PDA

View Full Version : Navy using targets shaped like Muslim women

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Nice. We should all be proud

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/offensive-navy-seal-training-includes-shooting-at-targets-shaped-like-muslim-woman/

Cindy
10-26-2012, 06:45 PM
That looks photo shopped to me. So, I don't think it's true.

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Do they also use targets shaped like white men? Why wouldn't that be equally offensive?

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 06:55 PM
OK I understand that. However, it happened and it is what it is. Would you like more sources? You know me and I don't mess around LOL

http://rt.com/usa/news/navy-seals-target-muslim-430/

That looks photo shopped to me. So, I don't think it's true.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 06:58 PM
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-03/news/32527405_1_target-range-muslim-women-seal-teams

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 06:58 PM
http://hamptonroads.com/2012/06/group-criticizes-image-muslim-woman-seal-range

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 07:00 PM
I think it's silly to make them remove the targets. They should be using targets in every relevant shape imaginable.

Politically correct nonsense. :foottap

Would anyone be offended if it were a white woman wearing a baseball cap?

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Its a Norfolk, Va story. LOL we're in Tx. There's no photoshop going on here

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/06/fort-story-brings-home-combat-scenarios-seals

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Sounds good. Targets in any shape imaginable are fair then. "Spray and pray" mentality?

I think it's silly to make them remove the targets. They should be using targets in every relevant shape imaginable.

Cindy
10-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Sounds good. Targets in any shape imaginable are fair then. "Spray and pray" mentality?

Yes, as long as they are aiming a weapon.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 07:12 PM
<grin> did we decide these arent photoshopped?

Cindy
10-26-2012, 07:13 PM
<grin> did we decide these arent photoshopped?

No..:happydance

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 07:14 PM
LOL Cindy

They werent. I aint jumpin a texan over it either. Last time I went to a shooting range (couple weeks ago) they were still selling osama targets and I nailed them. I dont shoot at women though.

Dont forget to vote!

No..:happydance

tstew
10-26-2012, 07:21 PM
At first I thought you were just talking about generic pictures of Muslim women. In this context and with them armed, I can see the benefit of it. If they are doing some training that requires quick threat assessment, I think they need to train for every practical, conceivable threat.
What I don't understand is allowing pictures of it to get out. You have to know that will be inflammatory and will be used in all kind of propaganda to the detriment of our soldiers.

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 07:29 PM

No, WII; the idea is to look for any shape imaginable that is holding a weapon.

Real enemies on the field aren't going to look like this:

http://www.pstinc.org/Shooting_Target.jpg

Training like this is designed to teach the OPPOSITE of "spray and pray"; it teaches shooters to look for smaller differences and anomalies that spell "threat."

Monterrey
10-26-2012, 07:32 PM
They have targets shaped like black pears?

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Well now I used to work at a gun range when I was a kid and tagged a jillion targets that looked like that.

Put me on the target and dress me how you wish. Not my poor wife who is a "hijabi" and wouldnt know what to do with a gun.

Training like this is designed to teach the OPPOSITE of "spray and pray"; it teaches shooters to look for smaller differences and anomalies that spell "threat."

Cindy
10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
LOL Cindy

They werent. I aint jumpin a texan over it either. Last time I went to a shooting range (couple weeks ago) they were still selling osama targets and I nailed them. I dont shoot at women though.

Dont forget to vote!

:thumbsup

You might want to get over that not shooting at women thing. :D

Cindy

At my height I might just get em in the heart. :thumbsup

Walks_in_islam
Cant do that. Might be the death of me someday though LOL

:thumbsup

You might want to get over that not shooting at women thing. :D

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry, but it is ridiculous to oppose this because the target is female. Is it *just* that, or is it also that the target is wearing a "hijabi?"

Are you opposed to female targets in general? Or just Muslim ones? :coffee2

Cindy
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry, but it is ridiculous to oppose this because the target is female. Is it *just* that, or is it also that the target is wearing a "hijabi?"

I think he just opposes shooting at women.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Both. Thanks for asking. It bothers me somehow. Have some cream and sugar with that.

