Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Check this Book Out!! (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=38630)

crakjak 02-21-2012 08:06 AM

Check this Book Out!!

http://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Terr...9842264&sr=1-1

crakjak 02-21-2012 09:44 AM

Re: Check this Book Out!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crakjak (Post 1139671)

Sorry, my earlier link was not what I intended, please try again and review this book by Boyd Purcell: "Spiritual Terrorism" From the Womb to the Tomb.

Amanah 02-21-2012 10:00 AM

If i can find it at the library, I will reserve it and read it. checking now.

bbyrd009 02-21-2012 11:26 AM

Awesome, do I hear Fox being channeled?

Crakjak, can you give a quickie synopsis? ty

Dedicated Mind 02-21-2012 11:59 AM

added to my wishlist

bbyrd009 02-21-2012 01:05 PM

"Spiritual Terrorism is about the effect of fear-based religion on people's lives who have been spiritually abused by a negative conception of God through eternal hell-fire preaching and teaching. The doctrine of eternal punishment in literal fire is at the heart of many forms of spiritual abuse and all forms of spiritual terrorism which is the most extreme form of spiritual abuse.

This book effectively explains the symbolic use of fire in the Holy Bible and other Holy Books. The common misunderstanding of the metaphorical usage of fire is the primary cause of spiritual terrorism. Dr. Purcell clarifies the confusion over the Christian doctrine of salvation by grace and judgment which is based on the deeds of life-good or bad. This allows readers to grasp the liberating truth that people are totally free to live their lives but are also totally accountable, at the end of life, for how they have lived their lives. God will ultimately teach universal empathy and bring about perfect justice for all without violating anyone's free will.

Spiritual abuse has the potential to affect all stages of life: in the womb, childhood, youth, young adults, older adults, end of life, and bereavement after the deaths of loved ones. Spiritual abuse may also affect all areas of life: marriage/divorce, emotional/mental/physical abuse, medical treatment or refusal of such treatment for self and children, and domestic and international terrorism. All major world religions are addressed: Judeo/Christianity, Islam, and the Eastern Religions-Buddhism and Hinduism. Included as well are Native American Beliefs.

There is a theme running through all major religions of God's unconditional love, amazing grace, infinite mercy, perfect justice, and a universal homecoming."

Amen. Expect this to be roundly dissed by those who imagine that they are special.

Michael The Disciple 02-21-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

This review is from: Spiritual Terrorism: Spiritual Abuse from the Womb to the Tomb (Paperback)
The first thing I would like to say is that I believe you would appreciate this book more after getting a fundamental scriptural and historical understanding of this doctrine. I had gotten this book about a little over a year after having left my short stay in Fundamentalist Catholicism, and coming to Christian universalism. But I was able to appreciate this book considering I could expand my horizons beyond Conservative Universalism as practiced by the mainstream Universalists.
1. This book explain many psychological disturbances that result, sustain and cause hellfire beliefs. In fact, many of these were revelant to me. In fact, in my last month of being in Fundamentalist Catholicism, I had suffered from severe anxiety, which lead me to leave. Plus I had many of the same feelings of being trapped, with no way out, and clinging to strict obedience to the letter of the Church law, despite how abusive it was. In fact, a little after I had left this traditionalism, I became very cynical, almost an atheist, till I kept running into Christian Universalism sources while trying to refute Organized religion and Christianity. Even after coming to CU, I still had strong feelings of anger towards traditional Christianity, and anything associated with it. But this was just how I felt. But the whole psychological analysis does explain a lot about why there are so many problems with relgion today. Such as why George Carlin became a Cynical Atheist, why there have been so many acts of hypocrisy in the Churches, why most Religious violence in this millenium came from Christianity and Islam, why so many people zealously defend their image of God, and pretend that their image of Hellfire can still create a loving God.
How satan loves it when Gods fear is mocked, scorned, hated, and swept aside. He works hard in all forms of religon to bring YHWH down to the level of men. They shake their fist at Heaven and declare "away with him"! " We will NOT have this man to reign over us!".

Instead men NEED to fear God. They need to understand he WILL hurt them if they do not believe in him and obey the gospel. Nothing is so clearly taught in the scriptures. Yet thats why there is a full frontal assault agaist the Bible going on. People would like to believe in a Jesus APART FROM THE BIBLE. Apart from the Apostles doctrine.

Gods answer to unbelief is for Christians to preach the gospel to them. If they believe they shall be saved.

If not:

6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 2 Thess. 1:6-9

Their punishment is EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION from the presence of the Lord. They are destroyed from his presence forever. Not living in his presence in eternal life tortmented in flames for billions upon trillions of years.

The wages of sin is death which will happen in the lake of fire.

bbyrd009 02-21-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1139900)

Michael, I'm unclear if you agree with this books premises, or not?

Michael The Disciple 02-21-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbyrd009 (Post 1139903)
Michael, I'm unclear if you agree with this books premises, or not?

Ultimate Reconciliation aka Universalism is satans crown jewel. He wants men to believe in it. He does NOT want men to think there is going to be a day of judgment where YHWH himself will be the judge.

Its true men have perverted the doctrine of eternal judgment. The Old and New Testaments both teach the wages of sin is death. The soul that sins shall die. Pass from existence. Todays teaching inherited from the perversions of so called early Church Fathers have men living in immortality, eternal life while the flames of hell eat away at them for millions, then billions, then trillions of years and then it would simply start all over again.

The scriptural teaching is that God is love but not "unconditional love". Our hope of salvation is through Jesus alone. We can be engaged with him in a life of love and devotion basking in his favor walking in holiness OR we can enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season and reap the juddment of Christ on the last day. That is being cast into the lake of fire where you will eventually burn up and pass into what scripture calls "outer darkness" or the "mist of darkness". That nothingness that is when there is no life.

Hope that helps.

bbyrd009 02-21-2012 04:35 PM

Ah, ok, this is "Universalism?" I have a little experience with it, but I don't remember Christ being removed from their equation, hmm.