blood will not be unavenged.

Try to speak that "gay" is a sin in public some time. You will see how this very godly nation treats you.

Yes there are other nations just as bad if not worse. America however has more light available. Therefore she will be held to a higher standard.

In the end time all nations will be punished for sin and Jesus and the saints will rule them with a rod of iron.

Yep, that's how I see it.
If God spared not Natural Israel what makes people think that he won't do the same to we in North America.

Sobering.