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Both. Thanks for asking. It bothers me somehow.

In fairness to the Navy SEALs, something being bothersome doesn't make it wrong or immoral.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm quite sure that if they were tagging bun-heads your feelings would change. That's just an idle opinion (speculation only) though.

In fairness to the Navy SEALs, something being bothersome doesn't make it wrong or immoral.

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm quite sure that if they were tagging bun-heads your feelings would change. That's just an idle opinion though.

You shouldn't be so sure of your opinions. :) I really couldn't care less if they put up a target of a Pentecostal woman holding an assault rifle.

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I think he just opposes shooting at women.

Unfortunately, the military can face a variety of threats; men, women, and even children with weapons. They have to be prepared to take them out if necessary.

I'm all for our military behaving with dignity and I was disgusted with the urinating on corpses, horrible posed pictures of prisoners, etc. This is not even remotely similar to that. This is training with a real purpose behind it. It's necessary and it's realistic. It's too bad that the politically correct nonsense suppresses common sense.

Hoovie
10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
In the future, I will reference and flag any threads in which I DISAGREE with MS Bratti. Unless I say otherwise I say "Yea and Amen" to all her posts.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Idle speculation only = not necessarily an opinion. Perhaps you should be less sure of yours.

Either way, this thing bothered me thus triggered a (rare) posted topic.

You shouldn't be so sure of your opinions. :) I really couldn't care less if they put up a target of a Pentecostal woman holding an assault rifle.

Cindy
10-26-2012, 08:01 PM
They have to practice with all kinds of targets, with and without weapons. Seconds count to save their lives as well as their buddies.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Looks like they wont practice with this one anymore. As said if its a religious thing put me on the target

Cindy
10-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Looks like they wont practice with this one anymore. As said if its a religious thing put me on the target

You think it's about their religion?

Cindy
10-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Or the Navy targeting their religion?

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 08:10 PM
In the future, I will reference and flag any threads in which I DISAGREE with MS Bratti. Unless I say otherwise I say "Yea and Amen" to all her posts.

:heeheehee

Idle speculation only = not necessarily an opinion. Perhaps you should be less sure of yours.

Either way, this thing bothered me thus triggered a (rare) posted topic.

Controversy = successful threads. People like me can't wait to tell you how wrong you are. :D And thus forum life goes on and on and on and on....

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes, Cindy, I do. Any picture can be on a target including the black one posted earlier. Dress it up and it's about the religion.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 08:11 PM
People like you are a dime a dozen <yawn>. You could always move on and let this thread die couldnt you

:heeheehee

Controversy = successful threads. People like me can't wait to tell you how wrong you are. :D And thus forum life goes on and on and on and on....

Cindy
10-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Yes, Cindy, I do. Any picture can be on a target including the black one posted earlier. Dress it up and it's about the religion.

Okay, if I thought it was about their religion I would be bothered. So the average Muslim woman doesn't dress that way?

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 08:23 PM

Hmmm. Is this woman a Baptist? :coffee2

http://www.bwim.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ReginaSullivan-1.jpg

Is it okay to use a target like this one?

Cindy
10-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Sometimes you scare me MissB. :D

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 08:28 PM

Whatevah do you mean? :heeheehee

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 08:31 PM
You know they do. So when you dress up the target it is about the religion and not target practice.

Okay, if I thought it was about their religion I would be bothered. So the average Muslim woman doesn't dress that way?

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 08:32 PM
But not me. As I said, dime a dozen.

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 08:34 PM
People like you are a dime a dozen <yawn>. You could always move on and let this thread die couldnt you

Tsk, tsk, WiI. No need to get nasty. :)

Do you want your thread to die?

Praxeas
10-26-2012, 08:38 PM
armed services like the military and the police used a variation of targets to test the shooters and train them to recognize a potential enemy OR a potential non- enemy.

Would you cry foul if they had a target of a white woman in Western garb holding a gun?

Cindy
10-26-2012, 08:40 PM
You know they do. So when you dress up the target it is about the religion and not target practice.

No Muslim woman is a threat?

