PDA

View Full Version : Another TBN Mega Pastor in a Scandal!!!

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Anyone ever Hear of Zachery Tims ? pastor's a 10,000 member mega church in Orlando.

He's connected with Paula and randy white - calls randy his "covering".

also, a regular host of TBN.

read all about it here !

http://www.tboforums.com/index.php/forums/...thread/3045/P0/

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I got an error when I tried to open it

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Read the comment in under this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUAgYtZTvs8

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
try this
http://www.tboforums.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3045/

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:29 AM
ummm i'm having trouble pasting the link - can someone help me ?

Elizabeth
10-23-2007, 11:33 AM
ummm i'm having trouble pasting the link - can someone help me ?

What are you trying to do? Post the url or the website?

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:35 AM
What are you trying to do? Post the url or the website?

Yes- having trouble posting the link to the webiste where they are discussing this- can you help?

Elizabeth
10-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes- having trouble posting the link to the webiste where they are discussing this- can you help?

I think so!

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Seriously Thad does that surprise you?!?!? Anymore I am not one bit shocked by anything that comes out of tbn... NOTHING! Its become an embarrasment to the christian world and yet there are those who still go around defending all of this as if it is ok... wake up... adultery, stealing, lying (in both manners of the word) they are all what seems to be the happening thing around there.... Its just sick! And people want Apostolics to broadcast on there ROFL!!! That will seriously be a sad day... When those who have a good clean name are counted as a part of that mess!

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
In a nut shell, apparently this is not the first time this pastor has had affairs on his wife according to these reports.

This time though, allegedlly she has left him. This time, accrding to this report, he was seeing a white woman. this woman sent a video to the wife of them having an affair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, he takes a sabadical for 6 months BUT NOW! he is going to shorten the sabadical and will be back in the pulpit in november!! WHY I WONDER!

according to another discusion group, she also found out that he had a love child in NY???

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
* * THIS FROM A MEMBER * * Rumor not (And it’s not a rumor), I’m beginning to see this whole thing is not about righteousness but “business”. There is no remorse. Tims has to keep the money coming in. That means more to him than being right with God and the people he pastors. He has to continue to pay for television program, his home, and finance his ego. I can’t imagine a true man of God using church finances to fly his mistress to Europe (several cities in Europe and even to Orlando) for their rendezvous. All the while the sheep are innocently being fleeced. This is what we’ve come to in the church. He has to come back to the pulpit in order to breech the financial damage and try to repair his broken image. I’m sure the TBN folks and the Charisma Magazine folks have gotten wind of this also.

There is a very hurt lady on this forum who can tell you all you need to know about his infidelities. And she is just one of several. When and if she decides to reveal more, she will. Every wolf among the flock that’s posing as a shepherd should be exposed.

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:45 AM
***ANOTHER MEMBER***I am a mbr of NDCC, and all the rumors are TRUE.. My pastor has sat himself down, however he just
last week said that after a 21 day fast that he is calling he will return to the pulpit. I was sickened by
this news. First, why after his repentance is he calling a corporate church fast? I feel that his calling of a 12 hour day (6a-6p) fast, this will remove the dark cloud around his sexual sins in his marriage.
I have been a member since 1999, and this came as such a shock. I feel lost, I have over the years
heard so many people tell me, your pastor is a fake, he is only concerned about money.. And like any child how beliefs in their parents, I defended him. And for him to stand before me and say what
he said, I was floored. My question is how do i recovery? I am praying for God to restore my faith
in the church. Over the last years, as a single woman, I have listened to my pastor preach about
women in the church remaining holy.. I have been saved, single and kept. I looked to him and Pastor
Riva as a picture of the marriage and family that I was believing God for.. And now this..
The enemy began to play on my mind and tell me, “see, you been listening to that man, and he
is not even practicing what he preaches”. Today is Sundays and I cant bring myself to go to NDCC, although, I am listening to our on-line broadcast and he has brought in a Bishop Owens to preach today.. Please PRAY FOR ME, please pray that I can regain my footing, and find my way. Whether it
be back to NDCC, or somewhere else, I don’t want to go back to my sinful ways and use Sunday as day to do chores.. I need to be in church and I cant allow this scandal to cause me to change what I know is right. God is Good all the time and he is the real joy, I just need to get back on track. My my strength in the Lord!

