Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Prayer Closet (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Prayer for Rev. Greg Albritton and Children (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53360)

n david 06-02-2019 08:31 AM

Prayer for Rev. Greg Albritton and Children

Please pray for Rev Greg Albritton and his children.

This was posted to the FB of Rev Ken Gurley's church:

"""Dear Friends and Family

My heart is so heavy today at the tragic loss of Jamie Albritton. She was a minister’s wife that took her life last night.

I wanted to reach out and tell you all this…Whatever you are fighting or facing – you are not alone. Your internal struggle is one you can share with us. You are loved and so very valued.

Don’t ever feel like you’re fighting alone because we are a force. We are a team. We fight together. We rejoice together. We weep together.

I love you all more deeply than you can imagine. Today is a good day to reach out to someone and let them know you love them."""

CC1 06-02-2019 08:55 AM

Re: Prayer for Rev. Greg Albritton and Children

When I heard about this yesterday it made my heart heavy. For a mother to commit suicide in front of her six year old son is something I can't comprehend. I know from all accounts she was a good mother who, in her right mind, would never do such a thing.

The enemy attacks each of us in whatever area is our weakness. I think depression is a gateway for evil and if someone suffers from it they should seek help in every form available. Prayer for healing, medical tests to look for chemical imbalances in the body, counseling to find a root cause if it is possible and deal with it, and lastly if really needed medication, at least temporarily, to help.

I can't imagine the pain and suffering the surviving husband and children are going through. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Evang.Benincasa 06-02-2019 11:49 AM

So sorry to hear this bad news. Praying for Brother Albritton, and family.

In Jesus name.

jediwill83 06-02-2019 12:30 PM

I grew up seeing him at La District Youth Camp as a kid. Loved that man. I am so so so sorry for his and his families loss.

n david 06-02-2019 03:31 PM

This morning, the keyboard player from church apologized for being late and unable to play. She said she'd been up late because her son had attempted suicide.

Incredibly sad how so many church folk now are in depression and committing suicide.

MawMaw 06-02-2019 03:45 PM

Heartbreaking. :( Lifting the Albritton family in prayer.

JoeBandy 06-03-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1565373)
This morning, the keyboard player from church apologized for being late and unable to play. She said she'd been up late because her son had attempted suicide.

Incredibly sad how so many church folk now are in depression and committing suicide.

Hmmmmmmm but yet she left him to attend a meeting...…………….

JoeBandy 06-03-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1565362)
So sorry to hear this bad news. Praying for Brother Albritton, and family.

In Jesus name.

Why would you wanna pray now?? If memory serves me you don't believe in depression or any mental illness...…….

n david 06-03-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBandy (Post 1565426)
Hmmmmmmm but yet she left him to attend a meeting...…………….

That's a bit rude and unnecessary. And considering you haven't a clue the person or family, kindly shut up and refrain from whatever it is you're attempting to insinuate.

JoeBandy 06-03-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1565429)
That's a bit rude and unnecessary. And considering you haven't a clue the person or family, kindly shut up and refrain from whatever it is you're attempting to insinuate.

I think its rude of this mother or any mother to attend a church service the day after her child attempts suicide.... If you do not see a problem then you really have no desire to hear about or help anyone with mental illness.