PDA

View Full Version : My 3yr old...

Theresa
04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Please keep my little one in your prayers....Marleigh fell down the stairs and broke her collarbone last night....
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/yakkowakodot/15.jpg

actually it was 1AM, she was coming downstairs to look for me....((major guilt here))

She's being a little trooper, asked to go to the hospital and was very cooperative and did everything they asked. She doesnt understand why it's not automatically fixed tho....I just pray she not do any further damage, they gave her a sling but she's 3...I cannot keep her in it, nor do they think it would actually do her any good.

I have to call St Louis Children's today to get her scheduled with an orthapedist.....

side note...I'm feeling real confident in St Louis Children's right now...the phone number they gave me is for the EYE clinic......anyway, this girl answered the phone and right away I knew I had the wrong number..I asked her for assistance in being transfered or given the number and told her what department I actually needed. She replied, "Is that bones and stuff?"......I was real polite when I told her yes...I was very careful to mask my dismay and sarcasm....

she still gave me the wrong department, who transferred me to a constantly ringing phone.

rgcraig
04-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Oh my.......well, first you should be upset with ER last night for giving you the wrong #.

Bless her heart, that is no fun - - I broke mine when I was 16 and it HURTS. I did have a brace that they were able to use that kept my shoulder stable, but with her being so little - - not a lot they can do.

We'll pray it heals quickly!!!!

Pressing-On
04-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Theresa,
Poor little thing! I am so sorry that happened. I also pray that she heals quickly!!!

MrsMcD
04-10-2007, 09:03 AM
My goodness this is awful. What can they do about it beside the sling? Or is there anything that can be done? I do think children tend to heal much faster than we do.

Ferd
04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
ouch, poor baby.

Tina
04-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Praying for her.... and for you.

Sis Santos
04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh poor baby! I will be praying for her.

Ron
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I will be praying Theresa.
I broke my collarbone when I was 4 so I can sympathize.
Don't feel bad at this age they are curious, I broke mine when I tried to be with my Uncle.

Falla39
04-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Please keep my little one in your prayers....Marleigh fell down the stairs and broke her collarbone last night....
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/yakkowakodot/15.jpg

actually it was 1AM, she was coming downstairs to look for me....((major guilt here))

She's being a little trooper, asked to go to the hospital and was very cooperative and did everything they asked. She doesnt understand why it's not automatically fixed tho....I just pray she not do any further damage, they gave her a sling but she's 3...I cannot keep her in it, nor do they think it would actually do her any good.

I have to call St Louis Children's today to get her scheduled with an orthapedist.....

side note...I'm feeling real confident in St Louis Children's right now...the phone number they gave me is for the EYE clinic......anyway, this girl answered the phone and right away I knew I had the wrong number..I asked her for assistance in being transfered or given the number and told her what department I actually needed. She replied, "Is that bones and stuff?"......I was real polite when I told her yes...I was very careful to mask my dismay and sarcasm....

she still gave me the wrong department, who transferred me to a constantly ringing phone.

Lord Jesus, Please touch this child with a Touch as only You can do!

We humbly ask that there would be no lasting complications resulting

from this fall, in Jesus Name! Thank you, Lord Jesus!!

Falla39

Margies3
04-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Lord Jesus, Please touch this child with a Touch as only You can do!

We humbly ask that there would be no lasting complications resulting

from this fall, in Jesus Name! Thank you, Lord Jesus!!

Falla39

AMEN!!!

Scott Hutchinson
04-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Praying here.