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Seriously Thad does that surprise you?!?!? Anymore I am not one bit shocked by anything that comes out of tbn... NOTHING! Its become an embarrasment to the christian world and yet there are those who still go around defending all of this as if it is ok... wake up... adultery, stealing, lying (in both manners of the word) they are all what seems to be the happening thing around there.... Its just sick! And people want Apostolics to broadcast on there ROFL!!! That will seriously be a sad day... When those who have a good clean name are counted as a part of that mess!

O my! that was a bit harsh!! tell us what you really think Amaz. grace!

Elizabeth
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
try this
http://www.tboforums.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3045/

Is this it?

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Is this it?

YES!!!! PRAISE THE LOOOORD!!!

How'd you do it ???

what was wrong with my link????

OKAY FOLKS, THERE IT IS! Read it for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seguidordejesus
10-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe Thad's just stoopid with technology!! :D:D:D:D:D

Thad
10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
READ THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!
Read this...

I am amazed how this rumor has traveled across town the way that it has without being in the news. Orlando in many ways is still a small town and I am convinced that preachers (like most church people) are the biggest gossips.

I’ve read other blog postings about this subject that have said that Tims would use his pulpit to call out other pastors that have fallen into sexual sin. While he certainly has preached against such pastors in general terms, I have not heard him name any particular name.

He said he was being “covered” by Randy & Paula White, who was being “covered” by Bishop Jakes. That’s the problem with these mega-pastors. They make these “covering” connections for political reasons. Can you really imagine Zachery calling Randy and saying “I’ve fallen into sexual sin and don’t know what to do”??!! It will never happen.
Tims has done what appears to be the right thing in sitting down. However, I was there in September when he made the announcement and had Harold Ray preaching ain his place. I was also there this past Sunday when he announced that he’s preaching again starting the beginning of next month. I’m not sure what is enough time, but I sense its too soon. I can’t tell why, but I sense its too soon.

It’s killing him to be in this position. However, he placed himself there.

The church has only a couple strong ministers, but the problem has always been that Tims is so controlling and guarded about them preaching too much (so it seems to me). The church will struggle financially because of its a cult of personality. They just bought even more property adjacent to the church. It’s going to be a rough ride for the church financially as they sort through this mess.

He’s not native to Orlando. The question is while things fall apart, will he have the character to stay and help pick up the pieces? Yes, there is the financial mess, but there is also a human standpoint. There are 7,000 members, not to mention all those that looked to him as a leader.

Pastor Tims - Do the right thing. Rebuild your church on Jesus and not on church personalities. Sell off the property (if you need to) to get debt-free and into a financial position to rebuild without beating up on your remaining members. You created this mess. Fix it with the help of Jesus. He will help you and exalt you if you are sincere.

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM
O my! that was a bit harsh!! tell us what you really think Amaz. grace!

I think I summed it up pretty good there didnt I? Now wouldnt you just love to know how I really feel about this!!! HAHAHA :ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny:snapout:thebunny

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
I think I summed it up pretty good there didnt I? Now wouldnt you just love to know how I really feel about this!!! HAHAHA :ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny:snapout:thebunny

you mean there's more to how you feel or was that it ?
Did that sum ALL it up ?

Ferd
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Thad, tell your friends that attend these churches that their pastors need to resign and start selling used cars or insurance.

They have made a mess of ministry.

These guys are the one Jesus warned about Wolves in sheeps clothing.
Better a rock be tied around their necks and they cast into the ocean than be in their shoes when they face God!

Rev Dooley
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
...Pastor Tims - Do the right thing. Rebuild your church on Jesus and not on church personalities. Sell off the property (if you need to) to get debt-free and into a financial position to rebuild without beating up on your remaining members. You created this mess. Fix it with the help of Jesus. He will help you and exalt you if you are sincere.That would be a great thing if he would do it and throw away the belief of this world which he teaches.
Having heard him "preach", he comes across as more concerned about himself than anyone else.

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
That would be a great thing if he would do it and throw away the belief of this world which he teaches.
Having heard him "preach", he comes across as more concerned about himself than anyone else.

could you elaborate on this ??

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
you mean there's more to how you feel or was that it ?
Did that sum ALL it up ?