Praxeas
10-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Well now I used to work at a gun range when I was a kid and tagged a jillion targets that looked like that.

Put me on the target and dress me how you wish. Not my poor wife who is a "hijabi" and wouldnt know what to do with a gun.
That tests only accuracy. It does not test other things like recognizing a potential enemy or a non enemy, while moving room to room or house to house.

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 08:43 PM

How does the average Afghan woman dress?

Praxeas
10-26-2012, 08:46 PM
"However, according to an earlier article by The Virginian-Pilot (http://hamptonroads.com/2012/06/fort-story-brings-home-combat-scenarios-seals), the training site includes everyday, real life situations taken from actual raids where SEALs had to quickly decipher between real threats and innocent civilians.

The new Navy facility is a 26,500-square-foot building with 52 interconnected spaces costing 11.5 million dollars and display markets, schools, bathrooms, bus stations and other common scenes from combat zones."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/03/muslim-women-in-hijab-as-target-training_n_1644460.html

Praxeas
10-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Why isn't it about Afghan women in their ever day dress? Is there another way they dress that does not appear religious?

Praxeas
10-26-2012, 08:48 PM
They should switch to a full Berka (spelling?) and just argue it's really just a man in disguise

tstew
10-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Also it is very likely (possibly undoubtably) that such exercises would include traditionally dressed Muslim women who were unarmed and to be treated as a non-threat. I'm sure that would be the purpose of such an exercise.

Walks_in_islam
10-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Boredom isn't nasty. It's only boredom. Do you to not be so sensitive.

Tsk, tsk, WiI. No need to get nasty. :)

Do you want your thread to die?

Praxeas
10-26-2012, 08:59 PM
BTW did Cairn protest the shooting of that little Pakistani girl by the Taliban? Or do they put cardboard women before real little girls?

MissBrattified
10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
armed services like the military and the police used a variation of targets to test the shooters and train them to recognize a potential enemy OR a potential non- enemy.

Would you cry foul if they had a target of a white woman in Western garb holding a gun?

What if it were this woman, dressed like a Baptist? :D

Monterrey
10-26-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm quite sure that if they were tagging bun-heads your feelings would change. That's just an idle opinion (speculation only) though.

Ooooooooooh

Cool beans WII!

So from now on, per your post, we will henceforth refer to them as...

BUN HEADS!

Walks_in_islam
10-27-2012, 07:25 AM
amigo - your excitement at your new discovery aside pentecostal bun-heads have been referred to as such for decades

Ooooooooooh

Cool beans WII!

So from now on, per your post, we will henceforth refer to them as...

BUN HEADS!

Walks_in_islam
10-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Anyway I needed this thread to make my point of "execution by being different" for another thread. Thank you admin for the useful material.

wii

StillStanding
10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Just saw this silly thread! Maybe the reason for this new target is because the Taliban and other terrorist organizations are using more and more woman in their raids and as suicidal bombers. The reason for this is a hesitation that soldiers naturally have to shoot a women who is a threat. This hesitation can cost them and their fellow soldiers their lives in a threatening situation.

If Pentecostal or Baptist women start carrying suicide bombs and blow up and kill as many people as possible, it would justify using their likeness as targets too! Just saying'!

hometown guy
10-27-2012, 01:42 PM

I would be offended if she was wearing a Giants hat :icecream

RandyWayne
10-27-2012, 02:08 PM
I would gladly use this target at the range.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/8e/e9/8ee9458b3669470588242e992cb89c86.jpg

Praxeas
10-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Will Cairn and other Muslims protest this?

CAIRO – The leader of Al Qaeda has urged Muslims to kidnap Westerners to exchange for imprisoned jihadists.

Ayman Al-Zawahri also urged support for Syria's uprising and called for the implementation of Islamic Shariah law in Egypt.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/10/27/al-qaida-leader-urges-kidnapping-westerners-to-exchange-for-jihadists/?test=latestnews#ixzz2AXeEfOBJ

Walks_in_islam
10-27-2012, 07:11 PM
I dont live in Cairo and I am not Egyptian. This thread is about Americans and how the people who represent us here and abroad conduct themselves.

