Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Only Hebrew Old Testament Preserved by God? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53615)

mfblume 10-26-2019 10:42 AM

Re: Only Hebrew Old Testament Preserved by God?

Anybody?

Evang.Benincasa 10-26-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1574567)
Anybody?

Sad, is it not?

mfblume 10-26-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1574569)

Sad, is it not?

the issue of God not preserving the New Testament blows my mind. How could anybody believe that God would Inspire those words and not even make an effort to make sure they're preserved? It's like starting something and letting it drop. And not keeping it going.

mfblume 10-26-2019 03:00 PM

The only thing that makes any logical and faithful sense, is that the majority text is preserved of God. The things that are not mention from one manuscript to the other in the majority text are insignificant things that aren't to do with actual Doctrine. God did preserve his word and he didn't do it through the Nestle text, whose progenitors believed that they could analyze the Bible and take things out just like you can any ancient manuscript subject to corruption. The difference between the majority text people is that they believed God was actually preserving his word. I think I stand with the people who believe God was preserving his word.

And I'm not KJV-onlyist.

Scott Pitta 10-26-2019 03:40 PM

The idea of preservation is nice. But the fact remains each Greek NT manuscript reads differently than any other. None of them are identical. Each manuscript has unique readings.

mfblume 10-26-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pitta (Post 1574585)
The idea of preservation is nice. But the fact remains each Greek NT manuscript reads differently than any other. None of them are identical. Each manuscript has unique readings.

the differences in the manuscripts used by the majority text are minor and minimal and don't affect Doctrine. But when you get into the Nestle text, for example, then you start seeing entire phrases omitted and entire Concepts taken away, like Jesus saying, "This kind cometh not out but by prayer and fasting," and referring to Deliverance.

This Higher Learning, so-called, that started in Germany where they people started questioning the texts and thinking a lot of it wasn't even original, is something that the other group of people behind the majority text would never accept nor believe. The New Testament is not like any other ancient book that subject to correction.

mfblume 10-27-2019 08:59 AM

Some people read their Bibles in Hebrew, some in Greek. I like to read mine in the Holy Ghost. - Smith Wigglesworth

JamesGlen 10-27-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pitta (Post 1574585)

Please explain your faith and trust in the accuracy and effectiveness of Gods Holy writ for us today. I’m not sure I really understand where u stand.

Scott Pitta 10-27-2019 05:25 PM

The Bible is truth.

The variations in the text do not impact my faith.

Either God preserved the text of the NT, or he did not. Or he did it in ways we do not understand.

Who determines which textual variants are important and necessary and which ones are not ??

Evang.Benincasa 10-27-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pitta (Post 1574623)
The Bible is truth.

You mean like Unicorns who cry rainbows? Scott, either it is literally, factual truth or it is not. We don't believe the Bible like the Book of Mormon, where we are told that it is truth predicated to a burning in the bosom. It is truth because it is preserved truth, throughout 2,000 years. A Rabbi with an Old Testament wouldn't take your position. His position is that his Bible is preserved since Sinai. He would expect you to take your weak position since you are a Christian.

Quote:

The variations in the text do not impact my faith.

Cool, so you are no different than Bigfoot eyewitnesses, and people who claimed to be abducted by aliens. Blind Faith? Good job Scott, now I can see why you make comments concerning impeachment but can't muster up some proof as to the why? Way to go Pitta. :thumbsup

Quote:

Either God preserved the text of the NT, or he did not.

Scott? Your position was made clear. Through your feigned so called Pentecostal Bible school textual criticism you presented us with some bleak conclusions. One is that NO Hebrew manuscript is the same? As well as NT being all jacked up. What would you like us all to take away from that comment? The Rabbi would proceed to shred you like cigarette paper, as well as any Christian theologian apologist. Bart D Ehrman didn't do too well with Dr James White. I have watched you in action here, and you are no manuscript expert by no means.

Quote:

Or he did it in ways we do not understand.

What in tarnation is that supposed to mean?

Quote:

Who determines which textual variants are important and necessary and which ones are not ??

Do you even know the history of how the Bible was put together in the first place? I'm not talking about the KJV, but the ancient manuscripts from the early church to the Latin Vulgate? Scott, instead of looking into what Harry Morse had for breakfast, maybe you should take time to research the Bible. :throwrock