PDA

View Full Version : **Mangun's spotted at LSU game Last Night**

SecretWarrior
11-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Pastor Anthony and Micky Mangun were allegedly spotted at the LSU game last night (La. Vs. Ark. state) in Baton Rouge.

Micky is originally from Arkansas

comments ?

(Just for you friend :) )

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I bet Micky was thrilled with the score!!!!

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Pastor Anthony and Micky Mangun were allegedly spotted at the LSU game last night (La. Vs. Ark. state) in Baton Rouge.

comments ?

My goodness, is this a Tabloid or what??

Joseph Miller
11-24-2007, 12:40 PM

comments ?

Well, it ain't a sin to go to a ball game.

StillStanding
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
What is a preacher doing having fun????? :eek:

Hoovie
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM

Yer slippin pal. first the red cap and the holly and now such heresy!

Thad
11-24-2007, 12:45 PM

Isn't it in the Manual that a UPC Preacher is not allowed to go to organized sporting events ??
Just asking - i know it says something in there ...

Joseph Miller
11-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Yer slippin pal. first the red cap and the holly and now such heresy!

LAWD help me. :stirpot

StillStanding
11-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Sin't it in the Manual that a UPC Preacher is not allowed to go to organized sporting events ??

Someone need to write a resolution reversing that too! :D

Praxeas
11-24-2007, 12:48 PM

comments ?

Oh good grief...when will you LSU fans stop looking for excuses as to why you lost to the HOGS of Arkansas? It was not because God was unhappy a Pentecostal preacher went to a worldly game. Face it folks...the razrbacks had your number that day :ursofunny

triumphant1
11-24-2007, 12:53 PM

comments ?

My comment is this:

Since the Manguns were named....let's have the name of those that claim to have seen them....

Level the playing feild on this rumor stuff...

Give it up...let's know who it is that is trying to bring some controversy to the mangun's lives...that way we can investigate them and bring up some controversy about them.....

Joseph Miller
11-24-2007, 01:09 PM
My comment is this:

Since the Manguns were named....let's have the name of those that claim to have seen them....

Give it up...let's know who it is that is trying to bring some controversy to the mangun's lives...that way we can investigate them and bring up some controversy about them.....

I agree. Let's level the field. Who was there to see them?

Thad
11-24-2007, 01:12 PM
My comment is this:

aren't we just a little cross today

Joseph Miller
11-24-2007, 01:12 PM
My comment is this:

aren't we just a little cross today

No it is only fair.

Thad
11-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Isn't it in the Manual that a UPC Preacher is not allowed to go to organized sporting events ??

**BUMP ***

chseeads
11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah, whoever was there that seen em should be broadcast too.... :p

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
**BUMP ***

Why go there?? If anyone followed everything in the manual no one would ever even go to six flags...

IAintMovin
11-24-2007, 01:36 PM
My comment is this:

I totally agree with you on this one T1.............but the kind that love to spread stuff and not "fess up" to it are the kind that want no one "diggin in their stuff"...........good post.........

anapko
11-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Why go there?? If anyone followed everything in the manual no one would ever even go to six flags...

Almost to the point of what James said in his epistle, " guilty of one point, guilty of it all "! Good point PG!

Thad
11-24-2007, 02:02 PM

well don't you preachers sign a pledge to do just that ???

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 02:12 PM

Real quick; When that goofy affirmation statement went out the first time, it was sent with a cover letter by N.A. Urshan, reminding all of us that each church is autonomous... That gives each church some latitude... If it is within reason, the org. is basically going to leave you alone...

which is why nothing happens to a preacher when they preach against women preachers at their home church, when the org. is for them...

which is why nothing happens when a preacher preaches no divorce or remarriage under any circumstance to his congregation, which the org is for, with adultery..

which is why nothing happens when a pastor says it's ok for his people to play organized sports, go to ball games, and more.......

with each church being autonomous, the pastor has the latitude to set some things for his church even if the don't line up all the way with the org.. (again within reason)

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Oh good grief...when will you LSU fans stop looking for excuses as to why you lost to the HOGS of Arkansas? It was not because God was unhappy a Pentecostal preacher went to a worldly game. Face it folks...the razrbacks had your number that day :ursofunny

LOLOLOL!!!! :bliss:hanky:ursofunny:bliss

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 02:20 PM

Or Branson, or...........that was my thoughts exactly!

