Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Prayer Closet (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Prayer and help for marriage (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=45962)

ANG 04-17-2014 08:23 AM

Prayer and help for marriage

My husband and I recently got married and had a baby who is now a little over a month old. Needless to say it's a toll on our marriage, he hasn't helped me with the baby at all, even when I ask for it and for the most part comes and goes as he pleases, when we fight the suggestion of separation always comes up. We both grew up in the church, although both of us are currently backslid. I've tried everything and I'm tired of fighting every single day. I don't believe in divorce, but these are just small details of what's going on. I've been praying and praying for something to change, but we all know God has his own timing and way of doing things. I love my husband dearly, but with all that's going on, I'm losing hope and faith in our marriage, I feel like I don't know how much longer I can fight for it. Prayer would be greatly appreciated more than you know. As would some advice.

God bless.

Might I add, I generally don't talk about my marital issues, but please understand I'm to my breaking point.

KeptByTheWord 04-17-2014 09:03 AM

Re: Prayer and help for marriage

I will pray for you and your husband. Do you have anyone you can talk to about your situation?

ANG 04-17-2014 09:34 AM

As in a pastor? We could, but he isn't up for doing that.

Godzchild 04-17-2014 09:49 AM

Dear Friend, I will most assuredly be praying for you. I feel led to tell you of a story of what happened to my older sister in her marriage. It may help you or may not, but either way I pray God will lead you the right way and give you all the answers you are looking for. My sister had had met a man that her and him married and seemed happy for the first year. After that and a baby, things began to change dramatically. He began to go and come as he pleased, never helped and worked much *over time* hours. He began acting in a way that it was ripping her apart. They went to church and was both *saved*.....but he lived another life beyond the church doors....that was a very dark part of him. She went to her pastor for advice and it seemed the more she prayed the worse things became for her. One day she sat down and prayed and she came to the family in a different manner after that. She said God revealed to her the answer she was looking for the whole time. She knew that nothing is impossible for God to change but unless that person wants to, HE will not make one do so. God showed her that he heard every prayer she prayed but this man was not going to change. The dark evil pit he was *consumed* in would be the same one that would consume her and possibly be her death. He was trying to show her that she needed to get out and never look back, let go and let God have it all. After 4 years and Gods hand of mercy on her, she walked out with her babies and never looked back. God took the love she had for him away and put a strong surviving spirit inside and a few years later she met a wonderful man who fell in love with her, adopted her babies and they have a wonderfully blessed marriage. I am not telling you that God is trying to tell you the same he showed my sister, but when you have prayed all you can pray and nothing seems to be changing.....change the direction of your prayers as Bro James Kilgore spoke of in one of his sermons years ago. God hears all your prayers and he honors each one, but when you have done all you can do.....let go and let God !!!! You will be in my prayers and I pray you will find all the answers you need and the direction you need to go my friend. Please keep me posted. You can PM me if you like if you need someone to just unload on :) :friend

ANG 04-17-2014 10:11 AM

Wow, God really does work in mysterious ways. I'm happy your sister got her answer! I know I need to let go and let God, but we all know how hard it is when it's a constant battle everyday. I know me finding my way back to God would certainly help, which I am currently working on. It would be so much easier if my husband would too, I think certainly is putting God first in our relationship would help. My husband knows the truth, I just wish we could get back to God together. I think one reason I am holding back on doing so, is because I know that would take an even bigger toll on our marriage, if we both weren't right with God. Before we got married, I felt the biggest urge to pray about it, and yeah I did say little pity prayers, but I never poured my heart out to God about marrying this man. I regret that. Sometimes I wonder if it was even in God's plan for me to marry him. While I do love him very much, it's just something I've always wondered about since. Especially since it's like this now.

Robert Sanders 04-17-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANG (Post 1308930)
My husband and I recently got married and had a baby who is now a little over a month old. Needless to say it's a toll on our marriage, he hasn't helped me with the baby at all, even when I ask for it and for the most part comes and goes as he pleases, when we fight the suggestion of separation always comes up. We both grew up in the church, although both of us are currently backslid. I've tried everything and I'm tired of fighting every single day. I don't believe in divorce, but these are just small details of what's going on. I've been praying and praying for something to change, but we all know God has his own timing and way of doing things. I love my husband dearly, but with all that's going on, I'm losing hope and faith in our marriage, I feel like I don't know how much longer I can fight for it. Prayer would be greatly appreciated more than you know. As would some advice.

God bless.

Might I add, I generally don't talk about my marital issues, but please understand I'm to my breaking point.

God told me to say this to you.

Do you want to be told the
straight blunt right to the point
bottom line truth?

Yes or no?

Sparrow 04-17-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Sanders (Post 1309025)
God told me to say this to you.

Do you want to be told the
straight blunt right to the point
bottom line truth?

Yes or no?

I don't post on the forum often but I have been here long enough to recognize who you are by your posting style. While I realize you are considered to be a "joke" of a poster here, I beseech you to please not resort to your antics in this section.

Real life people with real life needs seeking prayer post here. This is not a place for your mockery.

Ang, I will be praying for you and your family.

Robert Sanders 04-17-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 1309031)
I don't post on the forum often but I have been here long enough to recognize who you are by your posting style. While I realize you are considered to be a "joke" of a poster here, I beseech you to please not resort to your antics in this section.

Real life people with real life needs seeking prayer post here. This is not a place for your mockery.

Ang, I will be praying for you and your family.

Who are you to judge me, much less what gives you the right
to say anything about what I do...
anywhere but in your home?

God said to me to tell you that He See's everything I do.
because He told me to do them.

FlamingZword 04-17-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANG (Post 1308930)

God bless.

The Lord God loves you, he does not want you to have misery in life, he wants you to have a good and happy marriage, he wants to heal your family. God wants good things for you, our Lord does not want you in pain, he wants to dry your tears.
Hold on to Jesus, look to him and he will show the way to walk, the path of righteousness to follow and he will heal you.
When all its dark around you put your hand on the light of the world and you will not walk in darkness.

ANG 04-18-2014 08:10 AM

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers! It's greatly appreciated.