Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Randy Phillips Building Forty Million Dollar Church Complex (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=8998)

CC1 10-20-2007 02:32 PM

Randy Phillips Building Forty Million Dollar Church Complex

Randy Phillips, Pastor of Promiseland West church in Austin, Texas and son of well known Oneness Pentecostal pastor Kenneth Phillips has announced the building plans for his two year old church.

Recently the church purchased property on which they plan to build a $40,000,000.00 (forty million dollar) Church Complex called "Dream City".

The complex will include not only a sanctuary and education complex but a retirement center, park, skate park, basketball courts, etc, etc.

The church currently runs about 800 people and meets in the fine arts auditorium of Westlake High School in West Austin.

The Promiseland West website has a link to a Fox news report about the building plans and also has a basic drawing of the proposed complex.

I am sure this is something that will be built in phases. On the news report they mention that the plan on breaking ground on the project in about a year.

Randy is very frugal and very good managing money so you can bet if he moves forward with this it is on sound financial footing.

Thad 10-20-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 276415)
Randy Phillips, Pastor of Promiseland West church in Austin, Texas and son of well known Oneness Pentecostal pastor Kenneth Phillips has announced the building plans for his two year old church.

Recently the church purchased property on which they plan to build a $40,000,000.00 (forty million dollar) Church Complex called "Dream City".

The complex will include not only a sanctuary and education complex but a retirement center, park, skate park, basketball courts, etc, etc.

The church currently runs about 800 people and meets in the fine arts auditorium of Westlake High School in West Austin.

The Promiseland West website has a link to a Fox news report about the building plans and also has a basic drawing of the proposed complex.

I am sure this is something that will be built in phases. On the news report they mention that the plan on breaking ground on the project in about a year.

Randy is very frugal and very good managing money so you can bet if he moves forward with this it is on sound financial footing.

another building program???? Didn't they just build a new edifice recently?

no offense and nothing personal at all, but randy is not to great of a speaker CC. not nearly as good as his dad that's for sure

if this is too harsh , I'll delete it but RP is sort of boring to listen to

CC1 10-20-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad (Post 276419)
another building program???? Didn't they just build a new edifice recently?

no offense and nothing personal at all, but randy is not to great of a speaker CC. not nearly as good as his dad that's for sure

if this is too harsh , I'll delete it but RP is sort of boring to listen to

KP built a new sanctuary back about 10 years ago but Randy's Promiseland West has been meeting since its inception at a High School Fine Arts audtiorium.

They just recently purchased this property on which they are going to build.

I would imagine the aquistion of James Owens from POA is in anticipation of this building program and even more growth, complexity, etc.

Thad 10-20-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 276425)
KP built a new sanctuary back about 10 years ago but Randy's Promiseland West has been meeting since its inception at a High School Fine Arts audtiorium.

They just recently purchased this property on which they are going to build.

I would imagine the aquistion of James Owens from POA is in anticipation of this building program and even more growth, complexity, etc.

why not just have one Great and Big church ?

CC1 10-20-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad (Post 276429)
why not just have one Great and Big church ?

Austin has grown into a large srpawling city and is growing even more. Studies have shown that the vast majority of people will not drive more than 15 minutes to attend church.

It makes sense for there to be several good churches in Austin. In the UPC ones Rex Johnson has a very successful church in South Austin and David Barnard has one in Northwest Austin.

Promiseland also has daughter works South of Austin in San Marcos and to the North in Geogetown and of course one somewhere in the Dallas area.

Thad 10-20-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 276438)
Austin has grown into a large srpawling city and is growing even more. Studies have shown that the vast majority of people will not drive more than 15 minutes to attend church.

It makes sense for there to be several good churches in Austin. In the UPC ones Rex Johnson has a very successful church in South Austin and David Barnard has one in Northwest Austin.

Promiseland also has daughter works South of Austin in San Marcos and to the North in Geogetown and of course one somewhere in the Dallas area.

and of course the other daughter work in Houston( champion church)

Do the UPC churches in Austin fellowship w/KP's church ?

Sherri 10-20-2007 02:52 PM

I cannot imagine!!! We are running 650-700 and we are trying to raise 3 million! He must have some oil tycoons! LOL

Thad 10-20-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherri (Post 276440)
I cannot imagine!!! We are running 650-700 and we are trying to raise 3 million! He must have some oil tycoons! LOL

I thought you just built a new church - no?

CC1 10-20-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad (Post 276439)
and of course the other daughter work in Houston( champion church)

Do the UPC churches in Austin fellowship w/KP's church ?

LOL!!!! What do you think?

I think it is safe to say that David Barnards church and Promiseland have not planned any potluck suppers together.

I don't think there is any animosity between KP and any of the UPC pastors and over the years he and Rex have remained friends I believe.

I think the last UPC Pastor with an agenda against KP was Keith Clark years ago when he put his church right down the road from KP about two miles away.

Thad 10-20-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 276447)
LOL!!!! What do you think?

I think it is safe to say that David Barnards church and Promiseland have not planned any potluck suppers together.

I don't think there is any animosity between KP and any of the UPC pastors and over the years he and Rex have remained friends I believe.

I think the last UPC Pastor with an agenda against KP was Keith Clark years ago when he put his church right down the road from KP about two miles away.

That is just SHOCKING!!!!