Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Welcome Mat (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Long Lost Member (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54661)

A.W. Bowman 03-23-2022 08:26 PM

Long Lost Member

It has been seven years since I last visited this forum. Mercy! I feel like a "new member". Sorry kids, but not only has it been a long time, much has transpired in both my personal and spiritual life.

I am not sure what my reception here will be, but I left with a number of friends and nice acquaintances. Hope some of them are still aground!

I don't remember what all I have posted in the past, so I might be guilty of repeating myself. The article on the Commandments of God article: Deleted it from my files. It required a lot of rework (editing, spelling, grammar, and subject matter, etc.) I might attempt a rewrite, or just leave it in the trash can. Started a new study on the Commandments of Jesus. It includes references to the O.T. commandments.

I will have to spend some time going through the various threads to see how everything is developing, and to see if there is anything I might like to comment on.

Well, that is enough for tonight.

Esaias 03-24-2022 08:33 PM

Re: Long Lost Member

The Commands of Jesus:

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=42973

A.W. Bowman 03-24-2022 08:50 PM

LOL I forgot that I had already posted on this subject on this forum! Thank you. I thought I posted this on another forum. I have since rewritten it.

I think i will post the new part and see how it goes.

Truthseeker 03-26-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.W. Bowman (Post 1608923)
It has been seven years since I last visited this forum. Mercy! I feel like a "new member". Sorry kids, but not only has it been a long time, much has transpired in both my personal and spiritual life.

I am not sure what my reception here will be, but I left with a number of friends and nice acquaintances. Hope some of them are still aground!

I don't remember what all I have posted in the past, so I might be guilty of repeating myself. The article on the Commandments of God article: Deleted it from my files. It required a lot of rework (editing, spelling, grammar, and subject matter, etc.) I might attempt a rewrite, or just leave it in the trash can. Started a new study on the Commandments of Jesus. It includes references to the O.T. commandments.

I will have to spend some time going through the various threads to see how everything is developing, and to see if there is anything I might like to comment on.

Well, that is enough for tonight.

Welcome back. Mind sharing what as transpired?

A.W. Bowman 03-27-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truthseeker (Post 1608986)
Welcome back. Mind sharing what as transpired?

Since you asked.

First off, over the past few years I have moved three times. Change states and changed cities in the new state of Texas, back where I spent a lot of my childhood with members of my family. As most everyone recognizes moving is not a simple project to undertake. During this period, I also lost two wives to serious illnesses. It has been really difficult to keep everything together under these circumstances.

Also during this period I have attended a number of churches, including three "black churches". I have preached/taught in two of those churches. I have also essentially retired several years ago. Now that I am 83 years old, our Lord spoke to me in said,"who told you to retire?" So, about six months ago I started studying again and reworking some of the teachings that I have taught in the past.

So, here I am again visiting some old online forums to see if there is anything that I might contribute. That is the short version of what's been going on since I left Apostolic Friends.