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 02:23 PM

The manual is pretty out of date... Even several HQ employees go to Branson events and even have times shares there... It needs to be revamped..

Thad
11-24-2007, 02:24 PM

OR LAS VEGAS!!! DO you know how many church folk AND Preachers go the Sin City ????? You'll Always find buns and skirts there !!!!!!

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 02:26 PM
The manual is pretty out of date... Even several HQ employees go to Branson events and even have times shares there... It needs to be revamped..
You are right - my SIL sells condos to many of them!

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 02:26 PM
OR LAS VEGAS!!! DO you know how many church folk AND Preachers go the Sin City ????? You'll Always find buns and skirts there !!!!!!

I have seen many there and Lake Tahoe... they are everywhere!!!

Thad
11-24-2007, 02:45 PM
*** THIS QUOTE FROM THE MANUAL ***

We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and Godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing, women cutting their hair, make-up, any apparel that immodestly exposes the body, all worldly sports and amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church.

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 02:49 PM

We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and Godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing, women cutting their hair, make-up, any apparel that immodestly exposes the body, all worldly sports and amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church.

.don't forget this too.

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I am aware of what it says... Surely you can see a lot of things that could be included in all of the worldy sport and amusements... (the interpretations of just those two points vary greatly around the fellowship) And music ect...... It is rediculous yet bearable because of each church being autonomous...

Thad
11-24-2007, 02:52 PM
don't forget this too.

I know of no one who breaks the rule on radio programs- what radio programs are off limits other than worldly music ??

many within the UPC disagree even on so called "christian music"

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Thad, go ask your pastor if he follows everything in the manual just as it says... Some are harder some are softer, but IMO few if any, follow it to the T..

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I know of no one who breaks the rule on radio programs- what radio programs are off limits other than worldly music ??

many within the UPC disagree even on so called "christian music"

My point is that you just highlighted wordly sports, but left off the rest of the wording. There are FEW that don't believe in amusement parks and it's listed, so why pick on someone that goes to a ballgame?

Thad
11-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Thad, go ask your pastor if he follows everything in the manual just as it says... Some are harder some are softer, but IMO few if any, follow it to the T..

O I believe he does

Thad
11-24-2007, 02:57 PM
My point is that you just highlighted wordly sports, but left off the rest of the wording. There are FEW that don't believe in amusement parks and it's listed, so why pick on someone that goes to a ballgame?

I highlighted it because that is the topic at hand

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 02:58 PM
O I believe he does

to borrow a phrase from you

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I highlighted it because that is the topic at hand
Well, the topic at hand is inconsistent - - that's my point!

Thad
11-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

well whatever

touch him today LOrd

Thad
11-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, the topic at hand is inconsistent - - that's my point!

touch her too Lord- may CONVICTION rest upon her soul !!

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 03:02 PM

But you spelled it right!!! :ursofunny

SoCaliUPC
11-24-2007, 03:38 PM

comments ?

Good for them!

Pastor G
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Good for them!

Amen, if they were there I am glad they got to go...

triumphant1
11-24-2007, 04:35 PM
I totally agree with you on this one T1.............but the kind that love to spread stuff and not "fess up" to it are the kind that want no one "diggin in their stuff"...........good post.........

Thanks fro....I just get sick of all of this stuff about "someone said" with no accountability. If someone is going to say something about someone...those who are being criticized should have the right to know who their accusers are...Just my opinion (JMO)...

AmazingGrace
11-24-2007, 04:40 PM

comments ?