Thad, people come on here and defend these "preachers" and then the next day another one messes up and another one.. and they just keep on pretending that everything is ok... Sad part is.. it has as much to do with the person as it does the lifestyle... I was laughing this morning because someone said and I said the money cometh thing.. well to some who are living the lifestyle of TBN and all its goonies... thats all it is to them.. Money cometh! Well one day they are gonna mess up and its gonna be money goeth.. to the lawyers, to the mistresses, to the people who they pay off to hide the stupidity they get themselves involved in,,, its becoming very evident that these people are selling out for the love of money and forgetting why they are in this thing...

Preach truth and forget about all the prosperity mumbo jumbo and start living for God and not for themselves, its not about how much you have its about how many you win for the kingdom!!!

Michlow
10-23-2007, 12:19 PM

To be fair, there seem to be just as many scandals among Apostolic preachers, as among TBN preachers...

Ferd
10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Thad, people come on here and defend these "preachers" and then the next day another one messes up and another one.. and they just keep on pretending that everything is ok... Sad part is.. it has as much to do with the person as it does the lifestyle... I was laughing this morning because someone said and I said the money cometh thing.. well to some who are living the lifestyle of TBN and all its goonies... thats all it is to them.. Money cometh! Well one day they are gonna mess up and its gonna be money goeth.. to the lawyers, to the mistresses, to the people who they pay off to hide the stupidity they get themselves involved in,,, its becoming very evident that these people are selling out for the love of money and forgetting why they are in this thing...

Preach truth and forget about all the prosperity mumbo jumbo and start living for God and not for themselves, its not about how much you have its about how many you win for the kingdom!!!

is the word sycophant?

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
To be fair, there seem to be just as many scandals among Apostolic preachers, as among TBN preachers...

Not really, not active apostolic pastors... and yea some make mistakes but at least we dont all pretend that they are perfect... We know there are wrongs within our belief system... but to pump them up and pretend they are perfect is another story all together!

Kutless
10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Not really, not active apostolic pastors... and yea some make mistakes but at least we dont all pretend that they are perfect... We know there are wrongs within our belief system... but to pump them up and pretend they are perfect is another story all together!I think I would have to disagree with that all together. Broad brushing

In fact I know different.

Rev Dooley
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
could you elaborate on this ??From what I have heard from he, he is just another "feel good" preacher like so many out there.
If all we want is to feel good about ourselves, then all we have is itching ears.
I don't want "feel Good" preaching. I want salvational preaching.

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:26 PM

O MY!! Now that will come across as Judgmental to many !!!!

Where's Rhoni???

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
From what I have heard from he, he is just another "feel good" preacher like so many out there.
If all we want is to feel good about ourselves, then all we have is itching ears.
I don't want "feel Good" preaching. I want salvational preaching.

wow! so where did you hear Sachery Tims?

where you apart of his church ??

Ferd
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

O MY!! Now that will come across as Judgmental to many !!!!

Where's Rhoni???

seems to me like good judgement.

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I remember one time on here someone saying something similar and then being told that they should pretty much just go on and be poor and live their life then... its not like that and anyone who knows anything knows if you do whats right God will make the difference. Prosperity is in living for him and walking in His ways and being obedient to His word and living a holy and Godly life. It is then that those other things will fall into place... there will be happiness there will be prosperity and there will be favor in God... Some think that its all about the money and work the rest out later.

Rev Dooley
10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
wow! so where did you hear Sachery Tims?

where you apart of his church ??I listened to some of his preaching online on a few blogs. I would not go hear him after listening to him online.
Like, totally not interested.

Kutless
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
From what I have heard from he, he is just another "feel good" preacher like so many out there.
I don't want "feel Good" preaching. I want salvational preaching.salvation preching make you feel bad????

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh and on the judgemental part... maybe so... my sister is bringing me lunch.. I havent eaten in 2 days hardly... I might be nicer later LOL....:thebunny

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I listened to some of his preaching online on a few blogs. I would not go hear him after listening to him online.
Like, totally not interested.

Exactly. I have listened too and its just the same ole same ole with nothing to it... makes ya feel good for a minute and then poof!

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
salvation preching make you feel bad????

