Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Playground (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   question about other forums (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=36777)

Amanah 09-13-2011 12:45 AM

question about other forums

Can anyone recommend an Apostolic Forum that is based more on discussions and bible studies versus debates? I want to chat and discuss, and be friends. I enjoy this forum, but I'm not sure I really have the personality for debating people.

So, if you know of a forum that more fits the bill of a social outlet then a place to debate, please link it for me.

Thank you

Praxeas 09-13-2011 01:24 AM

Re: question about other forums

You'll have to join a forum where everyone agrees

Phoenix 09-13-2011 04:53 AM

Good News Cafe.

Michael The Disciple 09-13-2011 06:24 AM

Well my forum is still open and awaiting posters. I have basically just been using it as a place to store my teachings.

www.wordwarriors.org

Austin 09-13-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1097169)
Can anyone recommend an Apostolic Forum that is based more on discussions and bible studies versus debates? I want to chat and discuss, and be friends. I enjoy this forum, but I'm not sure I really have the personality for debating people.

So, if you know of a forum that more fits the bill of a social outlet then a place to debate, please link it for me.

Thank you

Good Luck, even though I don't like to use that term. I have been on a lot of them and also reviewed several. In the pentecostal reams everyone is always pushing their beliefs and with argument. That's the way it has been for as long as I can remember. That old, I'm right and your probably wrong. In reality the truth of the matter is this, we all are incorrect in something we have been taught or believe.
Then you have rebels who are self appointed in the things they believe, and most of the time in their minds, they are right and everyone else is wrong. Most of that is due to the fact that most of them don't attend certain church on a regular basis, they are not involved in any christian work with other to the benefit of mankind, and a lot of them are just out there and don't attend church at all. You will also find people who have been rebuked by someone in authority and as a result they have left a church and become indifferent and now they have their own opinion on the bible and God.
Yes Amanah, they are out there every where. Just always remember one thing in all of it! Jesus is not the author of confusion but the giver of love, peace and a sound mind.

scotty 09-13-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 1097188)
Good News Cafe.

:thumbsup

http://www.goodnewscafe.net/index.php

Pressing-On 09-13-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1097169)

Thank you

The good thing about AFF is that you won't be censored, generally. Many other forums will censor you. So, what I do is engage in a debate if that is what I want to do, read some debates without participating and ignore everything else that annoys me. Works for me. :heeheehee

Amanah 09-13-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1097278)
The good thing about AFF is that you won't be censored, generally. Many other forums will censor you. So, what I do is engage in a debate if that is what I want to do, read some debates without participating and ignore everything else that annoys me. Works for me. :heeheehee

good advice :)

Pressing-On 09-13-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1097282)
good advice :)

One more! If I am really feeling like a smart aleck, I don't log in at all. :heeheehee

Cindy 09-13-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1097288)
One more! If I am really feeling like a smart aleck, I don't log in at all. :heeheehee

So that's why you're not around much. :D