And this matters why? I know many pastors wives who have been to games and pastors too... They are fun! Oh wait I forgot some dont believe in fun!!!!:christmasjig

triumphant1
11-24-2007, 04:42 PM

comments ?

Oh yes and BTW....there is nothing wrong with them going to the game (if they did go) so I don't know why someone would even care....

AmazingGrace
11-24-2007, 04:43 PM
O I believe he does

Question. Do yall have an amusement park nearby there? And if so has your church youth group ever went? Or young singles? Just curious???

triumphant1
11-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Question. Do yall have an amusement park nearby there? And if so has your church youth group ever went? Or young singles? Just curious???

Just ask him about the California UPC and Magic Mountain (six flags)...I am sure Thad has played some music there on several occasions....:bliss

TRIPLE E
11-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Depends on your definition of Organized sports!
To me the Olympics would be organized sports.

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 04:52 PM
There's no story here - - I doubt he was "hiding" going to the game.

What's sad is things that some (ministers and saints alike) will do hoping they don't get caught!

AmazingGrace
11-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Just ask him about the California UPC and Magic Mountain (six flags)...I am sure Thad has played some music there on several occasions....:bliss

I am not ganging up on Thad. I am just saying if you go to any of that might as well mark it as participating and its not all bad. The manual is so outdated it is unreal

AmazingGrace
11-24-2007, 04:55 PM

What's sad is things that some (ministers and saints alike) will do hoping they don't get caught!

I dont think he cared if anyone saw him there if he was. I know many who wouldnt/ shouldnt! Its a ball game for cryin out loud!

dizzyde
11-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Well, I highly doubt the Manguns care whether or not they were seen at a football game, I'm fairly certain my pastor is a few shades more conservative than they are, and our youth group goes to professional baseball games on a regular basis. As a sanctioned youth event. And amusement parks have NEVER been preached about, when we had a Christian school (years ago), our end of the year event was going to an amusement park. Also, as it has already been mentioned, the WD has held a district youth event, sponsored by the youth dept., at a CA amusement park (Magic Mountain) for quite a few years now.

IAintMovin
11-24-2007, 05:43 PM

:hanky

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 05:44 PM
:hanky

Feeling the spirit up in here? :bliss

Thank ya Jeysus!

vrblackwell
11-24-2007, 05:50 PM
**BUMP ***

No Thad, it does not say that in the manual. I am jealous, if I were home I would have been there as well. My family was all there.

Scott Hutchinson
11-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I hope The Manguns had a good time at the game.

rgcraig
11-24-2007, 05:55 PM
No Thad, it does not say that in the manual. I am jealous, if I were home I would have been there as well. My family was all there.Careful there.....that one's mentioned in the Bible, not the AOF - :ursofunny

chaotic_resolve
11-24-2007, 05:58 PM
So who's the stone thrower, or the one who allegedly saw the Mangun's at the football game? And how is it this person(s) knew they were there w/out being there also. Is it a pastor or another minister you're getting the info from?

C'mon . . . who's the source?

I heard Elvis was sighted at the game, too, but like I'd really believe that.

timlan2057
11-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Okay.

I'll step up to the plate.

I don't doubt Anthony and Mickey were at the LSU game.

I saw Anthony last year at the Cajundome in Lafayette when Peabody High School from Alexandria played Washington-Marion High from Lake Charles in the state 4A basketball championship.

So he obviously goes to sports events.

Theophil
11-24-2007, 06:30 PM

Hopefully, I pray, not for long.

Theophil
11-24-2007, 06:32 PM

Amen!:yourock

Tawanda
11-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Hopefully, I pray, not for long.

Your name sounds like a disease.

Theophil
11-24-2007, 06:36 PM
A disease you have?

Tawanda
11-24-2007, 06:38 PM
A disease you have?

Brother that was insulting. I didn't say nothing bads about you.

