Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Trump's Lawyer's office raided by FBI? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52173)

Evang.Benincasa 04-10-2018 07:29 PM

Trump's Lawyer's office raided by FBI?

What's going on with the Donald?

The judge who signed the warrant believed that Trump's lawyer was going to destroy evidence?

n david 04-11-2018 11:10 AM

Re: Trump's Lawyer's office raided by FBI?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1526621)
What's going on with the Donald?

The judge who signed the warrant believed that Trump's lawyer was going to destroy evidence?

I find that hard to believe. Cohen had just released a ton of documents to Mueller. This is similar to what Mueller did with Manafort. Manafort was cooperating and giving documents as requested, but the SC raided his home anyway.

IMO, it's the SC version of "shock and awe."

This is Mueller and the NY AG trying to rattle Trump and anyone connected to him.

This is truly an investigation waaaay off the rails and far outside its original, intended scope.

It's become a plot to remove the POTUS by any means necessary.

Pressing-On 04-11-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1526700)
I find that hard to believe. Cohen had just released a ton of documents to Mueller. This is similar to what Mueller did with Manafort. Manafort was cooperating and giving documents as requested, but the SC raided his home anyway.

IMO, it's the SC version of "shock and awe."

This is Mueller and the NY AG trying to rattle Trump and anyone connected to him.

This is truly an investigation waaaay off the rails and far outside its original, intended scope.

It's become a plot to remove the POTUS by any means necessary.

You are exactly right. And you know how hard I fought against him getting the nomination, not voting for him when he did.

Having said that, I am thoroughly ticked and disgusted that Hillary was so blatantly dishonest with no one drilling down on her life like a hornet.

BuckeyeBukaroo 04-11-2018 06:03 PM

The actual raid had nothing to do with Mueller.

"Stephen Ryan, Cohen's attorney, said the raid in New York was prompted by a referral from Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller, who determined that the information related to the attorney did not fall within the direct scope of his investigation into Russia's alleged interference in the 2016 election."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...iry/502367002/

The raid was part of a separate investigation related to the allegation that President Trump's lawyer made an illegal campaign contribution with those funds used as "hush money" paid to Stormy Daniels.

BuckeyeBukaroo 04-11-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1526718)
You are exactly right. And you know how hard I fought against him getting the nomination, not voting for him when he did.

Having said that, I am thoroughly ticked and disgusted that Hillary was so blatantly dishonest with no one drilling down on her life like a hornet.

I support the President, but I don't want any of the investigation(s) to stop. Too many people close to him have been indicted-- one lawyer has already been sentenced to jail (albeit for 30 days, after pleading guilty). Then there are all the people who either resigned by choice, force, or were simply fired. Then there are the GOP lawmakers who have distanced themselves so far from this presidency that they would rather not seek reelection than be connected to him. He is our President yes, but the investigation(s) are important.

n david 04-11-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo (Post 1526723)
Too many people close to him have been indicted-- one lawyer has already been sentenced to jail (albeit for 30 days, after pleading guilty).

And what was the lawyer and others indicted for doing?

Oh, right...lying to the FBI.

Too bad Comey and the FBI didn't put Clinton under oath or prosecute her for lying.

Manafort and his aid are the only two indicted for things other than lying. And it had NOTHING to do with the initial scope of the investigation.

n david 04-11-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo (Post 1526722)
The actual raid had nothing to do with Mueller.

"Stephen Ryan, Cohen's attorney, said the raid in New York was prompted by a referral from Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller, who determined that the information related to the attorney did not fall within the direct scope of his investigation into Russia's alleged interference in the 2016 election."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...iry/502367002/

The raid was part of a separate investigation related to the allegation that President Trump's lawyer made an illegal campaign contribution with those funds used as "hush money" paid to Stormy Daniels.

Nothing to do with Mueller??? It was Mueller who referred it to the NY AG.

Jito463 04-11-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1526732)
Nothing to do with Mueller??? It was Mueller who referred it to the NY AG.

I think he meant it had nothing to do with Mueller's investigation.

BuckeyeBukaroo 04-11-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1526730)
And what was the lawyer and others indicted for doing?

Oh, right...lying to the FBI.

Too bad Comey and the FBI didn't put Clinton under oath or prosecute her for lying.

Manafort and his aid are the only two indicted for things other than lying. And it had NOTHING to do with the initial scope of the investigation.

Wasn't just lying. This is possibly TREASON. That is why this is so serious. I know some of us liked to say the last guy was treasonous, but this investigation is about the real deal. People close to the President have been indicted and the President himself has been caught in a couple lies regarding to that meeting he (at first) didn't have with the Russians that (at first) didn't happen in his office and when he owned up to it, he lied about who was there. This is all very, very serious stuff. So no, I don't think he is being treated unfairly. I hope he comes out vindicated, but if he did wrong, or if the people around him did wrong, or even committed TREASON, then all of them need to be held accountable!

BuckeyeBukaroo 04-11-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jito463 (Post 1526733)
I think he meant it had nothing to do with Mueller's investigation.

Yes. Thank you.