I think they are referring to the Properity doctrine, all about money??

correct me if i'm wrong

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Exactly. I have listened too and its just the same ole same ole with nothing to it... makes ya feel good for a minute and then poof!

LOL!!!! Poof,uh?? funny

now go have lunch!

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I remember one time on here someone saying something similar and then being told that they should pretty much just go on and be poor and live their life then... its not like that and anyone who knows anything knows if you do whats right God will make the difference. Prosperity is in living for him and walking in His ways and being obedient to His word and living a holy and Godly life. It is then that those other things will fall into place... there will be happiness there will be prosperity and there will be favor in God... Some think that its all about the money and work the rest out later.

Who said that ?????????????

revrandy
10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Seems like something I said awhile back is coming true...

I think we will see many more TBN personalities soon fall from grace....sad...

but you can only go so far on talent only...

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Who said that ?????????????

I dont remember I am looking for it right now...Think it might have been on the old forum but I remember it clearly...

Steve Epley
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I have never heard of him?

Jack Shephard
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
I saw earlier this year preaching at a Conference for Steve Fender that was broadcast on Daystar. Jessie Duplantis was there too. ZT did a good job preaching about the HG though it was different than the norm.

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I have never heard of him?

maybe someone can find their church link ?

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Seems like something I said awhile back is coming true...

I think we will see many more TBN personalities soon fall from grace....sad...

but you can only go so far on talent only...

anyone specific randy ?

Jack Shephard
10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
maybe someone can find their church link ?

http://www.ndcc.tv/destiny_main.asp?ID=2

Thad
10-23-2007, 12:48 PM
http://www.ndcc.tv/destiny_main.asp?ID=2

So is Zach Tims someone you follow personally?

revrandy
10-23-2007, 01:07 PM
anyone specific randy ?

No Names....But I think we will hear more and more about the Hierarchy of the System over there....you can only expect so much from these folks in Show business.....

Look for it... but it seems that these folks have learned from their forefathers (Bakker & Swaggart) on how to handle damage control...with some of the delusional posts we've seen here it seems to work...

Thad
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
No Names....But I think we will hear more and more about the Hierarchy of the System over there....you can only expect so much from these folks in Show business.....

Look for it... but it seems that these folks have learned from their forefathers (Bakker & Swaggart) on how to handle damage control...with some of the delusional posts we've seen here it seems to work...

you seem to have a personal Vendetta against TBN randy

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 01:11 PM

Why should one not? With the distruction they and the ministers they allow on there have caused why shouldnt one who believes truth have a vendetta against them????

Arent we to go and do those things which are right? Striving to be like HIM NOTTTTTTTT like the world????

revrandy
10-23-2007, 01:13 PM

I will always have a personal vendetta against false doctrines and false teachers the Bible speaks of these folks...

2 Peter 2
1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

Thad
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
You and AG are in Trouble!!!! BIG TROUBLE!!!!!

I'm telling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :reaction:reaction:reaction:reaction:reaction:reac tion

tamor
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
You and AG are in Trouble!!!! BIG TROUBLE!!!!!

I'm telling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :reaction:reaction:reaction:reaction:reaction:reac tion

Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters?

:runhills:runhills

AmazingGrace
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters?

:runhills:runhills

Thats what I was wonderin!!! LOL:shockamoo:shockamoo

Theresa
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
is this him?

http://www.ndcc.tv/images/greysuite.jpg

Jack Shephard
10-23-2007, 01:54 PM
So is Zach Tims someone you follow personally?

I follow him as far as watch him on TV. But I do not know him personally.

Jack Shephard
10-23-2007, 01:56 PM
is this him?

http://www.ndcc.tv/images/greysuite.jpg

That it is him. He is known as the Will Smith look alike.

Sandra
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Its so funny this thread says another TBN preacher, Zachay Tims is on Daystar, BET, INSP. and many other networks.
This is a sad story, I've sung for Zachary many times so sad how the devil is attacking marriages. I am praying for his family.
I've been in prayer for them for several months, this is not just hot off the press.

revrandy
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Its so funny this thread says another TBN preacher, Zachay Tims is on Daystar, BET, INSP. and many other networks.
This is a sad story, I've sung for Zachary many times so sad how the devil is attacking marriages. I am praying for his family.
I've been in prayer for them for several months, this is not just hot off the press.

