PDA

View Full Version : What is in your library?

ILG
05-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I was going through my bookshelf, organizing and putting some books into a chest. I realized that I have about 100 Pentecostal Publishing House or otherwise related books. How many do you have?

(I thought I had a lot of Amish books but realize I only have 24.)

Digging4Truth
05-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I used to have lots of books but after so many moves and letting people borrow them I am down to just a few now.

I would have to go in the other room to make much of a list but some of my current favorites are....

Houses That Change The World by Wolfgang Simson
Square Foot Gardening
Month By Month Gardening In Louisiana
My newest and the one I am currently reading is Brother Blume's newest book Take A Bite Out Of Eternal Life
Where Do We Go From Here? by Ralph W Neighbor
Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola
Rethinking The Wineskin by Frank Viola

That's a start...

ILG
05-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I used to have lots of books but after so many moves and letting people borrow them I am down to just a few now.

I would have to go in the other room to make much of a list but some of my current favorites are....

Square Foot Gardening
My newest and the one I am currently reading is Brother Blume's newest book Take A Bite Out Of Eternal Life

That's a start...

Sounds like you like gardening. ;) I have a ton of other books too. Most of them are on religions/spirituality or relationships. I do have some other topics like gardening and cleaning and such.

ILG
05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Do you have any PPH books? I was just wondering how many people have?

crakjak
05-20-2007, 01:28 PM
I was going through my bookshelf, organizing and putting some books into a chest. I realized that I have about 100 Pentecostal Publishing House or otherwise related books. How many do you have?

I have hundreds of books, most I have read, collected over the last 36 years. I am currently reading two books by Philip Yancey_ "PRAYER" Does it make a difference? and "The Jesus I Never Knew". What are you reading currently? Two other books I am reading but at a slower pace is, "Repositioning Yourself" by T.D. Jakes, and then "God In Three What" by our own Chan.

I read about everything the PPH had to offer in my first 15 years of adult life, I have since then I have diversified a great deal.

ILG
05-20-2007, 01:31 PM
I have hundreds of books, most I have read, collected over the last 36 years. I am currently reading two books by Philip Yancey_ "PRAYER" Does it make a difference? and "The Jesus I Never Knew". What are you reading currently? Two other books I am reading but at a slower pace is, "Repositioning Yourself" by T.D. Jakes, and then "God In Three What" by our own Chan.

I read about everything the PPH had to offer in my first 15 years of adult life, I have since then I have diversified a great deal.

Right now I am reading "Inside the Minds of Unchurched Harry and Mary". I too have diversified quite a bit. I have a few on my list that are next.

HeavenlyOne
05-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I have the Prophecy Digest books from the 1980's.

They used to make for scary reading, but they are humorous books today!

Esther
05-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I have way too many to list.

I have a very large variety.

Rhoni
05-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Max Lucado books
Bible College Books
Social Work Books
Psychology Books
Devotional Books
Bibles in different translations
Madam Guyon
Men Who Won't Lead, and Women Who Won't Follow
The Unprivate Life of a Pastor's Wife
Dealing With Difficult People
Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
Little Gloria, Happy at Last
Having a Mary Spirit
Little Women
Little Men
Robert Frost's Book of Poetry
Short Stories

ReformedDave
05-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I have about 2K books.....mostly written by dead guys!

John Atkinson
05-21-2007, 06:13 PM

I used to have a bunch of books, but gave them away whe I realized they were mostly hogwash anyhow.

Now I am very selective. The last book I bought was "Adorning the Doctrine" by JR Ensey, and also the New Cyclopedic Theological Dictionary that Bro Ensey compiled.

Other than that...cookbooks. Never seen a cookbook steer ya wrong, unless it was one of them fad diet ones written by some short effeminate feller.....Grillen books are my favorite....

I also like Loius Lamour and Zane Grey ...shhhh

mfblume
05-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Several AWESOME books by

Watchman Nee,
Andrew Murray,
and Gene Edwards.

