Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Draft of 2020 DNC Platform (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54036)

Originalist 07-24-2020 05:28 PM

Draft of 2020 DNC Platform

This is no joke. Sadly, I'd say 40& of white Americans will enthusiastically support it.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...kvFLqmZcMjjNg0

Jito463 07-29-2020 08:07 PM

Re: Draft of 2020 DNC Platform

On the topic of the DNC, over 100 police agencies across the USA, which had agreed to provide manpower and support for security of the convention, have backed out and withdrawn their offers.

The primary listed reason is that Milwaukee has banned the use of pepper spray and tear gas, so the other agencies don't want to risk sending their people into harms way, without all possible tools available to them. Otherwise, if faced with a violent mob, their only options would boil down to being harmed themselves or using lethal force, neither of which is particularly desirable.

Well, the Dems want to defund the police, I say let them start with their own convention and see how it goes.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...dnc-convention

Esaias 07-29-2020 09:33 PM

The dems don't want to defund the police. That's just an election season talking point to motivate the radical segment of their base. It also helps motivate the GOP base who just can't fathom why anyone would want to defund the police.

The country is being steered in certain directions, and 75% of the population is playing along. (That percentage is my rough guesstimate based on... reasons)

Esaias 08-31-2020 10:19 AM

I wonder if their Platform includes supporting BLM-Antifa hitmen assassinating Patriot Prayer group members on public sidewalks, or BLM-Antifa thugs (including a known pedophile, assorted other felons one of whom masquerades as an armed BLM "medic", meth addicts, and other out of state felons) who like to attempt to murder 17 year old lifeguards trying to stop the aforementioned BLM-Antifa thugs from burning down a gas station and a used car lot? And then when the said teenager shoots the thugs (killing 2) in self defense and runs to the police who were doing nothing but sitting two blocks away watching everything, the democrat machine of government charges the kid with multiple counts of attempted murder and slander him in the media as a white supremacist neonazi who came to the protest illegally with a rifle just to wreck havoc and murder on the mostly peaceful protestor-rioters. Never mind the fact the kid was Hispanic, and everything was on video, and he now has Nick Sandmann's attorney in the process of suing everybody who slandered the poor kid.

jediwill83 08-31-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1591732)
I wonder if their Platform includes supporting BLM-Antifa hitmen assassinating Patriot Prayer group members on public sidewalks, or BLM-Antifa thugs (including a known pedophile, assorted other felons one of whom masquerades as an armed BLM "medic", meth addicts, and other out of state felons) who like to attempt to murder 17 year old lifeguards trying to stop the aforementioned BLM-Antifa thugs from burning down a gas station and a used car lot? And then when the said teenager shoots the thugs (killing 2) in self defense and runs to the police who were doing nothing but sitting two blocks away watching everything, the democrat machine of government charges the kid with multiple counts of attempted murder and slander him in the media as a white supremacist neonazi who came to the protest illegally with a rifle just to wreck havoc and murder on the mostly peaceful protestor-rioters. Never mind the fact the kid was Hispanic, and everything was on video, and he now has Nick Sandmann's attorney in the process of suing everybody who slandered the poor kid.

Man that kids gonna be paid so much money its sickening.

n david 08-31-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1591732)

I saw the videos of the shootings. It looked like self-defense to me. The one charge that may stick is the misdemeanor for minor in possession of a gun. Typical of Democrat DA's, this DA added an additional charge to each offense for using a deadly weapon in commission of each offense.

PDF of Charges

Below is an interesting video from a local Defense Attorney here in my area. He sees it as self defense. He also argues that 17 isn't that young to be having a weapon. He stated youth that age can be in ROTC and handling weapons. At 18, they're given guns and sent to war overseas to kill people.

I don't believe he mentioned, but it's worth adding that Antioch, where Kyle lives, is a small town in Illinois. If like the small towns here and where I grew up in the midwest, I would imagine a lot of young guys own and handle weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7So...ture=emb_title

Esaias 08-31-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1591769)
I saw the videos of the shootings. It looked like self-defense to me. The one charge that may stick is the misdemeanor for minor in possession of a gun. Typical of Democrat DA's, this DA added an additional charge to each offense for using a deadly weapon in commission of each offense.

PDF of Charges

Below is an interesting video from a local Defense Attorney here in my area. He sees it as self defense. He also argues that 17 isn't that young to be having a weapon. He stated youth that age can be in ROTC and handling weapons. At 18, they're given guns and sent to war overseas to kill people.

I don't believe he mentioned, but it's worth adding that Antioch, where Kyle lives, is a small town in Illinois. If like the small towns here and where I grew up in the midwest, I would imagine a lot of young guys own and handle weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7So...ture=emb_title

He was a police cadet apparently, and although I am no expert on Wisconsin open carry laws, I do believe he is innocent of even the supposed "illegal possession of a long arm", based on the commentary I have read where people are citing Wisconsin state law.

Antioch is literally a suburb of Kenosha, he lived 15 minutes from where the event took place, he worked in Kenosha.

All the bleating about "hurr durr he crossed state lines therefore he should have submitted to being murdered by a mob" conveniently ignores the fact that most of these rioters are from out of state to begin with - like WAY out of state.

Apparently, the bulk of the rioters are travelling around the country making a ruckus on *somebody's* dime...

Jito463 09-03-2020 02:03 PM

Here's another good breakdown of the situation, from an attorney who practices in Wisconsin and is familiar with the laws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L7JQ-KXzWg

Esaias 09-10-2020 03:43 PM

Over 300,000 acres burning in Oregon, more fires in Washington, all springing up all of a sudden in the last couple of days. Homes and businesses destroyed, lives have already been lost (including a mother and little child).

Is it "climate change"? Or does it have more to do with the numerous arrests (for arson and attempted arson) of known BLM/Antifa members in the last few days caught in the act of setting fires along highways, behind businesses, in neighborhoods, etc?

coksiw 09-10-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1592545)
Over 300,000 acres burning in Oregon, more fires in Washington, all springing up all of a sudden in the last couple of days. Homes and businesses destroyed, lives have already been lost (including a mother and little child).

Is it "climate change"? Or does it have more to do with the numerous arrests (for arson and attempted arson) of known BLM/Antifa members in the last few days caught in the act of setting fires along highways, behind businesses, in neighborhoods, etc?

Where did you find that information about arrests for arson?