Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hillsong's Marty Sampson "Genuinely Losing Faith" (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53476)

n david 08-12-2019 05:11 PM

Hillsong's Marty Sampson "Genuinely Losing Faith"

Hillsong worship leader Marty Sampson announced on Instagram Friday that he's "genuinely losing his faith"—and he's not upset about it.

"I'm genuinely losing my faith ... and it doesn't bother me."

Sampson was one of Hillsong United's original worship leaders and wrote and co-wrote hundreds of praise songs including hits like "Now that You're Near," "King of Majesty," "O Praise the Name," "For Who You Are" and "Open Heaven."

In his post—which has since been deleted, along with the rest of the artist's Instagram posts—he included a picture of what appears to be Samson bringing down the pillars of the Philistine temple in Judges 16. He writes that the more he thinks about it, the more Christianity seems just like every other religion, and he doesn't want any part of it anymore:

"Christians can be some of the most [judgmental] people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people ... but it's not for me. I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the 'I just believe it' kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God."

"How many preachers fall?" he asks. "Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen? Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send 4 billion people to a place, all coz [sic] they don't believe? No one talks about it."

https://www.charismanews.com/us/7756...ianity-anymore

n david 08-12-2019 05:13 PM

Re: Hillsong's Marty Sampson "Genuinely Losing Fai

https://media.giphy.com/media/69yJX6...qZrh/giphy.gif

jediwill83 08-12-2019 06:01 PM

Josh McDowell has announced his leaving of Christianity as well. The guy that wrote,"I kissed dating goodbye" and all.

You know...that "christian" fad that made so many young people sound so spiritual at camp and then they go off and marry some weirdo.lol

n david 08-12-2019 06:04 PM

"How many preachers fall?" he asks. "Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen? Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send 4 billion people to a place, all coz [sic] they don't believe? No one talks about it."

One thing is very clear after reading this statement from Marty Sampson ....

He's never been on AFF! :toofunny

jediwill83 08-12-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1569833)

One thing is very clear after reading this statement from Marty Sampson ....

He's never been on AFF! :toofunny

He definitely seems a wee bit sheltered.

Michael The Disciple 08-12-2019 08:47 PM

Life with the true Christ is not for everyone. Just for those who take the cross and die to self.

Jay 08-12-2019 10:42 PM

Considering all of the abominations of Hillsong, Bethel, and IHOP, I can not say that I am surprised he decided that Christianity is a farce. Charismatic/Third Wave/Prosperity/New Apostolic Reformation have done nothing but pollute the stream and muddy the waters of authentic Christianity. It is a pity that it is a monster that devours her own children.

Amanah 08-13-2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 1569837)
Considering all of the abominations of Hillsong, Bethel, and IHOP, I can not say that I am surprised he decided that Christianity is a farce. Charismatic/Third Wave/Prosperity/New Apostolic Reformation have done nothing but pollute the stream and muddy the waters of authentic Christianity. It is a pity that it is a monster that devours her own children.

:thumbsup

mfblume 08-13-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediwill83 (Post 1569832)
Josh McDowell has announced his leaving of Christianity as well. The guy that wrote,"I kissed dating goodbye" and all.

You know...that "christian" fad that made so many young people sound so spiritual at camp and then they go off and marry some weirdo.lol

That's Joshua Harris. Josh McDowell is an apologist who is not leaving Christianity.

Evang.Benincasa 08-13-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1569827)
Hillsong worship leader Marty Sampson announced on Instagram Friday that he's "genuinely losing his faith"—and he's not upset about it.

"I'm genuinely losing my faith ... and it doesn't bother me."

Sampson was one of Hillsong United's original worship leaders and wrote and co-wrote hundreds of praise songs including hits like "Now that You're Near," "King of Majesty," "O Praise the Name," "For Who You Are" and "Open Heaven."

In his post—which has since been deleted, along with the rest of the artist's Instagram posts—he included a picture of what appears to be Samson bringing down the pillars of the Philistine temple in Judges 16. He writes that the more he thinks about it, the more Christianity seems just like every other religion, and he doesn't want any part of it anymore:

"Christians can be some of the most [judgmental] people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people ... but it's not for me. I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the 'I just believe it' kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God."

https://www.charismanews.com/us/7756...ianity-anymore

Rich guy losing faith?

Good God from Zion!!!!!!