Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The D.A.'s Office (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity, (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=28450)

DAII 01-17-2010 11:40 AM

DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Apostolic Unity and admitting: "We have the Message. We have the Experience but the world doesn't even know we exist".

It begins. Or continues ... depending on who you speak to ...

http://www.homemissionsdivision.com/...lt.asp?MID=484

The AI agenda, that is.

Pressing-On 01-17-2010 11:59 AM

Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Oh my goodness, guess what? Hardly anyone I know cares what you think about anything. DKB loves God and is more Apostolic in one skin cell than you are in your entire body frame. Just sayin'....... :D

Lord, I see I need to totally take a break. You are most annoying, like a horse fly. Have fun on AFF, Danny Boy. You have a platform. :thumbsup

Timmy 01-17-2010 01:27 PM

I will always be more annoying than Danny boy! :lol

RevDWW 01-17-2010 01:53 PM

There's nothing wrong with having an identity is there DA? You have an identity here of AFF and elsewhere. The problem comes in when Loving one another is not the major/main ingredient of that identity.

DAII 01-17-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevDWW (Post 866582)
There's nothing wrong with having an identity is there DA? You have an identity here of AFF and elsewhere. The problem comes in when Loving one another is not the major/main ingredient of that identity.

DWW ... I fear AI has become synonymous mostly with dress code holiness as is evident by some the recent literature and talking points... and not Christ's words ... to his disciples ... that they will know you when you love one another.

RevDWW 01-17-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 866583)
DWW ... I fear AI has become synonymous mostly with dress code holiness as is evident by some the recent literature and talking points... and not Christ's words ... to his disciples ... that they will know you when you love one another.

No need for you to fear DAII!!!! That mean ole UPCI wouldn't rub off on you......:ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny

By the way I do agree that not matter how holy one might consider their standards if they ain't exhibiting love one for another they're as wrong as two boys kissing!

Jesus went so far as to teach that we're not to just love our neighbor bt we are to love our enemy.

TJJJ 01-17-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevDWW (Post 866584)
No need for you to fear DAII!!!! That mean ole UPCI wouldn't rub off on you......:ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny

By the way I do agree that not matter how holy one might consider their standards if they ain't exhibiting love one for another they're as wrong as two boys kissing!
Jesus went so far as to teach that we're not to just love our neighbor bt we are to love our enemy.

Epleys Back!!!!!

Whoo hoo! Epleys back!

DAII 01-17-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevDWW (Post 866584)

I agree .... DWW .... I think you get the exposure DKB says is sorely missing when love is at the center ... but when the strategy is maintaining a "look" and making it salvific and separatist ... the strategy will remain ineffective.

What's the benefit of monopolizing the Message and Experience when admittedly there is NO EXPOSURE after 60 plus years?

If one believes your paradigm is the restoration of the 1st century Apostolic church then WHAT IS GOING ON?

The first century church and the generations that followed were filled with power and proclaimed the Gospel message with boldness ... but most importantly turned the world as we know it UPSIDE DOWN and were very much front and center ... changing their world as we know it with the Gospel of Jesus Christ ... conquering it with love.

One has to wonder what the problem is if the present model of MAINTAIN, MAINTAIN, MAINTAIN ... has led to our world admittedly to NOT KNOWING YOU.

1st century APOSTOLIC IDENTITY was evident, known, and exposed .... to the world.

Would appear the gates of hell are prevailing ... as long as the focus is a "remnant" outlook.

RevDWW 01-17-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 866587)
I agree .... DWW .... I think you get the exposure DKB says is sorely missing when love is at the center ... but when the strategy is maintaining a "look" and making it salvific and separatist ... the strategy will remain ineffective.

What's the benefit of monopolizing the Message and Experience when admittedly there is NO EXPOSURE after 60 plus years?

If one believes your paradigm is the restoration of the 1st century Apostolic church then WHAT IS GOING ON?

The first century church and the next generations were filled with power and proclaimed the Gospel message with boldness ... but most importantly turned the world as we know it UPSIDE DOWN and were very much front and center ... changing their world as we know it.

One has to wonder what the problem is if the present model of MAINTAIN, MAINTAIN, MAINTAIN ... has led to our world admittedly to NOT KNOWING YOU.

1st century APOSTOLIC IDENTITY was evident, evident, exposed ....

Evidently........:nod

RevDWW 01-17-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJJJ (Post 866586)
Epleys Back!!!!!

Whoo hoo! Epleys back!

He'd probably take great umbrage to folks thinking I were he......besides I'm much taller.......:ursofunny