The A in CAIR stands for American. When you put your name on a ballot and run things launch nukes at every foreigner who says something bad about you for all I care.

I was just idly documenting your excitement and support at the prospect of practicing to kill people from specific groups.

Will Cairn and other Muslims protest this?

CAIRO – The leader of Al Qaeda has urged Muslims to kidnap Westerners to exchange for imprisoned jihadists.

Ayman Al-Zawahri also urged support for Syria's uprising and called for the implementation of Islamic Shariah law in Egypt.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/10/27/al-qaida-leader-urges-kidnapping-westerners-to-exchange-for-jihadists/?test=latestnews#ixzz2AXeEfOBJ

Walks_in_islam
10-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I know you would.

Because you are a christian and you need this. Deep down inside this gives you the sense of security that your faith never can.

I would gladly use this target at the range.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/8e/e9/8ee9458b3669470588242e992cb89c86.jpg

Walks_in_islam
10-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Just looks like an accident waiting to happen to me. No threat / no worries.

What if it were this woman, dressed like a Baptist? :D

Praxeas
10-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I dont live in Cairo and I am not Egyptian. This thread is about Americans and how the people who represent us here and abroad conduct themselves.

The A in CAIR stands for American. When you put your name on a ballot and run things launch nukes at every foreigner who says something bad about you for all I care.

I was just idly documenting your excitement and support at the prospect of practicing to kill people from specific groups.
It's not just about Americans. Remember you said it was about religion, yours.

Walks_in_islam
10-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Yes. Locking and loading and aiming and firing at someone in religious dress is about religion.

We back to the church of england days? Inquisitions?

It's not just about Americans. Remember you said it was about religion, yours.

Monterrey
10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Not Inquisition, Crusade!

Coady
10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Re: Navy using targets shaped like Muslim women.
Not so bad. I would think the Taliban would prefer maybe a picture
of a man/woman's back. A young man that worked with me
along with five or six of his fellow soldiers were shot in the back
(ironically on their way to target practice near
Tora Bora) by an Afghanistani "plant" - all in the back.
I guess you could tailor the target to your modus operandi.

Praxeas
10-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Yes. Locking and loading and aiming and firing at someone in religious dress is about religion.

We back to the church of england days? Inquisitions?
No...we are in the days of Islamic violence. Fatwas. Killing Jews because they are Jews. Killing Americans because they are Americans...not because they are holding guns

The article shows a woman with a GUN

If we went to an Islamist training camp they'd probably have targets without weapons

Walks_in_islam
10-28-2012, 04:31 PM
<sigh> The crusades were ultimately a lost cause. Was anything learned from them? LOL

Not Inquisition, Crusade!

Walks_in_islam
10-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Welcome back. I missed tearing you up on this board. Thought you got banned.

Re: Navy using targets shaped like Muslim women.
Not so bad. I would think the Taliban would prefer maybe a picture
of a man/woman's back. A young man that worked with me
along with five or six of his fellow soldiers were shot in the back
(ironically on their way to target practice near
Tora Bora) by an Afghanistani "plant" - all in the back.
I guess you could tailor the target to your modus operandi.

Coady
10-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Wait! Don't shoot, you're mistaking me for someone else!
This reminds me of another guy that worked with us.
He wore one of those hi-visibility orange vests when
working on a project along the southern border. On the
back he had printed in huge black letters: SOMOS AMIGOS!

Praxeas
10-28-2012, 05:30 PM
He confused you with Coadie.

Monterrey
10-28-2012, 08:30 PM
<sigh> The crusades were ultimately a lost cause. Was anything learned from them? LOL

Not one thing, but there rarely is in war.

Monterrey
10-28-2012, 08:30 PM
He confused you with Coadie.

Coadie got banned?

layman316
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-03/news/32527405_1_target-range-muslim-women-seal-teams

I think this is a very clever technique. American men are programed from birth to respect and protect women. They might hesitate to fire on the target if they see her as a woman. This helps them differentiate between “a woman” and “a target,” and it will save the lives of American soldiers.

soopy
06-13-2013, 05:46 AM
...American men are programed from birth to respect and protect women...hmm, one might ask why Muslim women seem to have so much more dignity then.

soopy
06-13-2013, 05:47 AM
my list of Islamic exotic dancers is...nonexistant.

