PDA

View Full Version : Report From North Trip. Bro Alvear Jr.

Rev. Raul Alvear Jr
02-18-2007, 07:25 PM
BRAZIL IN FLAMES
APOSTOLIC MISSIONS
EMAIL=RAULJR26@UOL.COM.BR
CHURCH SITE= WWW.CATEDRALDOLOUVOR.COM.BR

Greetings in the saving Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thought I would give you a little update of how we are coming along here in Brazil.
Our travels throughout Brazil and especially this trip has been a tremendous blessing to many of God’s children.
Our first stop was in the state of Bahia for state convention and second year anniversary of our new temple. We were blessed to stay in the home of our pastor there. We had to rent and old truck to take us to visit two new works and another area where we are building a church in a village that has never had a Jesus name church before. Although we rode on the back of the truck through the tropical heat and rain we were so blessed to see how ‘God’s word is making its way even to the “unknown” places of our world.
In those areas we had several to receive the Holy Ghost.
We celebrated the first year of the “dream” church in Ceara. We baptized a new couple in Jesus Name and celebrated the first communion and foot washing service with the church. Twenty nine participated so we feel happy with the spiritual growth of the people.
On Sunday night we had around 120 people present with a group from another village of Assembly of God folks that understand the oneness of the Godhead and baptism in Jesus Name.
We also started the second church in that state in a little area called Muritialto We went and looked at lots and by faith we are going to buy a lot and build this 2nd brand new group of people a church. We found lots for 2000 dollars and believe the Lord to supply for these people who have no earthly means of even helping themselves. They are so poor but so happy that truth has reached into their village.
My brother Arlei is making his plans to move to a city in the middle of the jungle. He works with my folks but for some time he has felt this deep burden for that area of Brazil. He will be located around 38 hour drive from my folks going on up. There are no good holiness churches in that area of Brazil that we know about. Please remember him and his family in your prayers. I think dad and mom are going up there with him in January if they are able. He will be almost as far from them as I am in Campinas but in a complete different direction.
My other brothers Michael and Ednei and Dirlei will continue to help my folks. Michael and Ednei are doing a good work and both pastor local daughter works and Dirlei helps in their music department. My sister Becky and her husband also help in the northeast work.
I am very blessed by the example of my folks… They have given their all to the Lord. Oh! If I could be like them.
Our Camp group and tabernacle is coming along nice. We are now trying to raise 23 thousand dollars for the roof and we have almost half raised. We are believing the Lord for the rest and hope to have our convention there in 2007 if it be the will of the Lord. There are lots of things we will have to do but by faith I can see our people worshipping and praising the Lord without fear of people running us off!
2006 was a year that included several ministers’ retreats, seminars, building and enlarging of many churches, I am a debtor to the regions beyond. No, I cannot rest; I cannot go on endless shopping sprees while the world rushes on at an alarming pace to hell. I cannot enjoy tea parties and small talk when the most important urgent job that Jesus asked us to do remains mostly undone.
It was never intended that God’s people become too comfortable in this world. He had not even a place to lay His head?
Each prayer you pray, every dollar you give helps us reach into the sinister world of devil worship and Catholicism.
Thank you for being a part of this great endeavor in the land of Brazil. We are thankful for each soul here that has been brought out of idolatry. Without your help many that have been free would still be bound by the chains of darkness. Thank you for your help as we work bringing people from spiritual night into this glorious light.

Your Friends:

Brother Raul Jr and family
:bliss

Rev. Raul Alvear Jr
02-21-2007, 08:27 PM
We had a wouderful ladies conference we baptized 6 in Jesus name and around 15 received the Holy Ghost.... thank you so much for praying for us here in Brazil Bro Raul Alvear Jr.

ForeverBlessed
02-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Awesome report, thanks for sharing. I've read Sis. Alvear's post for several years and have prayed for the work in Brazil. What a beautiful example to follow.

I will continue to keep you all in prayer.

Many Blessings.

Rev. Raul Alvear Jr
02-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Thank you so much for the prayers... tonigh we will dedicated a new daughter work in the city of paulinia please pray for us.. that makes over 30 works just in campinas area... may God Bless you all. Bro Alvear Jr.:bliss