I don't think the devil has much to do with it... it's more man's (womans) carnality...than the devil...sad....

rgcraig
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't think the devil has much to do with it... it's more man's (womans) carnality...than the devil...sad....

You are exactly right! It's called SIN - -- not the devil.

Sandra
10-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Ya know , he does, The devil is seeking whom he may devour.
The devil has alot to do with SIN.

Sandra
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Should we start a list of UPC pastors who have fallen into sin with women.
I know of about 4 or 5 that have not been exposed. Its not just TV preachers , its happening everywhere. Its very sad.

revrandy
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I know of about 4 or 5 that have not been exposed. Its not just TV preachers , its happening everywhere. Its very sad.

It seems you know alot...

SecretWarrior
10-23-2007, 03:14 PM

Who cares about these Little backwood,barefoot preachers :pirate

they're are not important! in fact, they are just "Jealous" :hypercoffee

Sandra
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
It seems you know alot...

I wish I didn't. I don't post everything I know.

rgcraig
10-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I wish I didn't. I don't post everything I know.

and we hope that you don't - -

It is SIN and it is everywhere.........

Sandra
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
and we hope that you don't - -

It is SIN and it is everywhere.........

Amen , haven't chatted with you in awhile:D

rgcraig
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Amen , haven't chatted woth you in awhile:D

Nope we haven't - - I've been busy with kids getting married and engaged!!!!

Esther
10-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Ya know , he does, The devil is seeking whom he may devour.
The devil has alot to do with SIN.

I agree!

LaVonne
10-23-2007, 05:55 PM
You are exactly right! It's called SIN - -- not the devil.

Amen!

hartmann
10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
its a shame, all of it is.

it doesnt matter if your upc, indep. tv. none tv. all human it could happen to anyone if they give into the flesh and are not close to God like they should be.
money, power and women can mess you uppppp, if your not prayed up.
this applies to ALL.

GodsBabyGirl
10-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Thad, tell your friends that attend these churches that their pastors need to resign and start selling used cars or insurance.

They have made a mess of ministry.

These guys are the one Jesus warned about Wolves in sheeps clothing.
Better a rock be tied around their necks and they cast into the ocean than be in their shoes when they face God!

AMEN!!!!!

FRINGE_NUTTER
10-25-2007, 06:09 PM

:iagree

papapraiz
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
This is very sad and painful. He has a beautiful wife and children.

I do feel for badly for everyone involved.

ThePastorsCoach
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
It is sad when any Christian falls and it is even sadder when a Man or Woman of God has led people and yields to the flesh and commits immorality.

This happens in every single movement and church. It is sad but yes - it happens in Apostolic Churches and Ultra - Conservative Churches just the same as it does in ministries that you see on TV. We should pray for these Pastors and leaders, Churches and members that God will minister to them and bring them to their senses and deliver them in Jesus Name!

We could all write books of people in the Apostolic Movement that fell and ruined their lives so don't be so hard on the high profile TV Preachers! You should thank GOD that the media did not get ahold of some of the main leaders that have messed up in horrible immorality in the UPC and the OP movement. I happens everywhere and in every movement. It is a very sad thing.

Steve Epley
10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
It is sad when any Christian falls and it is even sadder when a Man or Woman of God has led people and yields to the flesh and commits immorality.

This happens in every single movement and church. It is sad but yes - it happens in Apostolic Churches and Ultra - Conservative Churches just the same as it does in ministries that you see on TV. We should pray for these Pastors and leaders, Churches and members that God will minister to them and bring them to their senses and deliver them in Jesus Name!

We could all write books of people in the Apostolic Movement that fell and ruined their lives so don't be so hard on the high profile TV Preachers! You should thank GOD that the media did not get ahold of some of the main leaders that have messed up in horrible immorality in the UPC and the OP movement. I happens everywhere and in every movement. It is a very sad thing.

Flesh is flesh and no one is exempt. Only a dedicated life with much care and watching will keep the flesh down.

ThePastorsCoach
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Flesh is flesh and no one is exempt. Only a dedicated life with much care and watching will keep the flesh down.

This is so true and more than anything - I want to make it and I want my family to be saved.

Darryl
10-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I spent about 3 hours with Zachery a few months ago. He is a really nice guy. This is sad.