Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bro. Robertson Duck Dynasty baptizes in Jesus Nam (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=45021)

Hoovie 11-07-2013 06:17 PM

Bro. Robertson Duck Dynasty baptizes in Jesus Nam

Anyone see the videos yet? Pretty Kewl.

seekerman 11-07-2013 06:23 PM

Re: Bro. Robertson Duck Dynasty baptizes in Jesus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovie (Post 1285939)

Haven't seen them. You have a link?

RandyWayne 11-07-2013 06:31 PM

I shared it.

Abiding Now 11-07-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 1285951)
I shared it.

Where?

navygoat1998 11-07-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovie (Post 1285939)

They are Church of Christ and they Baptize according to Acts 2:38, but that is where it ends. No tongues and no musical instruments.

Abiding Now 11-07-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navygoat1998 (Post 1285959)
They are Church of Christ and they Baptize according to Acts 2:38, but that is where it ends. No tongues and no musical instruments.

When asked about water baptism, a CoC will always teach that water baptism is essential, but when they baptize they used to use the titles F,S, and HG, (and some may still do it that way) but lately in public debates, they are saying nothing has to be said (silent baptism) because the one doing the baptism is a Christian so that alone makes the baptism a Christian baptism.

Praxeas 11-07-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navygoat1998 (Post 1285959)

Yup.

Had one of them tell a friend he was a snot slinging devil worshipper

Praxeas 11-07-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abiding Now (Post 1285961)
When asked about water baptism, a CoC will always teach that water baptism is essential, but when they baptize they used to use the titles F,S, and HG, (and some may still do it that way) but lately in public debates, they are saying nothing has to be said (silent baptism) because the one doing the baptism is a Christian so that alone makes the baptism a Christian baptism.

There are a LOT of Independent COCs

Hoovie 11-07-2013 08:31 PM

Dont know that I could get it over here, but I did share it on FaceBook. I think they are COC, but the four different videos posted show him speaking the name of Jesus - for the remission of sins.

RandyWayne 11-07-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovie (Post 1285968)
Dont know that I could get it over here, but I did share it on FaceBook. I think they are COC, but the four different videos posted show him speaking the name of Jesus - for the remission of sins.

Ya, it is a specific Facebook video so there is no easy to way to share it off of that site.