Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Flavour (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Whaaaaaaatt???? What's happening in Canada?? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4739)

Felicity 06-11-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 149881)
After reading his, some are far too organizationally minded. I felt that way even while in the UPC.

I wouldn't want to be independent - no way. I like being part of an organized group.

mfblume 06-11-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 149888)
I wouldn't want to be independent - no way. I like being part of an organized group. The one we're with presently I'm not terribly excited about but oh well ..... :)

I am not speaking about being independent of any fellowship, but one can be too organizationally minded. The Body of Christ is not an organization, but an organism. That was my point. I know you are not like this, but I've spoken to some people who equate their organization as the Body of Christ.

Felicity 06-11-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 149903)
I am not speaking about being independent of any fellowship, but one can be too organizationally minded. The Body of Christ is not an organization, but an organism. That was my point. I know you are not like this, but I've spoken to some people who equate their organization as the Body of Christ.

Right.

I think some people don't know any different. They've been told "this is the truth" and they know the group they're connected with is preaching that truth and they don't know that there's anything else "out there". I'm talking saints here not pastors. Hopefully pastors wouldn't think that way.

mfblume 06-11-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 149913)
Right.

I think some people don't know any different. They've been told "this is the truth" and they know the group they're connected with is preaching that truth and they don't know that there's anything else "out there". I'm talking saints here not pastors. Hopefully pastors wouldn't think that way.

Amen. I know some pastors, though, who have said they know the body of Christ is not their organization, but in other ways give you the opposite impression. Also, the impression the saints have can mistakenly be caused by some of the ways pastors present a fellowship. We should not mention our fellowship more than Jesus Christ! ;) I've actually heard that done, though.

BrotherEastman 06-11-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2H (Post 149320)
Is she like a Canadian Bishop or something?

My wife is Canadian, she has strong ties with the 1st UPC of Toronto, as she was thier secretary. Who knows, maybe the Lord will send me to Canada one day.

South of I 90 06-11-2007 03:23 PM

So what is going to happen when Quebec secedes from Canada??!! :sly

Thumper 06-11-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Epley (Post 149545)
Y'all consolidate with us I think we have 1 church in Canada we are taking the nation by storm keeping the officials of the ACOP and UPC awake at nights.:sly

I'm trying elder, I'm trying!!!!

:canada

Just call me The Canadian chairman, presiding prelate, General superintendent and chief cook and bottle washere

I think I want my own orginization.

Just think of all the power I will have.

Steve Epley 06-11-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 150134)
I'm trying elder, I'm trying!!!!

:canada

Just call me The Canadian chairman, presiding prelate, General superintendent and chief cook and bottle washere

I think I want my own orginization.

Just think of all the power I will have.

Now we have them running scared. Had another church once but they all hauled off and moved to Texas wearing cowboy hats and boots. Flying confederate flags.

Truly Blessed 06-11-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Epley (Post 150149)
Now we have them running scared. Had another church once but they all hauled off and moved to Texas wearing cowboy hats and boots. Flying confederate flags.

They must have run off to join forces with the McKillop-ites who packed up and all left PEI for Texas. :)

Steve Epley 06-11-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truly Blessed (Post 150333)
They must have run off to join forces with the McKillop-ites who packed up and all left PEI for Texas. :)

That was who I was talking about. EF is in NB at the present visiting family.