Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Islamic Issues and News (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Allah and other languages words for GOD (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=46015)

Fionn mac Cumh 04-28-2014 03:38 PM

Allah and other languages words for GOD

I have a question for you all. Is it really wrong to call GOD allah? Isnt that the Arabic form of the word GOD and not a name for GOD? I have heard Arab Christians in the middle east use Allah for GOD even though they are not muslim. I guess im saying is it wrong to use the arabic word for GOD if you are Arabic? I say GOD because I speak english. My hispanic brothers say DIOs. What say you all?

Walks_in_islam 04-28-2014 05:56 PM

Re: Allah and other languages words for GOD

The Arabic bible refers to God as Allah

Fionn mac Cumh 04-28-2014 07:42 PM

Hey bro is Allah the Arabic word for GOD like I said? Is it true that you guys say that no one knows GODs name?

Monterrey 04-28-2014 08:38 PM

Jesus is God's name!

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Fionn mac Cumh 04-28-2014 10:13 PM

Right. But what about my question? Is it wrong for Arabic speaking to call GOD Allah seeing as that's their word for him?

Monterrey 04-28-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fionn mac Cumh (Post 1310731)
Right. But what about my question? Is it wrong for Arabic speaking to call GOD Allah seeing as that's their word for him?

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Regardless of what a muslim might say, Jesus is the name of the Lord, not allah.

An arabic muslim might call their god allah, but our Lord and Savior is named Jesus and that is the name we must call.

A Christian is one who will call upon Jesus.

Fionn mac Cumh 04-28-2014 10:36 PM

Right. So by that logic we should never say GOD then in English? That's what I am saying GOD is a title. Jesus is his wonderful name.

Praxeas 04-29-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fionn mac Cumh (Post 1310688)
I have a question for you all. Is it really wrong to call GOD allah? Isnt that the Arabic form of the word GOD and not a name for GOD? I have heard Arab Christians in the middle east use Allah for GOD even though they are not muslim. I guess im saying is it wrong to use the arabic word for GOD if you are Arabic? I say GOD because I speak english. My hispanic brothers say DIOs. What say you all?

Allah is like the Hebrew Elohim. It's a generic word meaning God but now that I think of it, God/Elohim isn't really the personal name of God in the bible. Does Allah have a unique name for Him in Islam?

Greek was Theos. Latin Deos

Praxeas 04-29-2014 03:53 AM

We say Jesus is God. Allah is the Arabic word for God, so some Arab Christian that believes Jesus is God would say Jesus is Allah I suppose

Walks_in_islam 04-29-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monterrey (Post 1310727)
Jesus is God's name!

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Not according to Jesus funny man.

Jesus (at least according to Mark) called on the name of ELI

(אלהי אלהי למא שבקתני) uses term Eloi, from a very early version of the gospel