Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trinitarian Pentecostalism (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53438)

Bro Flame 07-17-2019 08:39 AM

Trinitarian Pentecostalism

When Pew Forums and Christian theologians judge modern Pentecostalism, they do so from the Trinitarian perspective.

The Assemblies of God, the world's largest Pentecostal body, is wear most non-Pentecostal people get their ideas of what Pentecostalism is by judging their churches, preachers, and saints.

In discussing Trinitarian Pentecostals, what's your thoughts on them? Have you ever fellowshipped with any?

Trinitarian Pentecostal fellowships include:
Assemblies of God
Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)
International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
Church of God in Christ
Church of God of Prophecy
International Pentecostal Holiness Church

diakonos 07-17-2019 09:12 AM

Re: Trinitarian Pentecostalism

Quote:

The Assemblies of God, the world's largest Pentecostal body, is wear most non-Pentecostal people get their ideas of what Pentecostalism is by judging their churches, preachers, and saints
WROWNG! :lol

n david 07-17-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Roller (Post 1568314)
Have you ever fellowshipped with any?

Trinitarian Pentecostal fellowships include:
Assemblies of God
Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)
International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
Church of God in Christ
Church of God of Prophecy
International Pentecostal Holiness Church

Yes, for a few months.

Bro Flame 07-17-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1568316)
WROWNG! :lol

Most things that I've read or watched that concern pew forums or insights from theologians, seem to address Trinitarian Pentecostalism, especially the Assemblies of God.

navygoat1998 07-17-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Roller (Post 1568314)
Have you ever fellowshipped with any?

Yes, I do, going on 14 years now! I was Baptized in the Holy Ghost at a Church of God in Labelle Florida the summer of 1979. :happydance

Apostolic1ness 07-17-2019 11:11 AM

Would love to usher them into the fullness of the truth of Oneness. But no fellowship.

Tithesmeister 07-17-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1568329)
Would love to usher them into the fullness of the truth of Oneness. But no fellowship.

Sounds like you’re describing fellowship to me. Ushering? Fellowship?

Tomato?��

Tomahto? ��

Paul was certainly willing to fellowship.

1 Corinthians 9

[22] To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
[23] And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Apostolic1ness 07-17-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1568330)
Sounds like you’re describing fellowship to me. Ushering? Fellowship?

Tomato?🍅

Tomahto? 🍅

Paul was certainly willing to fellowship.

when I think of fellowship I think of common ground, like minded, same doctrine and beliefs, safe for the church to mingle type of fellowship.

In the case of trinitarians there is not this type of fellowship among the church I attend.

Michael The Disciple 07-17-2019 11:41 AM

I went to a Trin Pentecostal Church early on in my walk for a few years. It was fairly large for that time about 400 people. It was independent, mostly influenced by A. A. Allens ministry.

A lot of people repented and accepted Christ during that time. A lot received the Holy Ghost. Baptism in Jesus name was rejected during my time there. The Pastor later admitted it was true but would not teach it. He said he was afraid Apostolics would come in and mess up the Church.

There were healings and prophetic words from time to time. They loved shouting and running the aisles. There was little foundation truth there and they were strong in prosperity doctrine. There were a lot of young people there, a lot of fire! The lack of truth eventually caught up with them. The Pastor was accused by his wife of adultery and the Church split with part "going Charismatic".

Bro Flame 07-17-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navygoat1998 (Post 1568324)
Yes, I do, going on 14 years now! I was Baptized in the Holy Ghost at a Church of God in Labelle Florida the summer of 1979. :happydance

Interesting. Are you still a member of the Church of God, or are you a full-fledged Apostolic now?