Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   UPCI Bylaws (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3451)

delta soundman 05-09-2007 09:17 AM

UPCI Bylaws

Can anyone give me a link that would take me to the UPCI Bylaws. Just looking for something in writing.Thanks

chaotic_resolve 05-09-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta soundman (Post 106409)
Can anyone give me a link that would take me to the UPCI Bylaws. Just looking for something in writing.Thanks

Good luck. :thumbsup

I've tried finding stuff from the UPCI Manual online and it's not there . . . or I just may not be looking hard enough. The only way you get that information is to be a licensed minister, or if you know one who has the book.

BoredOutOfMyMind 05-09-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaotic_resolve (Post 106423)
Good luck. :thumbsup

I've tried finding stuff from the UPCI Manual online and it's not there . . . or I just may not be looking hard enough. The only way you get that information is to be a licensed minister, or if you know one who has the book.

<raises hand> :thumbsup

Sheltiedad 05-09-2007 09:43 AM

What topics do you wish to see?

delta soundman 05-09-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheltiedad (Post 106494)

Various things, but for the most part I have been in a UPC church all my life and never known what the by-laws were. I've reached the point in my life that I am part of the leadership in my church and I would like to know the UPC stated bylaws. I hear from people all the time what they think are the bylaws but I have never seen it in writing.

Pentecostal Pariah 05-09-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheltiedad (Post 106494)

I was going to suggest he ask you...but you know me...I am only a mere woman...I know you have access. Me too but...

Sheltiedad 05-09-2007 09:52 AM

I have access to an online copy from 2005 that was painstakingly typed up by someone on another forum, that some of us frequent. I am not sure what the copyright implications if I were to post the whole thing in a public place though...

SDG 05-09-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheltiedad (Post 106525)
I have access to an online copy from 2005 that was painstakingly typed up by someone on another forum, that some of us frequent. I am not sure what the copyright implications if I were to post the whole thing in a public place though...

*Dan places right hand on Rolodex and thumbs for UPCI headquarters legal dept.*

BoredOutOfMyMind 05-09-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta soundman (Post 106516)
Various things, but for the most part I have been in a UPC church all my life and never known what the by-laws were. I've reached the point in my life that I am part of the leadership in my church and I would like to know the UPC stated bylaws. I hear from people all the time what they think are the bylaws but I have never seen it in writing.

Why not ask your Pastor to see your bylaws? Generic Bylaws may not apply in your church or State.

Define leadership. Leadership can be a board member, or can be a head of a department like outreach.

I will answer some questions, but do fail to see why we would want to paste the entire bylaws here.

delta soundman 05-09-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind (Post 106592)
Why not ask your Pastor to see your bylaws? Generic Bylaws may not apply in your church or State.

Define leadership. Leadership can be a board member, or can be a head of a department like outreach.

I will answer some questions, but do fail to see why we would want to paste the entire bylaws here.

As to my knowledge we do not have our own stated bylaws to date. As far as leadership goes, media department head may not fit your discription.

We recently had a minister preach a two day revival. This preacher was not of the UPCI. Also this preacher had a beard. He was black but I don't think that bit of info will play into this discussion. My question is, "Is a preacher that is not with the organization allowed to preach and further more is anything stated in the bylaws to whether or not a minister with a beard should be allowed on the platform."

MrsMcD 05-09-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta soundman (Post 106825)
As to my knowledge we do not have our own stated bylaws to date. As far as leadership goes, media department head may not fit your discription.

We recently had a minister preach a two day revival. This preacher was not of the UPCI. Also this preacher had a beard. He was black but I don't think that bit of info will play into this discussion. My question is, "Is a preacher that is not with the organization allowed to preach and further more is anything stated in the bylaws to whether or not a minister with a beard should be allowed on the platform."

We have had preachers preach for us that were not UPC. I don't see where having a beard has anything to do with anything.

Praxeas 05-09-2007 12:27 PM

Even the UPCI does not post the articles of faith. You have to find them on someone elses board. Weird

delta soundman 05-09-2007 12:32 PM

Maybe someone could give me the name of the other site that would help me with a copy of the bylaws

Praxeas 05-09-2007 06:45 PM

I don't think any site has the by laws on them. All I have ever seen were AOF

BoredOutOfMyMind 05-09-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta soundman (Post 106825)

What was the sermon about?

What scriptures did he read?

:thumbsup

Steve Epley 05-09-2007 09:24 PM

If I remember correctly the UPC bylaws have nothing in them about facial hair? Rford could tell us.

SDG 05-09-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Epley (Post 107869)
If I remember correctly the UPC bylaws have nothing in them about facial hair? Rford could tell us.

Zip ... zilch .. nada ... nuttin

Ferd 05-09-2007 09:44 PM

As for non-upci preachers. different districts have different rules.

for the most part the rule is not about non upci preachers preaching for upci pastors but there are some rules about UPCI preachers preaching in non-upci churchs in cities where there is a upci church. have to get permission from that pastor or some such.

Thumper 05-09-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta soundman (Post 106516)

Seems asking your Pastor for a copy would be a pretty good place to start.

seguidordejesus 05-09-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 107906)
Seems asking your Pastor for a copy would be a pretty good place to start.

When my pastor asked me about allowing my name to run for the church board, I asked him for a copy, and he supplied them, no problem.

Thumper 05-09-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 107914)
When my pastor asked me about allowing my name to run for the church board, I asked him for a copy, and he supplied them, no problem.

Exactly,

I can't imagine why someone would withhold them myself but you never can tell

CupCake 05-10-2007 03:25 PM

Here the info~

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/upcbeliefs.html

FRINGE_NUTTER 05-10-2007 08:18 PM

Articles of Faith

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praxeas (Post 106840)
Even the UPCI does not post the articles of faith. You have to find them on someone elses board. Weird

Here are the Articles of Faith:

http://www.christianguitar.org/forum...ad.php?t=96466

ILG 05-10-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea (Post 107871)
Zip ... zilch .. nada ... nuttin

Nothing about women in skirts either. ;)