PDA

View Full Version : 'Bama vs. Texas

tstew
01-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I figured we can discuss the game as things happen:

Terrible decision by Saban to fake the punt. I think that was all about him not wanting to be wrong about choosing to receive the kick versus deferring when they won the toss. He's lucky that the pass was intercepted and not just batted away so there was a turnover on downs at the line of scrimmage.

jfrog
01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I figured we can discuss the game as things happen:

Terrible decision by Saban to fake the punt. I think that was all about him not wanting to be wrong about choosing to receive the kick versus deferring when they won the toss. He's lucky that the pass was intercepted and not just batted away so there was a turnover on downs at the line of scrimmage.

Yea, I was suprised. I know Mccoy better get back on the field or it just might be field goals for texas all night.

rgcraig
01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I think I wish I were there - - no one is wearing a coat!
Roll Tide

tstew
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Yea, I was suprised. I know Mccoy better get back on the field or it just might be field goals for texas all night.

Them big SEC boys hit hard.

jfrog
01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Them big SEC boys hit hard.

lol, yea. I'm suprised they were running mccoy right at them.

Pressing-On
01-07-2010, 07:45 PM
The game is over without McCoy.

jfrog
01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
The game is over without McCoy.

I think he'll come back after the half

Pressing-On
01-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I think he'll come back after the half

It would be a real big bummer if he didn't. It wouldn't even be the full game we expected. It would be nothing.

rgcraig
01-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Wow bama!

tamor
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow bama!

They got it going on!!

Praxeas
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
McCoy is the texas offense. Without him they can't win

Pressing-On
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM

That's right, Prax. And all the Wow's for Alabama mean nothing. It's a dead game without McCoy. It means nothing now. Pointless. Oh well, so much for injury. That's just too bad.

jfrog
01-07-2010, 08:10 PM

yep, i'm still trying to figure out why they had him running at the middle and not going to the ground to avoid such big hits.

Praxeas
01-07-2010, 08:11 PM
That's right, Prax. And all the Wow's for Alabama mean nothing. It's a dead game without McCoy. It means nothing now. Pointless. Oh well, so much for injury. That's just too bad.
I agree and I feel really bad for that kid that took over. I doubt he ever expected to be in there.

Something else though about Bama....come on man! You got the best running back anywhere, let him run more.

And passing? Scrap the shotgun and go with play action

Praxeas
01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
yep, i'm still trying to figure out why they had him running at the middle and not going to the ground to avoid such big hits.
I said exactly that as he was running....dangerous and he ended up getting hurt

Pressing-On
01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
I agree and I feel really bad for that kid that took over. I doubt he ever expected to be in there.

Something else though about Bama....come on man! You got the best running back anywhere, let him run more.

And passing? Scrap the shotgun and go with play action

Yea, I feel sorry for him too. Maybe they are working the pain shots on McCoy. Maybe that's why they called his dad in.

Anyway, it will feel better losing without McCoy than with him. I can't consider it a full game without McCoy though. So an Alabama victory won't really mean anything. At least it won't to us.

ChTatum
01-07-2010, 08:24 PM
It will to me!

rgcraig
01-07-2010, 08:29 PM

Shouldn't have to depend on just ONE player to make the game mean something.

I understand the disappointment though.

Praxeas
01-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Now its the second string center

tamor
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Roll Tide!!!

ChTatum
01-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Congratulations to Texas and their fans, they played an awesome game! Nothing AT ALL of the true play is reflected in the score.

Pressing-On
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Congratulations to Texas and their fans, they played an awesome game! Nothing AT ALL of the true play is reflected in the score.

Sir, you are a gentleman. Thank you!

tamor
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM

Yes they did. It was a great game!

pastorrick1959
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
roll tide

rgcraig
01-08-2010, 10:09 AM
So sad.....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried."

Esther
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
So sad.....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried."

So sad when it was the day to be in the lime light as the saying goes. He practiced all year and played his heart out to get to the championship game.

rgcraig
01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
So sad when it was the day to be in the lime light as the saying goes. He practiced all year and played his heart out to get to the championship game.

His whole life.

It really is terrible.

Esther
01-08-2010, 10:22 AM
His whole life.

It really is terrible.

True.

Was this his senior year?

n david
01-11-2010, 06:17 AM
I wasn't able to see the game, but all this talk about 'Bama's win not meaning anything just because Colt wasn't in the game is ridiculous.

UT shouldn't have been in the National Championship game if that's the case. They had no business being #2 if they depended so much on ONE player. Teams competing in that game should be just that, a complete team. If the losers whine about the game not being the same without one player, then they really shouldn't have been playing for the title.

It was disappointing for sure to have Colt taken out of the game so early...I was looking forward to him get knocked around by the 'Bama D and seeing what Colt could do against a good defense, especially after choking against OU and NU. The freshman QB did a decent job of trying to get UT back in the game, but with a team so centered around one player, that was an impossible task.

Again, with or without Colt, 'Bama won the title ... and by beating better teams and having a tougher schedule than UT.

pelathais
01-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Alabama won fair and square, n david. In fact they were favored (I believe) going into the game with a healthy Colt McCoy on the UT side.

It's just the Colt McCoy thing is kind of an emotional story. A kid works real hard and then through no fault of his own he can't make a showing like he had hoped. This is why I don't like College football as much as the NFL. The sad stories are even sadder when they involve the younger kids.

Is it true that Alabama's McElroy hasn't lost a game since the 8th grade? He grew up in Texas (a sort of consolation prize for the Texans).

DividedThigh
01-11-2010, 08:53 AM
bama is number one, and texas oh well, lol

DividedThigh
01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
go bama

Pressing-On
01-11-2010, 09:19 AM
bama is number one, and texas oh well, lol

LOL!

We still played a good game with a freshman QB, DT! That means that the SEC is hyped and so was Alabama.

Hook 'em Horns!!!!!

n david
01-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Alabama thought they won going into halftime with Colt out of the game and UT going 1, 2, 3, punt. They were rolling until halftime, then they got lazy and thought the game was in hand and could have lost.

UT should be alright next year with the new QB. I think he may end up being better than McCoy. He seemed to do better as the game went on against 'Bama ... better than McCoy's done against good D's.

DividedThigh
01-11-2010, 11:11 AM
keep dreamin po that will keep you awake anyway in that little world you live in (texas)

Pressing-On
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
keep dreamin po that will keep you awake anyway in that little world you live in (texas)

LOL! Stop talking about it!!! I'm just getting over my depression. I cried for two days!!!! :tissue :toofunny

DividedThigh
01-11-2010, 12:33 PM
ok sis dont go psycho on us, lol

Pressing-On
01-11-2010, 12:52 PM
ok sis dont go psycho on us, lol

:toofunny

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry too if it happened to you! :sing

McCoy and Gilbert cried. I wanted to cry with them! Hook 'em Horns!!! :tissue

:toofunny

DividedThigh
01-12-2010, 10:15 AM
bunch of babies, suck it up, lol