Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Holy Ghost (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53050)

hometown guy 01-01-2019 04:11 PM

Holy Ghost

I think this is the first new thread of the year...

You will know you got it when you speak in tongues as God give you the utterance. Like my former pastor used to say “ its like shoes, the tongues just come with it “.

jfrog 01-03-2019 10:10 AM

Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometown guy (Post 1556050)
I think this is the first new thread of the year...

You will know you got it when you speak in tongues as God give you the utterance. Like my former pastor used to say “ its like shoes, the tongues just come with it “.

I spoke in tongues. There was still a sense of doubt whether the tongues I spoke were genuine. You know, like maybe I just did it cause i wanted it so badly.

I haven’t stepped foot in a church in years and I can’t rememebr the last time I prayed. . I could speak in tongues right now if I desired.

Tongues prove nothing to me and I don’t think they should to you either.

Apostolic1ness 01-03-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1556105)
I spoke in tongues. There was still a sense of doubt whether the tongues I spoke were genuine. You know, like maybe I just did it cause i wanted it so badly.

I haven’t stepped foot in a church in years and I can’t rememebr the last time I prayed. . I could speak in tongues right now if I desired.

You may jibber jabber right now but friend you will not be speaking in tongues. Tongues only comes by the Spirit of God.

n david 01-03-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1556107)
You may jibber jabber right now but friend you will not be speaking in tongues. Tongues only comes by the Spirit of God.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4854...itemid=9197193

jfrog 01-03-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1556107)

What I can do now is the same thing that I did then. If it’s jibber jabber now then it was jibber jabber then... Which is ultimately my point. There’s not any distinguishable difference between jibber jabber and tongues.

TakingDominion 01-03-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1556105)

I think the more important question is, why haven't you been to church in years? Or prayed?

jfrog 01-03-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakingDominion (Post 1556113)
I think the more important question is, why haven't you been to church in years? Or prayed?

I think the more important question is why do you still sin?

Apostolic1ness 01-03-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1556109)
What I can do now is the same thing that I did then. If it’s jibber jabber now then it was jibber jabber then... Which is ultimately my point. There’s not any distinguishable difference between jibber jabber and tongues.

If its the same now as then then you never received the Holy Ghost.

jfrog 01-03-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1556117)
If its the same now as then then you never received the Holy Ghost.

I understand that’s the only way you can reconcile what I said with your beliefs so I won’t consider it personal.

That said, who made you the judge?

n david 01-03-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1556109)

That isn't how it works. A1 is correct. If you believe you can just start speaking in tongues, not having prayed or being in connection with the spirit of God; and if you believe that your tongues now is the same as when you believed you received the HG ...

You didn't receive the HG.

Tongues is not as we determine or as we give utterance. It's as the Spirit gives utterance. If you're not connected to the spirit, it won't give utterance.