Also books by

Don Nori,
Madame Guyon,
Jessie Penn lewis,
Calvin Miller,
CS Lewis,
David Bernard,
Hank Hannegraaf,
RC Sproul,
Kenneth Gentry,
David Chilton,
John Bray

AGAPE
06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I have around 100 books as well that is put PPH

Nahum
06-05-2007, 09:08 AM
PPH Books? Let's see, I seem to have tons of them!

Otherwise, I have a rather large library. Favorites are anything by Arthur Pink, Tozer, Stephen Charnock and any Colonial period theologians. My two newest are manuscripts I have just completed! One is "If The Kings Could Speak", the other is an untitled commentary on the Book of Nehemiah.

I'm not into fiction nearly as much as I was as a young man, though I do love L'Amour.

Esther
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Just counted 112 in my reference section. That is all that will fit there. Some may be scattered elsewhere.

I would say I have well over a thousand books.

I have loaned many out that have lost their way home. :(

ILG
06-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Just counted 112 in my reference section. That is all that will fit there. Some may be scattered elsewhere.

I would say I have well over a thousand books.

I have loaned many out that have lost their way home. :(

I usually put my name in mine. That helps, but not always. ;)

Esther
06-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I usually put my name in mine. That helps, but not always. ;)

So do I.

And the majority I loaned to ministers. :(

Scott Hutchinson
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
At the moment I have quit reading much of anything but the bible.
There are some Biblical reference works I want to buy though.

KwaiQ
06-24-2007, 06:43 PM
30 or so from PPH or WAP in my library. Also have some on PDF including David Bernard's works.

Titus2Mom
07-14-2007, 08:28 AM

Square Foot Gardening

That's a start...

Your list sounds similar to mine....my current favorites:

Houses That Change The World by Wolfgang Simson (re-reading this one)
Prescription for Herbal Healing
Country Wisdom & Knowhow
5 acres and Independence
The Self-Reliant homestead
The Glorious Church by Huston & McKinley

Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola is actually a book I have on my list to get.

Titus2Mom
07-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I have 30 or so PPH-purchased books, several more from other Apostolic sources, several more that also forgot who owns them, even though I put my name in all my books too....

I use to have more, but I have donated books to the "church library" that I had either already read or didn't care for, and thought someone else might like them.

Titus2Mom
07-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Other than that...cookbooks. Never seen a cookbook steer ya wrong, unless it was one of them fad diet ones written by some short effeminate feller.....Grillen books are my favorite....
Oh NOW you are talking MY language!!!!!!!!!!! lol! I have LOTS of cookbooks and really have to refrain from purchasing more.

Pressing-On
07-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I have lots of Bible Study helps, decorating, gardening, cookbooks, set of World Book Encyclopedias (love them!), political books, the whole Louis L'Amour collection (lol), etc. Too many to name.

Do have quite a few PPH books.

ILG
07-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Your list sounds similar to mine....my current favorites:

Houses That Change The World by Wolfgang Simson (re-reading this one)
Prescription for Herbal Healing
Country Wisdom & Knowhow
5 acres and Independence
The Self-Reliant homestead
The Glorious Church by Huston & McKinley

Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola is actually a book I have on my list to get.

I have read a lot of homesteading books. That would be my dream...to homestead and actually be able to afford to enjoy it! :)

Coonskinner
07-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't really have all that many books.

RandyWayne
07-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm looking at a bookshelf right above my head and I see numerious books on Coral reefs, Reef (and marine) aquariums, biology, digital photography, photoshop, the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, See I told you So, more photography books, numerous magic books and plans for illusions (the big ones), and then a whole row of books on Oracle, Cisco, TCP/IP, Java, Linux, MS 2003 Server......
Then there is a whole nother row of medical books.

ILG
07-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't really have all that many books.

