PDA

View Full Version : Job situation that needs the intervention of God

Tina
04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I won't get into all the details of how horrible this place is, etc-- but will say they have been working employees 12 hours a day 5 days a week and 8 hours on Saturday. They have announced today that they will now start working on Sundays for 8 hours, and that this is mandatory.

My mother needs this job for the insurance until October-- when her Social Security/Medicare will go into effect. My mother will retire in October. She has been employed by this place for about 9 years.

She said that she would let them fire her and go without insurance before letting that Job come before church attendance.

I know that God is able to intervene and work out this situation so that my mother doesn't have to work on Sundays and miss church.

Prayer for this situation is greatly appreciated.

ILG
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Praying! That somehow sounds downright illegal.

Pressing-On
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Tina,
I will keep that in my prayers. My husband is in the same situation. They are working 7/12's and he can't get off because he's running the job they are on.

He did make it to church on Sunday night which is a miracle, but Wednesday nights when he gets in he is just too tired. It's supposed to be this way until July, but I have a God.......

Falla39
04-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Tina,
I will keep that in my prayers. My husband is in the same situation. They are working 7/12's and he can't get off because he's running the job they are on.

He did make it to church on Sunday night which is a miracle, but Wednesday nights when he gets in he is just too tired. It's supposed to be this way until July, but I have a God.......

Is anything too hard for God!! Absolutely not!

Lord God, we ask You for divine intervention regarding Sis. Tina's mother's

job situation and also for Sis. Pressing-on's husband's job situation.

Lord, You see these situations and we would humbly ask that You make

a way where there seems to be no way. You who rolled back the Mighty

Red Sea when there was no other way out for Your children. We commit

these requests into Your Precious Hands, in Jesus Name!:happydance

Falla39

Ron
04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I won't get into all the details of how horrible this place is, etc-- but will say they have been working employees 12 hours a day 5 days a week and 8 hours on Saturday. They have announced today that they will now start working on Sundays for 8 hours, and that this is mandatory.

My mother needs this job for the insurance until October-- when her Social Security/Medicare will go into effect. My mother will retire in October. She has been employed by this place for about 9 years.

She said that she would let them fire her and go without insurance before letting that Job come before church attendance.

I know that God is able to intervene and work out this situation so that my mother doesn't have to work on Sundays and miss church.

Prayer for this situation is greatly appreciated.

Tina,

Praying for both situations and before I pray God is already onside as he doesn't want us to miss Church either.
Believing God for what he does best!:tiphat

Tina
04-18-2007, 05:32 AM
Praying! That somehow sounds downright illegal.

I thought it did too-- and did a lot of searching last night for information. It turns out that Tennessee is a right to work state. If an employer decides they want to run 7-- 24 hr per day shifts... they can make it mandatory that an employee work it or get fired for not working it. They can also terminate employment for any reason or no reason.

philjones
04-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Tina,

I am praying for heavenly intervention. God is able to make a way where there seemeth no way! He has also promised us sufficiency of Grace! May that sufficiency of grace abide with your mom and be her testimony in this trying situation!