Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cornelius, after Holyghost vs. before? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53444)

JamesGlen 07-20-2019 10:30 AM

Cornelius, after Holyghost vs. before?

Anyone have bible based thoughts of what all was different about Cornelius AFTER he was Spirit filled, verses right before?

My first thought would be, Spiritual power to become a witness...Although I am not sure what all that would entail.

mizpeh 07-20-2019 07:47 PM

Re: Cornelius, after Holyghost vs. before?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesGlen (Post 1568729)
Anyone have bible based thoughts of what all was different about Cornelius AFTER he was Spirit filled, verses right before?

My first thought would be, Spiritual power to become a witness...Although I am not sure what all that would entail.

After being filled with the Holy Spirit, he then became part of the body of Christ. 1 Cor 12:12

derAlte 07-25-2019 06:26 PM

Tradition says that Zacchaeus (the wee little man) was the first bishop of the church in Caesarea followed by Cornelius. Don't know whether there's any truth to that tradition.

votivesoul 07-25-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

All the promises of the New Covenant as contained in the Hebrew Scriptures were now his. Additionally, he was no longer a "God-fearer. He was a son of God.

votivesoul 07-25-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1568978)
All the promises of the New Covenant as contained in the Hebrew Scriptures were now his. Additionally, he was no longer a "God-fearer. He was a son of God.

His sonship was by adoption. With and through the Spirit, he could cry, "Abba, Father" to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. This was not possible before.

Additionally, the manifestation of the Spirit was now available to him through the charismata.

Esaias 07-26-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Acts 15:

[8] And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
[9] And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

hometown guy 07-27-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Before he was lost and going to split hell wide open and after he on his way to heaven.