Theophil
11-24-2007, 06:41 PM
No insult intended, sis. I just thought you might need prayer...HHHEEEAAALLLL>

Tawanda
11-24-2007, 06:45 PM
No insult intended, sis. I just thought you might need prayer...HHHEEEAAALLLL>

Maybe you need prayer hhheeeeaaaalllling of the manners.

Theophil
11-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Your name sounds like a disease.

Manners?

LaGirl
11-24-2007, 07:01 PM
I think it is great if they went....ONLY if they were cheering for LSU!!! :tease

LaGirl
11-24-2007, 07:05 PM

:heeheehee:killinme

CC1
11-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I think among many moderate or liberal UPCer's sporting events and movies are a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing.

Jann
11-24-2007, 07:57 PM
WORLDLY AMUSEMENT????

There was NOTHING amusing about the LSU loss to Arkansas.
So, the Manguns are safe!

AmazingGrace
11-24-2007, 08:02 PM
WORLDLY AMUSEMENT????

:jolly:jolly

Theophil
11-24-2007, 08:03 PM
WORLDLY AMUSEMENT????

True dat.

Monkeyman
11-24-2007, 08:05 PM
WORLDLY AMUSEMENT????

So, the Manguns are safe!A-HEM...I was extremely AMUSED!!!!! Of course, I am a USC fan so I'm pretty down too

PastorD
11-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Could be funny if tomorrow he was just too sore-troated to preach. Those people would think he had lost voice in prayer!:bliss

Sam
11-25-2007, 09:57 AM

When the word "theaters" is mentioned, does it mean the theaters where music/dancing/comedy is performed at Branson, OpryLand, Six Flags, etc.?

Hesetmefree238
11-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Still no mention of the source of this rumor? If they went, I hope they had a
good time. Oh, and by the way, doesn't Proverbs say, "Where there is no
talebearer strife ceaseth."

Sandra
11-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Still no mention of the source of this rumor? If they went, I hope they had a
good time. Oh, and by the way, doesn't Proverbs say, "Where there is no
talebearer strife ceaseth."

My husband was at the LSU game , he heard they were there but didn't see them.

vrblackwell
11-25-2007, 02:36 PM
When the word "theaters" is mentioned, does it mean the theaters where music/dancing/comedy is performed at Branson, OpryLand, Six Flags, etc.?

Sam they were not engaging in any sport. They were watching. Big difference.

philjones
11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
My husband was at the LSU game , he heard they were there but didn't see them.

Surprising with only 92,000+ in attendance! LOL

:shockamoo:shockamoo

mizpeh
11-25-2007, 02:59 PM

I don't see a big difference. Can you explain what the difference is?

Truthseeker
11-25-2007, 04:18 PM
The thing with ball games is all the worldly music and dancing, kinda like a big outside party. can one go and not be tainted??

Thad
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
they've been seen on more than one accasion so not a big deal as far as whether it's true if they attend

Thadisdaman
11-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I dont believe the manual states sporting events. I think it states worldy amusements. So in that case do not go to disneyland, Magic Mtn., Bowling, Golfing, skiing, hunting, local fair and the list goes on and on. GO DODGERS!

Thad
11-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I dont believe the manual states sporting events. I think it states worldy amusements. So in that case do not go to disneyland, Magic Mtn., Bowling, Golfing, skiing, hunting, local fair and the list goes on and on. GO DODGERS!

I remember years ago Disney was off limits til i was about 10 yrs old.
a few still do not allow it but not many. even some ultra cans allow it.

Golfing use to be a sin too- i remember my father believed that it was worldly. i respected the fact that he never wavered on anything.

Hunting and fishing have never been off limits for ANY churches.

