Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Wild Side (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Doctors office asking wrong questions (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=44064)

canam 07-20-2013 06:31 PM

Doctors office asking wrong questions

A recent trip to a clinic produced these questions (i rarely have to go so this is a first for me ) Do you have any guns in your home,do you wear a seatbelt ? i was stunned at first and started/wanted to answer,( ya lots and when i feel like it ),then i demanded it be stricken and refused to finish my answer, which she said was fine,she said they do it for the kids, suuure lady,ps mine are all grown and i live alone ,maazing what they htink they can get away with !!

Roagiesgal 07-21-2013 08:50 AM

Re: Doctors office asking wrong questions

This is OBummercare!

RandyWayne 07-21-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canam (Post 1266564)
A recent trip to a clinic produced these questions (i rarely have to go so this is a first for me ) Do you have any guns in your home,do you wear a seatbelt ? i was stunned at first and started/wanted to answer,( ya lots and when i feel like it ),then i demanded it be stricken and refused to finish my answer, which she said was fine,she said they do it for the kids, suuure lady,ps mine are all grown and i live alone ,maazing what they htink they can get away with !!

My mistake would be trying to be a smart alek.

On guns I would probably spend a minute raising and lowering my fingers on both hands.

Sasha 07-21-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 1266595)

On guns I would probably spend a minute raising and lowering my fingers on both hands.

I would have said something like, "Oh no, I never have guns at home. I keep them on me or have them in my car."

RandyWayne 07-21-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasha (Post 1266598)
I would have said something like, "Oh no, I never have guns at home. I keep them on me or have them in my car."

Or even better, "When you say 'do you own guns", are you referring to how many I have at the house or how many I have on me at this very moment?"

Sasha 07-21-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 1266599)
Or even better, "When you say 'do you own guns", are you referring to how many I have at the house or how many I have on me at this very moment?"

Hahahaha

Hoovie 07-21-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 1266595)

Do that but only use thumbs - and go to a hundred!

Digging4Truth 07-22-2013 07:24 AM

I've had several surgeries lately and another question they keep asking in the hospital is... Do you visit the dentist regularly?

What does that have to do with surgery at the hospital.

ILG 07-22-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digging4Truth (Post 1266630)
I've had several surgeries lately and another question they keep asking in the hospital is... Do you visit the dentist regularly?

What does that have to do with surgery at the hospital.

It has to do with your general health. People who have gingivitis etc., are more likely to have a heart attack etc.