PDA

View Full Version : This is Dog Funny.................

IAintMovin
02-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I dont remember if Dan ever posted this on NFCF, but he posted it over on another forum and it is totally dog funny in my book......here it is.

Here goes!

Recently, I had a funeral that required the use of our local "honor guard". They perform the taps and the 21 gun salute at military funerals.
Bless their hearts...they are older guys...half of them cant get the guns up so they shoot from the hip.!

Anyways...I have told these guys to please make sure when they set up before my arrival to make sure they stand in a way that they are not aiming at the family!

A couple of weeks ago I had the honor to bury Mr. Verdin. He was 104 and was a WW1 Veteran. He had a sharp mind...often I would sit in the barber shop and talk things like the "Titanic". Amzing man.

Well...there we were under the tent....beautiful day....flag flying....67 grand children including greats and great greats.

Father Danny was going on and on and on....Mrs Verdin (94) falls sound asleep and is snoring and slumped over in her chair.
Of course I am supposed to be the picture of all that is solid.....

Well.....it comes time to fire the guns........"Ready.....aim....fire"!

When they shot the first volley....it scared Mrs Verdin so bad she slid out of her chair and hit the ground. And to my HOROR...her 8 year old great great grandson screams at the top of his little lungs...."...BEEP.... THEY DONE SHOT GRANDMA!"

Well. by now I am laughing so hard I am about to completely lose all composure.

Does it stop there? NO!

They fire the second volley..."BAM" the boys runs towards them screaming "STOP SHOOTING YOU ....BEEP..... are you trying to kill us all"!

By now me and the entire family are dying laughing....the honor guard has NO idea of what is going on...

I had tears running down my face trying so hard not to lose it while trying to fold the flag and present it to the family!

Oh my the things that happen in funerals.

rgcraig
02-13-2007, 11:42 AM
I can't even imagine having to keep a straight face.

Blsdbeyondmsure
02-13-2007, 11:48 AM
That's one of they funniest things I've ever read. I don't do well in situations where I'm suppose to be serious & something funny happens.

rgcraig
02-13-2007, 11:50 AM
That's one of they funniest things I've ever read. I don't do well in situations where I'm suppose to be serious & something funny happens.

Me either.....probably best we don't sit together in our committee meetings since the leader is sooooo serious!

Drama Queen
02-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I can't even imagine having to keep a straight face.

Dan didn't keep a straight face.... in fact he had to send Larry (his assistant) to the car to compose himself! :bliss

Sister Truth Seeker
02-13-2007, 11:55 AM
:bliss :killinme :heeheehee

Blsdbeyondmsure
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Me either.....probably best we don't sit together in our committee meetings since the leader is sooooo serious!

My mom is the same way. When I was growing up if something funny happened in church & we happened to catch each others eyes, both of us would break down. My mom played the organ & her way to hide laughing was to use a handkerchief & act like she was wiping her nose. :killinme

Esther
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I dont remember if Dan ever posted this on NFCF, but he posted it over on another forum and it is totally dog funny in my book......here it is.

Here goes!

Recently, I had a funeral that required the use of our local "honor guard". They perform the taps and the 21 gun salute at military funerals.
Bless their hearts...they are older guys...half of them cant get the guns up so they shoot from the hip.!

Anyways...I have told these guys to please make sure when they set up before my arrival to make sure they stand in a way that they are not aiming at the family!

A couple of weeks ago I had the honor to bury Mr. Verdin. He was 104 and was a WW1 Veteran. He had a sharp mind...often I would sit in the barber shop and talk things like the "Titanic". Amzing man.

Well...there we were under the tent....beautiful day....flag flying....67 grand children including greats and great greats.

Father Danny was going on and on and on....Mrs Verdin (94) falls sound asleep and is snoring and slumped over in her chair.
Of course I am supposed to be the picture of all that is solid.....

Well.....it comes time to fire the guns........"Ready.....aim....fire"!

When they shot the first volley....it scared Mrs Verdin so bad she slid out of her chair and hit the ground. And to my HOROR...her 8 year old great great grandson screams at the top of his little lungs...."...BEEP.... THEY DONE SHOT GRANDMA!"

Well. by now I am laughing so hard I am about to completely lose all composure.

Does it stop there? NO!

They fire the second volley..."BAM" the boys runs towards them screaming "STOP SHOOTING YOU ....BEEP..... are you trying to kill us all"!

By now me and the entire family are dying laughing....the honor guard has NO idea of what is going on...

I had tears running down my face trying so hard not to lose it while trying to fold the flag and present it to the family!

Oh my the things that happen in funerals.

Too funny!

NLYP
02-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I wish to the LORD I had a video camera!
I would have one first place!

Esther
02-15-2007, 09:33 AM
A lady that rides in my vanpool, has a brother that works at a funeral home near my home.

She said the worst experience he had was at a satanist funeral. Scared him to death, and I don't think he goes to church anywhere.