Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Library (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Lucile Farmer A Willing Heart (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=48640)

Scott Pitta 10-24-2015 07:18 PM

Lucile Farmer A Willing Heart

Does anyone have a copy of a book by Lucile Farmer called A Willing Heart for sale or loan ???

Sister Alvear 10-25-2015 02:42 AM

Re: Lucile Farmer A Willing Heart

Are you talking about the one that was a missionara?

Scott Pitta 10-25-2015 10:42 AM

I'm guessing she only wrote one book. So the answer is yes.

She rubbed shoulders with Harriet Marling, Victoria Carrington, Viola Roberts and Bernice Jarnagin. They all were women ministers who lived in Idaho and Wyoming in the 1940's.

I'm doing some biographical research on Carrington and Marling. So I'm hoping her book will add some biographical data.

Sister Alvear 10-26-2015 09:29 AM

If it is the same woman we are talking about I once visited her. If I remember she had a son called Ruessel?

Sister Alvear 10-26-2015 09:30 AM

The UPCI had a couple books years ago on women ministers....but I cannot remember if her name and story was there are not. Someone from the UPCI might informa you.

Scott Pitta 10-27-2015 01:32 AM

I have one of those books. Profiles of Pentecostal Women. Good idea. Gracias !!

Sparrow 10-27-2015 08:30 AM

I have this book. It was not written by Lucille Farmer but by Mary Loudermilk as told by Lucille Farmer. If I can track down my copy of this book, I will be more than happy to loan it to you. There is a website www.worldcat.org which list this book as available from 7 libraries.

Scott Pitta 10-27-2015 03:40 PM

Thank you very much !!!! :)

brostewart 03-15-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pitta (Post 1399253)
I'm guessing she only wrote one book. So the answer is yes.

She rubbed shoulders with Harriet Marling, Victoria Carrington, Viola Roberts and Bernice Jarnagin. They all were women ministers who lived in Idaho and Wyoming in the 1940's.

I'm doing some biographical research on Carrington and Marling. So I'm hoping her book will add some biographical data.

I hope you found her book by now, it is a blessing. I was in her final church and even got to give her rides sometimes from the nursing home she was in. I talked with her Daughter Rose Eddy last year and she was trying to get a new version of it done with more theological bent. She was very dear to us all, and helped to create the Awesome Truth Tabernacle in Hood River Oregon. She didn't talk alot, she let God do that. She would just tell us pointing her bony old finger, "I prayed for you". Her Legacy includes many souls won to this present Truth, and I am honored to know she's before the throne trying to bring us all to the marriage supper.

Scott Pitta 03-22-2019 05:38 PM

I found her book. I would be very interested in chatting with her daughter.