PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Brother Blume - Satan lied in the Garden!

Pressing-On
04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
I have never heard it put this way before. Glad I'm on your e-mail list, Brother Blume. Every time you have a Bible study it always points back to the cross! Always!

The study is called "Excavating in Christ"

This is one of the awesome points:

God made them in HIS IMAGE AND LIKENESS.

Gen 3:4-5 KJV And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

He lied and implied they were NOT LIKE GOD.

* He said there was a way in which THEY COULD BECOME LIKE GOD.
* That meant they were not.

And the woman did not realize she was already like God, and fell to temptation.

I've always been taught that satan's lie was changing the wording of what God really said, but this truth, above, was the real lie!

Awesome!!!!!!

:happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance

mfblume
04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks, sister.

You know, I noticed one day that Eve's observation that the fruit of the forbidden tree being pleasant to the sight and good for food, and able to make one wise, was a three-part list. And all the other fruit had two thirds of this one... pleasant to sight and good for food.

Gen 3:6 KJV And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Gen 2:9 KJV And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The KILLER element was the THIRD one that was absent from the rest of the fruit. A tree desired to make one wise. It was SELF EXALTATION which, once again, shows the contrast to the work fo the cross. The cross demands self denial!

Thank God for the tree of Life, the CROSS. It sounds like death, but that is in regards to SELF. However, once self is denied and falls into the ground and dies, we receive life AGAIN MORE ABUNDANTLY.

I love the work of the cross and its application through Acts 2:38!

mfblume
04-05-2007, 11:57 AM
I've always been taught that satan's lie was changing the wording of what God really said,

I heard that before as well, but disagree. People have said that God never intended for Eve to add the words, "neither shall ye touch it...", when all we read was, "thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." There was nothing wrong with Eve saying they could not touch the fruit. It is a natural conclusion to God's words about not eating it.

Pressing-On
04-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks, sister.

You know, I noticed one day that Eve's observation that the fruit of the forbidden tree being pleasant to the sight and good for food, and able to make one wise, was a three-part list. And all the other fruit had two thirds of this one... pleasant to sight and good for food.

The KILLER element was the THIRD one that was absent from the rest of the fruit. A tree desired to make one wise. It was SELF EXALTATION which, once again, shows the contrast to the work fo the cross. The cross demands self denial!

Thank God for the tree of Life, the CROSS. It sounds like death, but that is in regards to SELF. However, once self is denied and falls into the ground and dies, we receive life AGAIN MORE ABUNDANTLY.

I love the work of the cross and its application through Acts 2:38!
Amen! I never noticed that before. Very awesome.

Pressing-On
04-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I heard that before as well, but disagree. People have said that God never intended for Eve to add the words, "neither shall ye touch it...", when all we read was, "thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." There was nothing wrong with Eve saying they could not touch the fruit. It is a natural conclusion to God's words about not eating it.

This is what I was seeing and didn't want to teach any Bible studies concerning this because it never made sense to me.

Now it does. Thanks! :tiphat

Scott Hutchinson
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Here is something to ponder see GEN.3:2,3 sure God said don't touch the tree in the midst of the garden ,cause how could one eat of something ,without touching it?
To me satan's lie was you shall surely not die.
Because Adam and Eve were innocent before original sin ,they did not have a personal experience of sin prior to their partaking of the fruit.
Original sin brought in a the aging process ,and loss of immortality due to loss of access to the tree of life.

Scott Hutchinson
04-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Adam and Eve certainly were in God's image and likeness so they were like God in alot of ways ,but disobedience marred their position and fellowship with God.

Pressing-On
04-06-2007, 05:47 AM
Here is something to ponder see GEN.3:2,3 sure God said don't touch the tree in the midst of the garden ,cause how could one eat of something ,without touching it?
To me satan's lie was you shall surely not die.
Because Adam and Eve were innocent before original sin ,they did not have a personal experience of sin prior to their partaking of the fruit.
Original sin brought in a the aging process ,and loss of immortality due to loss of access to the tree of life.

Adam and Eve certainly were in God's image and likeness so they were like God in alot of ways ,but disobedience marred their position and fellowship with God.

All good points, Brother Scott. It encompassed a lot of things. Just a lot more than merely saying that the serpent changed God's wording to trick her. I never thought that's what he did. He was in essence saying the same exact thing, just in his own words.

I see Eve doing the same we do - even with salvation - not realizing we have everything we need and thus the enemy and our flesh coming to offer us more.

I remember Brother Barnes talking about how God told him in prayer, "I gave you my blood, my name, my spirit and my Word. What else do you need?"

Eve didn't realize she had everything she needed right where she was and that is how she could be deceived.

I believe in the Study, which Brother Blume may want to link, he is talking about how we can only be satisfied hungering and thirsting - as the deer panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my would after thee....."

In other words - If we don't keep "pressing on" we are going to become dissatisfied and look for fulfillment elsewhere.

Ron
04-06-2007, 10:09 AM
All good points, Brother Scott. It encompassed a lot of things. Just a lot more than merely saying that the serpent changed God's wording to trick her. I never thought that's what he did. He was in essence saying the same exact thing, just in his own words.

I see Eve doing the same we do - even with salvation - not realizing we have everything we need and thus the enemy and our flesh coming to offer us more.

I remember Brother Barnes talking about how God told him in prayer, "I gave you my blood, my name, my spirit and my Word. What else do you need?"

Eve didn't realize she had everything she needed right where she was and that is how she could be deceived.

I believe in the Study, which Brother Blume may want to link, he is talking about how we can only be satisfied hungering and thirsting - as the deer panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my would after thee....."

In other words - If we don't keep "pressing on" we are going to become dissatisfied and look for fulfillment elsewhere.

Is that a plug I see for ones self?:D

Pressing-On
04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Is that a plug I see for ones self?:D
YES! I have a huge ego and can be manipulated!! :toofunny