Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Garden Path (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Dirt that will make you HAPPY! (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=47656)

KeptByTheWord 03-16-2015 07:07 PM

Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

Yes indeed! Wanna be happy? Here's a great way to get your "happy" on! hint... it has to do with dirt!

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/gard...robes-soil.htm

shazeep 03-16-2015 07:14 PM

Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

HA! nice :D

Esaias 03-19-2015 11:53 PM

Wow. No wonder kids are so happy about playing in the dirt!

KeptByTheWord 03-20-2015 07:52 PM

I thought it was pretty amazing that the same components that make up antidepressant drugs are found in soil! And you're right - no wonder kids are so happy playing in dirt!

shazeep 03-20-2015 07:56 PM

works for adults, too, i find.

KeptByTheWord 08-30-2019 11:50 AM

:bump

I've been very happy folks! Busy playing in the dirt :)

My garden is huge this year, and harvest time is upon us. Gardening where I live is not for the faint of heart, as we have about 2, possibly 3 months without frost/freeze weather. I'm thankful to the Lord for the harvest we've had so far this year.

Anyone else put in a garden this year?

Pressing-On 08-30-2019 01:35 PM

Cool article! I believe that.

I was swimming in the ocean with one of my grandsons a few weeks ago and having not done that in a while, I realized how mentally and physically healing water can be. Had a total sense of wellness. I told my husband that I hadn’t realized how much I have missed the water!

KeptByTheWord 08-30-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1570871)
Cool article! I believe that.

I was swimming in the ocean with one of my grandsons a few weeks ago and having not done that in a while, I realized how mentally and physically healing water can be. Had a total sense of wellness. I told my husband that I hadn’t realized how much I have missed the water!

Yes! I know what you mean! We live next to a beautiful river, about a mile, and on hot summer evenings my husband and I drive our quad down to the river, and swim for about an hour. I will miss those swims, as our temps are cooling down (was 38 here just this morning). Glad you had such a good time swimming with your grandson :) It really is refreshing for the body and soul!

Monterrey 08-30-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord (Post 1570853)
:bump

I've been very happy folks! Busy playing in the dirt :)

My garden is huge this year, and harvest time is upon us. Gardening where I live is not for the faint of heart, as we have about 2, possibly 3 months without frost/freeze weather. I'm thankful to the Lord for the harvest we've had so far this year.

Anyone else put in a garden this year?

Just harvested our anaheim peppers, grilled them, skinned them and froze them. Put them in baggies to bring them out for breakfast and eat them with eggs and totillas.

Grew some of the best anahiems and jalapeno peppers that I ever had this year.

Grew quite a few onions this year from starts and seeds. Mixed it all together with my tomatoes and just made some pico!

My kale is doing well also. I already harvested my cabbage but still enjoying my harvest.

Pressing-On 08-30-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monterrey (Post 1570909)
Just harvested our anaheim peppers, grilled them, skinned them and froze them. Put them in baggies to bring them out for breakfast and eat them with eggs and totillas.

Grew some of the best anahiems and jalapeno peppers that I ever had this year.

Grew quite a few onions this year from starts and seeds. Mixed it all together with my tomatoes and just made some pico!

My kale is doing well also. I already harvested my cabbage but still enjoying my harvest.

Wow! Awesome!