I have 4 bookcases full.....but 2 are full of books I am selling on the internet. ;)

ReformedDave
07-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I have an extensive library with about 3000 books. Most are Reformed and Puritan with a large amount of biographies and politcal books.

The only PPH books I have were written by my father.

Scott Hutchinson
07-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I love books but with a limited budget my book buying is limited.
I just a aquired The Standard Bible commentary revisited ,and The Life and Times of Jesus The Messiah by Alfred Edersheim from a local thrift shop.

Scott Hutchinson
07-15-2007, 01:19 PM
I love books but with a limited budget my book buying is limited.
I just a aquired The Standard Bible commentary revisited ,and The Life and Times of Jesus The Messiah by Alfred Edersheim from a local thrift shop.

I meant the standard Bible commentary revised.

AGAPE
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I have 4 bookcases full.....but 2 are full of books I am selling on the internet. ;)

anything good??

Disciple
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
I have a small library (about 200 books) but I also have the internet (just have to discern a little more than with the printed material). I heard an ol'-timer say one time 'when studying for your bible lessons (http://www.gospellight.com) be sure and read the Bible. It'll shed some light on all those commentaries!'

Sam
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
30 or so from PPH or WAP in my library. Also have some on PDF including David Bernard's works.

I have hundreds of books, don't really know how many.
Lots of them are from PPH or WAP.
I also have books from PPH on CD.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Jehovah-Jesus" by the late C.H. Yadon? It used to be distributed by the PPH. I had a copy many years ago but have no idea when or where it went. I've checked Amazon books and ebay every so often, also some site for hard to find books but no success.

missourimary
09-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I have four bookshelves, two boxes, and a few more books sitting around. (I could fill 5 bookcases easily.) About one bookcase is PPH. Two shelves are commentaries and Bibles. Almost one book case is other Christian non-fiction/self help, one shelf is a set of real encyclopedias, the boxes and a couple shelves are classics, and the rest are other fiction books.

Sam
09-08-2010, 10:59 PM

any PPH books that you are offering on the internet?

missourimary
09-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Sam, this is a really old thread... I think the original post was 2007.

ILG
09-09-2010, 09:49 AM
any PPH books that you are offering on the internet?

No. Sorry, I have all those tucked away on a bookshelf or in a chest. I have a feeling in about 20 years they will be very interesting to the UPC members. :) History has been revised since the merger, I suspect it will be even more interesting later on.

Scott Hutchinson
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I have a bunch of different bible translations,I have collected from various places here and there.

Sam
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Sam, this is a really old thread... I think the original post was 2007.

Oh, I didn't realize that.
I guess someone had posted on it and when I logged on to AFF it came up as a "new post."

pelathais
09-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I have every Marvel comic book ever published. In digital format.

Timmy
09-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Just arrived today: The Grand Design, by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mladinow.

Aquila
09-13-2010, 07:29 AM

I have buches of a little of everything. lol

Uncle Joe
03-02-2011, 08:28 AM

I have two, the "Oneness of God" by David Bernard and a "Sing Unto The Lord" hymnal.

missourimary
03-02-2011, 09:08 PM
About 57 that were either bought from PPH or were bought from another Oneness source. And about 25 more in .pdf format.

Jay
03-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I believe that I have nearly 1500 books at least. It has been a while since I last counted, and there have been some removed and others added.

I have all kinds of books on my shelves and in boxes, although I am getting rid of some. (God has been dealing with me about them for some time.)

Books in the library include, but are not limited to:

Hardy Boys (as many as I can get my very itchy fingers on)

Nancy Drew (I was interested in seening the difference between the two series)

Star Wars (More than 50 books, possibly the single largest collection of books in my library)

Star Trek (Fairly repitious after a while)

Al Lacy (I want to get every book in his different series, but I am many books short)

Louis La'Mour (I know that I misspelled the name)

David Bernard

Nona Freeman

J. R. Ensey

Larry Booker

Verbal Bean

I. H. Terry

And many many more.