The Giants,Oakland riaders are better teams (down right now) and don't you ever forget that EVER

Thadisdaman
11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Thad is will take you to a dodgers vs giants game. But since Emory is leaving are you going to be able to fellowship the UPCErs:hanky

Thad
11-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Thad is will take you to a dodgers vs giants game. But since Emory is leaving are you going to be able to fellowship the UPCErs:hanky

Bro Emory is not leaving :hanky

with the exception of the Lakers, the Bay Area has always had better teams overall than socal.

put that in your pipe and SMOKE IT !!!!!:ursofunny

Thadisdaman
11-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I know he is not leaving just messin with ya. :bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble

Thad
11-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I know he is not leaving just messin with ya. :bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble:bubble

Go to your Room young Man !!!!!

vrblackwell
11-25-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't see a big difference. Can you explain what the difference is?

To engage in or to indulge in you would have to be on the field plying. Watching sports, reading the paper or web articles about sports, talking about sports and such is not actual engagement of the sport.

By watching are reading about sports, you are engaging or indulging in watching and reading.

In order to engage or indulge in sports, one must be on the field playing. Quite simple.:bubble

commonsense
11-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I remember years ago Disney was off limits til i was about 10 yrs old.
a few still do not allow it but not many. even some ultra cans allow it.

Golfing use to be a sin too- i remember my father believed that it was worldly. i respected the fact that he never wavered on anything.

Hunting and fishing have never been off limits for ANY churches.

The Giants,Oakland riaders are better teams (down right now) and don't you ever forget that EVER

The times they be a changin...
I remember golf being wrong; my dad always said it was a rich man's sport.
I can remember my mom telling us they preached against radio
programs.
There's a church I know of that stopped letting their youth group go to a popular amusement park because of the skimpy clothing they would be subjected to . Does this mean they never leave the house? go to the mall,the zoo, even school...

Hesetmefree238
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
The thing with ball games is all the worldly music and dancing, kinda like a big outside party. can one go and not be tainted??

I've never felt tainted at a college game. I will admit that I have mixed feelings about attending any more NBA games due to the cheerleader
dance squads. That should bother any redblooded man.

anapko
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Well, they could have been using that stadium for a prayer meeting! It could happen!

Hoped they enjoyed the game!:hanky

Pastor G
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I've never felt tainted at a college game. I will admit that I have mixed feelings about attending any more NBA games due to the cheerleader

wow what team do you go see... there is so much going on in our arena i don't even notice the dancers

Sam
11-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Quoted from the Manual

"We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and Godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing, women cutting their hair, make-up, any apparel that immodestly exposes the body, all worldly sports and amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church."

Pastor G
11-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post

"We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and Godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing, women cutting their hair, make-up, any apparel that immodestly exposes the body, all worldly sports and amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church."

SInce each church is autonomous, as you look around the country people use their own interpretation of that word and more... which is fine..IMO

AmazingGrace
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM
The times they be a changin...
I remember golf being wrong; my dad always said it was a rich man's sport.
I can remember my mom telling us they preached against radio
programs.
There's a church I know of that stopped letting their youth group go to a popular amusement park because of the skimpy clothing they would be subjected to . Does this mean they never leave the house? go to the mall,the zoo, even school...

NO NO NO... see... thats why they are going to uniforms in school... so all us apostolics can go out in public now!!! :)

Hesetmefree238
11-26-2007, 07:28 PM
wow what team do you go see... there is so much going on in our arena i don't even notice the dancers

The only NBA game that I have attended was at FedEx Forum, the home of
the Memphis Grizzlies.

Truthseeker
11-26-2007, 07:34 PM

Consider this, how can we watch something unlawful for us to do oursleves. Like would you wear a tank top and shorts?

PastorD
11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Why is there a difference in watching a 'live' play at the theater versus a recorded one (movie) at the theater?

CC1
11-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Why is there a difference in watching a 'live' play at the theater versus a recorded one (movie) at the theater?

There isn't. I remember as a young teenager being raised in a conservative UPC church that the young people in the church discovered that the local High School had a great drama department and put on some great shows during the school year.

