Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The D.A.'s Office (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity, (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=28450)

DAII 01-17-2010 03:09 PM

Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevDWW (Post 866590)
Evidently........:nod

I can hear Dr. Phil saying, "How's that workin' out for ya?"

Esther 01-17-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 866549)
Oh my goodness, guess what? Hardly anyone I know cares what you think about anything. DKB loves God and is more Apostolic in one skin cell than you are in your entire body frame. Just sayin'....... :D

Lord, I see I need to totally take a break. You are most annoying, like a horse fly. Have fun on AFF, Danny Boy. You have a platform. :thumbsup

Hit your ignore button.

Michael Phelps 01-17-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevDWW (Post 866584)
No need for you to fear DAII!!!! That mean ole UPCI wouldn't rub off on you......:ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny

By the way I do agree that not matter how holy one might consider their standards if they ain't exhibiting love one for another they're as wrong as two boys kissing!

Jesus went so far as to teach that we're not to just love our neighbor bt we are to love our enemy.

Let's take the UPCI out of the equasion for a minute, I would venture to say that ANY religious organization which puts more focus on identification of the members than they do infiltration of a lost world is going backwards.

Are we more interested in "REvival" or "SURvival"?

This has been my soapbox for a long time, too many churches (Apostolic and non-apostolic) have become showcases instead of distribution centers. How many messages in a given week throughout America are centered on the saints vs. the sinners?

I realize that teaching and preaching to the saints is necessary, but when the focus of our service is keeping the saints saved and not on evangelizing the world, we're out of balance.

Go thru this little exercise - count the instances in the New Testament where Jesus preached to the saved versus ministering to the lost. You'll find that when He DID preach to the saints, it was almost inevitably challenging them to go and minister to the sinners!

RevDWW 01-17-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Phelps (Post 866610)
Let's take the UPCI out of the equasion for a minute, I would venture to say that ANY religious organization which puts more focus on identification of the members than they do infiltration of a lost world is going backwards.

Are we more interested in "REvival" or "SURvival"?

This has been my soapbox for a long time, too many churches (Apostolic and non-apostolic) have become showcases instead of distribution centers. How many messages in a given week throughout America are centered on the saints vs. the sinners?

I realize that teaching and preaching to the saints is necessary, but when the focus of our service is keeping the saints saved and not on evangelizing the world, we're out of balance.

Go thru this little exercise - count the instances in the New Testament where Jesus preached to the saved versus ministering to the lost. You'll find that when He DID preach to the saints, it was almost inevitably challenging them to go and minister to the sinners!

Good stuff!!!!

The Great Commission is "GO YE"....not "GO HE".....it's not for someone else it's a commission to each of us as individuals. Enough of the hunker in the bunker we need to go out and conquer!

D. Wright 01-17-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 866549)
Oh my goodness, guess what? Hardly anyone I know cares what you think about anything. DKB loves God and is more Apostolic in one skin cell than you are in your entire body frame. Just sayin'....... :D

Lord, I see I need to totally take a break. You are most annoying, like a horse fly. Have fun on AFF, Danny Boy. You have a platform. :thumbsup

Sister did you listen to the video or would you rather jump DAII?

DAII 01-17-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Wright (Post 866614)
Sister did you listen to the video or would you rather jump DAII?

D. Wright do you agree with that the 3 greatest challenges facing the UPCI in North America is:

1. Maintain Apostolic Identity
2. Maintain Apostolic Unity
3. Get more exposure

??????

When did unity get the "apostolic" qualifier?

D. Wright 01-17-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 866616)
D. Wright do you agree with that the 3 greatest challenges facing the UPCI in North America is:

1. Maintain Apostolic Identity
2. Maintain Apostolic Unity
3. Get more exposure

??????

When did unity get the "apostolic" qualifier?

I do not.
1. Maintain Spirit-filled Identity
2. Maintain UNITY i.e. Acts (one mind one accord)
3. Might get them more exposure

Sam 01-17-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevDWW (Post 866591)
He'd probably take great umbrage to folks thinking I were he......besides I'm much taller.......:ursofunny

just about everyone is taller than Bro. Eplely

Jeffrey 01-17-2010 07:56 PM

Somewhere missing is the ultimate mission of the church -- simply:

1) GO
2) Teach
3) Make disciples
4) Baptize

and empowering this mission is the Spirit. Fueling the Mission is the Jesus Creed: Love God, Love your neighbor.

Michael Phelps 01-17-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey (Post 866711)
Somewhere missing is the ultimate mission of the church -- simply:

1) GO
2) Teach
3) Make disciples
4) Baptize

and empowering this mission is the Spirit. Fueling the Mission is the Jesus Creed: Love God, Love your neighbor.

And THAT, my friends, is all that needs to be said.