Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Appeal to the computer gods (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=38933)

The Matt 03-12-2012 10:07 AM

Appeal to the computer gods

O techies, lend me thine ears. My computer keeps crashing, since yesterday. I've run AVG antivirus, superantispyware, and malwarebytes antimalware. Found a few things, removed them, but still crashing. Any ideas?

The Matt 03-12-2012 10:24 AM

Re: Appeal to the computer gods

I guess I should be a little more specific, when I open google chrome, and go to any website, it'll work for a bit, then google chrome will freeze, and I won't be able to open anything else on the computer, no start menu, can't ctrl+alt+delete. Yahoo messenger just instantly freezes when I click on it.

Timmy 03-12-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Matt (Post 1147501)
I guess I should be a little more specific, when I open google chrome, and go to any website, it'll work for a bit, then google chrome will freeze, and I won't be able to open anything else on the computer, no start menu, can't ctrl+alt+delete. Yahoo messenger just instantly freezes when I click on it.

Don't click on it.

The Matt 03-12-2012 10:42 AM

Thanks Timmy, I'll keep that in mind...

The Matt 03-12-2012 10:47 AM

Meh...opera seems like it's not giving me any trouble...I can live without yahoo messenger...I guess I'll try redownloading google chrome, see if that fixes it...

Praxeas 03-12-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Matt (Post 1147496)
O techies, lend me thine ears. My computer keeps crashing, since yesterday. I've run AVG antivirus, superantispyware, and malwarebytes antimalware. Found a few things, removed them, but still crashing. Any ideas?

How does it crash? Blue Screen? It could be a driver or hardware. If it just started what I do is go to safemode and check System Restore, maybe there was a bad update or a a driver update

From there check hardware like Ram and the Hard Drive,

Praxeas 03-12-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Matt (Post 1147501)

See if there was a recent Chrome update. Have you tried other browsers instead to see if you still have a problem?

It may not be Chrome at all it just might happen at that time or even if it was RAM because you have memory faults when the CPU attempts to "write" to the affected RAM it crashes...test other browsers

Praxeas 03-12-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Matt (Post 1147511)
Meh...opera seems like it's not giving me any trouble...I can live without yahoo messenger...I guess I'll try redownloading google chrome, see if that fixes it...

Did you try Yahoo before trying Chrome? BTW what did you find when you did a scan? If it was a bad infection there could be some other things still there your system did not find or damage.

bbyrd009 04-14-2012 08:06 PM

Do you have any mozilla on the same pc? (Yes) Do you have the chrome/mozilla patch installed? These two never get along, and even patched they are always fighting.