After a few unofficial group outings to these productions word came down from the pastor that we could no longer go. Bummer!!!

anapko
11-26-2007, 08:26 PM

I never could figure out that one either. My daughter got a call from the son of a prominenet pastor in our state. He told her that he and his family ( prominent pastor, wife and kids ) spent their Christmas holiday in New York attending Broadway plays and finally climaxing with the apple coming down on New Years Eve. All during the year movies, tv and such are decried as evil, but, I can't find where they got the revelation that " live " theater was ok to attend. It's the same as the " conservative " pastor who is against everything, but, will go scuba diving with a group of pastors in the Carribean! Huh?! What's up with that?

Scott Hutchinson
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I watched Amazing Grace at home ,but I rented it from the Movie Gallery,am I bad or what ?

Sam
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I watched Amazing Grace at home ,but I rented it from the Movie Gallery,am I bad or what ?

A group of us "seniors" will be viewing Amazing Grace at our church Tuesday Dec 11th. We will also be enjoying some food and some fellowship and probably praying for one another.

Pastor G
11-26-2007, 09:23 PM

How dare you go there!!! I remember at GC in San Antonio, the IMAX, which somehow is acceptable, was playing a movie and many went... I remember in Branson at a Bible Quiz Final, Spiderman II, I think was playing at the IMAX and many went because it is ok for there... So I guess it is ok on a small screen, 80 inches and under... And it is ok on a huge screen 3 stories and larger, but I guess that middle sized screen is just of the devil...

PastorD
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
How dare you go there!!! I remember at GC in San Antonio, the IMAX, which somehow is acceptable, was playing a movie and many went... I remember in Branson at a Bible Quiz Final, Spiderman II, I think was playing at the IMAX and many went because it is ok for there... So I guess it is ok on a small screen, 80 inches and under... And it is ok on a huge screen 3 stories and larger, but I guess that middle sized screen is just of the devil...

:stirpot:stirpot:stirpot

I see another thread beginning!

CC1
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM

Hmmmmmm.....my screen is 92" in my High Def Home Theater. I have a feeling I am in that inbetween size that condems me to hell.

Pastor G
11-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Hmmmmmm.....my screen is 92" in my High Def Home Theater. I have a feeling I am in that inbetween size that condems me to hell.

Be thou condemned this instant!!!:tease

Joseph Miller
11-26-2007, 11:59 PM

I just preached for a VERY conservative pastor. (3 weeks I might add. We had awesome revival. We focused on what unified us and not our differences. hmmm....I guess that keeps him out of the UC club:stirpot) Anyway, we went to an IMAX. It was great show. I enjoyed it. I can't understand why he thought it was ok to go there but when I later mentioned we go see a movie at the cinamark 8 he thought it would be a sin.

commonsense
11-27-2007, 12:09 AM
:ursofunnyConsider this, how can we watch something unlawful for us to do oursleves. Like would you wear a tank top and shorts?

As an fyi, 15+ yrs ago the son of a DS played HS basketball, and yes!!!, wore shorts and tank top.
My daughter was in the pep band and since she played, I attended to see her play and also saw the UPC lad play basketball. It wasn't an issue for me but obviously not everyone would have approved. I think it was rather hush, hush. But he did get his pix on the sports page once!!:ursofunny

Sam
11-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I just preached for a VERY conservative pastor. (3 weeks I might add. We had awesome revival. We focused on what unified us and not our differences. hmmm....I guess that keeps him out of the UC club:stirpot) Anyway, we went to an IMAX. It was great show. I enjoyed it. I can't understand why he thought it was ok to go there but when I later mentioned we go see a movie at the cinamark 8 he thought it would be a sin.

That just shows how we each have our own individual ideas of what is right and what is wrong.

Having one's own "convictions" is great but when you start judging others by what you feel as an individual, is (in my opinion) wrong. This would fall into the Romans 14 area where one is judging another for partaking, or conversely, for not partaking, in what you feel comfortable with.

I remember one lady who was part of a Bible Study Group in which I was involved back when I was working for GE. I remember her telling about how she felt OK wearing small, plain earrings but did not feel right wearing larger or more ornate ones.