Walks_in_islam
06-14-2013, 04:57 AM
I think this is a very clever technique. American men are programed from birth to respect and protect women. They might hesitate to fire on the target if they see her as a woman. This helps them differentiate between “a woman” and “a target,” and it will save the lives of American soldiers.

(laughing) "programmed from birth to respect and protect women?"

You do understand how stupid that sounds. Who do you think you're talking to and don't insult me by assuming that I am also stupid.

In 2006, five U.S. troops from a six-man unit gang raped and killed a 14-year-old girl in a village near the town of Al-Mahmudiyah, Iraq. After the rape the girl was shot in her head and the lower part of her body, from her stomach down to her feet, was set on fire

1995 study of female war veterans found that 90 percent had been sexually harassed. A 2003 survey found that 30 percent of female vets said they were raped in the military and a 2004 study of veterans who were seeking help for post-traumatic stress disorder found that 71 percent of the women said they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving

According to new numbers released today by the Department of Defense, there were 26,000 cases of military sexual assault in 2012, a 34.5 percent increase from 2011; the number of victims believed not to be reporting their attacks skyrocketed to 92 percent.

Here's some cool video of victims testifying before congress, dated March, 2013

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57574021/military-sexual-assault-victims-testify-before-congress/

SO: You can stick that "programmed from birth" theory right back where you pulled it from

Summary: They're simply practicing to recognize and shoot Muslim women.

soopy
06-14-2013, 05:20 AM
(laughing) "programmed from birth to respect and protect women?"

You do understand how stupid that sounds...actually, they probably do not. I apologize for my compats, W in I; we use to have Russkies, and they were great enemies, being mostly atheist--but, like all imaginary enemies, they wouldn't shoot at us, etc, and after spending all those $$$billions cranking out nukes and building all those bomb shelters, we just have to have somewhere to point them...ha and this is supposedly the christians, you should go debate the higher ups, they'll probably give you money and pretend they are your friends first at least.

Walks_in_islam
06-14-2013, 06:17 AM
actually, they probably do not. I apologize for my compats, W in I; we use to have Russkies, and they were great enemies, being mostly atheist--but, like all imaginary enemies, they wouldn't shoot at us, etc, and after spending all those $$$billions cranking out nukes and building all those bomb shelters, we just have to have somewhere to point them...ha and this is supposedly the christians, you should go debate the higher ups, they'll probably give you money and pretend they are your friends first at least.

I can't imagine that could happen!

PS: Russians were allies when is counted - WWI and WWII. Just sayin' that maybe they didnt really earn getting nukes pointed at them.

Reagan and the Taliban were buds and Rumsfield and Saddam were buds. It's pretty ominous if the "christian white" offers to be buds with people..

Good way to end up as a photo on a playing card

soopy
06-14-2013, 06:56 AM
I can't imagine that could happen!

PS: Russians were allies when is counted - WWI and WWII. Just sayin' that maybe they didnt really earn getting nukes pointed at them.

Reagan and the Taliban were buds and Rumsfield and Saddam were buds. It's pretty ominous if the "christian white" offers to be buds with people..

Good way to end up as a photo on a playing card:lol exactly

Walks_in_islam
06-14-2013, 05:52 PM
You don't really have to do anything wrong to be declared an enemy LOL. Justification for locking up and siezing the property of Japanese-Americans during WWII: The "disturbing and confirming indication" that they did nothing but look Japanese

"That Japan is allied with Germany and Italy in this struggle is not ground for assuming that any Japanese, barred from assimilation by convention as he is, though born and raised in the United States, will not turn against this nation when the final test of loyalty comes. It, therefore, follows that along the vital Pacific Coast over 112,000 potential enemies, of Japanese extraction, are at large today. There are indications that these were organized and ready for concerted action at a favorable opportunity. The very fact that no sabotage has taken place to date is a disturbing and confirming indication that such action will be taken "