PDA

View Full Version : The Grace of God

TheWordOfKnowl
03-30-2014, 07:16 AM
If God is your Father,
you do not have to accept the grace of God.
You are born with it.

justlookin
03-30-2014, 10:29 AM
If God is your Father,
you do not have to accept the grace of God.
You are born with it.

Interesting. Does this mean that God can never be anything but our Father and we will always have His grace? From the moment of conception? Or before?

Aquila
04-03-2014, 11:44 AM
In my mind this ties into divine election. While theologians may disagree with various interpretations of divine election, I'm talking about the notion that God, our Father, has chosen an elect remnant from mankind from eternity past; choosing the elect, not based upon any merit or decision they would make (because without His election and grace they'd never choose Him), but rather choosing them out of pure love and desire to demonstrate His grace and power to His own glory.

If God has done this, then yes... God's intention towards His elect children has been grace from before time. Life is simply God working on us and bringing us into the realization of our election and the relationship He desires to have with us.

justlookin
04-03-2014, 11:48 AM
In my mind this ties into divine election. While theologians may disagree with various interpretations of divine election, I'm talking about the notion that God, our Father, has chosen an elect remnant from mankind from eternity past; choosing the elect, not based upon any merit or decision they would make (because without His election and grace they'd never choose Him), but rather choosing them out of pure love and desire to demonstrate His grace and power to His own glory.

If God has done this, then yes... God's intention towards His elect children has been grace from before time. Life is simply God working on us and bringing us into the realization of our election and the relationship He desires to have with us.

Jumpin' John Calvin!!

Eph 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love
Eph 1:5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

Rev 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

:thumbsup

CJManzell
04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Interesting. Does this mean that God can never be anything but our Father and we will always have His grace? From the moment of conception? Or before?
It means you do not comprehend what they said.

justlookin
04-08-2014, 08:48 PM
It means you do not comprehend what they said.

Oh snap!!!

Mind explaining it?

Luke
04-09-2014, 11:21 AM

If predestination is true then why did Jesus die?

Sarrah
04-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Biggest thing here is to rightly divide the word...( Paraphrased) It is not the will of God that any man should perish but that all would come to repentance...As well as knowing that GOD is Omniscient ( All knowing ), Also from the beginning with Adam and Eve there was the CHOICE to obey or not to obey tested by the Tree of Knowlege of Good and Evil, there is also scripture that says, I am Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End...So God is not in time as we are...He is time, could it be that Jesus is now living in time with us in glory, here now with us and with Abraham all at the same time...just saying that HE is not even slightly to be compared to the existence that we live in, so much Bigger than we can even minutely can imagine

Robert Sanders
04-12-2014, 07:04 AM
The Spirit of Grace

Robert Sanders
04-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Biggest thing here is to rightly divide the word...
What do you mean by rightly divide the word? Please explain?

Monterrey
04-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm

Sounds a lot like universalism also.

CJManzell
05-14-2014, 07:20 PM
Biggest thing here is to rightly divide the word...( Paraphrased) It is not the will of God that any man should perish but that all would come to repentance...As well as knowing that GOD is Omniscient ( All knowing ), Also from the beginning with Adam and Eve there was the CHOICE to obey or not to obey tested by the Tree of Knowlege of Good and Evil, there is also scripture that says, I am Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End...So God is not in time as we are...He is time, could it be that Jesus is now living in time with us in glory, here now with us and with Abraham all at the same time...just saying that HE is not even slightly to be compared to the existence that we live in, so much Bigger than we can even minutely can imagine

What do you mean by rightly divide the word? Please explain?