PDA

View Full Version : Brief Intro

Ronnie G
01-12-2021, 04:22 PM
I managed to join some time ago, and then seemed to have login problems that essentially had me just say, "meh."

Then, the national Zeitgeist went sideways. So here I am, looking for at least a degree of cohesive expressions of faith, and the underpinning New Birth in Acts.

I am an entertainer, musician and writer. I'll not lay out my entire life here now, because this is a huge forum. Perhaps it will become relevant during a discussion. I only mention this at all, for the following reasons.

I have made, and maintained longtime conversant friendships relationships with names in the music business, who, may not agree with my worldviews or faith, but certainly ask me about it in the oddest of ways. The state of the world has even rock stars losing sleep. I'll not go into names, because it doesn't matter. I'm not a preacher. I'm barely holding it together myself. And yet, my phone rings, because they are as human as you and I, and Jesus died for them as well. In fact, I contend that God has given people like them an ability to sense how bad it really is. They've seen the entire world over and over and over. It isn't the same world now, and they know it. And I'm possibly the only Apostolic any of these people have known, which isn't saying much--I am just me.

But anyway. I look forward to the back and forth. Jesus is the entirety of why I am here. Drawing closer to him is my entire goal.

KeptByTheWord
01-12-2021, 05:02 PM
Welcome Ronnie! Look forward to seeing your opinion here on the forum :)

Ronnie G
01-12-2021, 06:24 PM
Welcome Ronnie! Look forward to seeing your opinion here on the forum :)

Thank you kindly!

Michael The Disciple
01-13-2021, 10:08 AM
Welcome Ronnie!

Ronnie G
01-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Welcome Ronnie!

Thank you. I have read your posts for quite a while. I certainly enjoy the back and forths in here.

Ronnie G
01-17-2021, 10:07 AM
Duplicate post.

MawMaw
01-20-2021, 06:11 PM
Hello and welcome Ronnie! :)

Esaias
01-22-2021, 10:19 PM
The music industry is certainly undergoing big changes.

navygoat1998
01-23-2021, 07:57 AM
I managed to join some time ago, and then seemed to have login problems that essentially had me just say, "meh."

Then, the national Zeitgeist went sideways. So here I am, looking for at least a degree of cohesive expressions of faith, and the underpinning New Birth in Acts.

I am an entertainer, musician and writer. I'll not lay out my entire life here now, because this is a huge forum. Perhaps it will become relevant during a discussion. I only mention this at all, for the following reasons.

I have made, and maintained longtime conversant friendships relationships with names in the music business, who, may not agree with my worldviews or faith, but certainly ask me about it in the oddest of ways. The state of the world has even rock stars losing sleep. I'll not go into names, because it doesn't matter. I'm not a preacher. I'm barely holding it together myself. And yet, my phone rings, because they are as human as you and I, and Jesus died for them as well. In fact, I contend that God has given people like them an ability to sense how bad it really is. They've seen the entire world over and over and over. It isn't the same world now, and they know it. And I'm possibly the only Apostolic any of these people have known, which isn't saying much--I am just me.

But anyway. I look forward to the back and forth. Jesus is the entirety of why I am here. Drawing closer to him is my entire goal.

Welcome Ronnie!

Ronnie G
01-23-2021, 09:38 AM
The music industry is certainly undergoing big changes.

One of my good friends currently sings for Trans-Siberian Orchestra. He is a vocalist of the highest order.

Since the lockdown, touring stopped, and his primary band (not TSO) is dormant.

He is now making “collaboration” videos (crossing the aisle with other members of well-posted bands), and monetizing the YouTube account.

He’s also teaching voice in a local high school.

What’s interesting is, he would be on the road opening for Guns & Roses at this very moment. Yet, he is expressing a sort of contentment with the current moment.

We have, of course talked about God in this (I do what I can when I can.)
These days definitely open doors that would normally not be.

But the industry is definitely changing. And so are the opportunities to proclaim.

Sister Alvear
01-23-2021, 05:15 PM
Welcome Ronnie