Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=31380)

Charnock 08-30-2010 04:47 PM

Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

We live in a new day. One in which the very definition of morality is being rewritten. With that in mind, do you believe the traditional Christian view concerning premarital sex is old-fashioned and outdated?

I hear many educators and social physicians say that sex before marriage is a natural function of adolescence. Popular culture views premarital sex favorably. In fact, there is an EXPECTATION that kids will have sex before they're married.

What do you think? Do you believe premarital sex is okay? Is there any reason teens or unmarried adults should abstain?

CC1 08-30-2010 04:49 PM

Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

If one is a Christian the Bible is very clear on these matters. Adultery and fornication are dealt with.

I am guessing probably only DAII, Mr. Smith, and Walks In Islam may have a possibly different view than everybody else on AFF. Should be interesting to see the responses to your question!

rgcraig 08-30-2010 04:54 PM

No, he does not approve.

DAII 08-30-2010 04:59 PM

This is a trick question right?

Praxeas 08-30-2010 05:00 PM

Of course not

CC1 08-30-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 956970)
This is a trick question right?

LOL!!

*AQuietPlace* 08-30-2010 05:01 PM

The last time I checked it was called fornication.

Charnock 08-30-2010 05:02 PM

Why is it wrong? Is there Bible against it? If there is, does it still apply to us?

DAII 08-30-2010 05:03 PM

What if your pastor gives you permission ... or better yet ... he tells you to ...

Shall we not submit to our pastors?

rgcraig 08-30-2010 05:04 PM

I think Charnock is doing an "AFF Test" to see how terrible we all are because we have no morals, hate pastors, God, each other and don't want to be told no.

(tic and from his own accusations)

Cindy 08-30-2010 05:04 PM

No, God does not approve of fornication. He hasn't changed.

rgcraig 08-30-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charnock (Post 956975)
Why is it wrong? Is there Bible against it? If there is, does it still apply to us?

Because the Good book says so.

Yes.

Yes.

Charnock 08-30-2010 05:06 PM

But what if you were married, your husband left you for another woman, and vanished? What if you can't even locate him for say....four years? What if you can't get his signature on the divorce papers?

Is it okay then? After all, it's not your fault he was a cheater? It's not your fault you can't marry the new guy.

DAII 08-30-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charnock (Post 956980)
But what if you were married, your husband left you for another woman, and vanished? What if you can't even locate him for say....four years? What if you can't get his signature on the divorce papers?

Is it okay then? After all, it's not your fault he was a cheater? It's not your fault you can't marry the new guy.

But if you wore a halter top and tight skirts while you were married ... under the present day UPCI endorsed view you would be the guilty party and you'd have to remain an old maid for life.

rgcraig 08-30-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

I think there's some law that would cover that.

http://family-law.lawyers.com/divorc...Desertion.html

Cindy 08-30-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

It's still not okay.

DAII 08-30-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy (Post 956978)
No, God does not approve of fornication. He hasn't changed.

And the Vicar of Christ on the earth are those dreaded pastors ... what if they tell you to ????

Cindy 08-30-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 956987)
And the Vicar of Christ on the earth are those dreaded pastors ... what if they tell you to ????

What if they tell me to kill someone? They need help if they are telling you to sin.

DAII 08-30-2010 05:17 PM

I think Walks in Islam ... would be the best person to give his opinion on this deep theological controversy?

What say ye Timmy?

DAII 08-30-2010 05:20 PM

Crakjak or Aquila should chime in ... they can tell us its wrong but no biggie because no one goes to hell eternally and we're all saved anyway ...

rgcraig 08-30-2010 05:21 PM

Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Well, the correct answer for me would be:

I was a female before I married and I remained a female after I was married. I'm now divorced and I'm still a female. So my sex is female no matter what my maritial status is and I think God approves because - - he made me.

DAII 08-30-2010 05:22 PM

I think the more interesting poll would be ... how many OP preacher's kids have had sex before marriage ... and a comparison in trends 30 years ago to today.

Despite 99.099% having spoken in tongues

simplyme 08-30-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

What IS your fault is what YOU do or don't do, despite any circumstances. PERIOD.

Its really that simple. GOD says so., btw., AND since HE is the only one (unless my newspaper wasn't delivered that day or somethin) that:
1) has that kind of authority over everything and everyone,
2) knows whats next..
3) has written our life story, cover-to-cover, before we were even thought about by anyone on earth..
4) considers time as irrelevant..and therefore is the same yesterday today and forever; whose WORD has already been forever settled in heaven
5) can take you out in a split second, :D
6) can deliver a pardon to the most vile person ever known..if they truly
repent
7) knows everyones heart; reads everyones mind
AND...
I'll stop there, the list can just go on & on and on, and if this isn't enuf for ya, well sorrrreeeee.. bye now! ;) GOOD LUCK!

crakjak 08-30-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 956994)
Crakjak or Aquila should chime in ... they can tell us its wrong but no biggie because no one goes to hell eternally and we're all saved anywa ...

Immoral sexual behavior produces hellish life situations, but God is still God and restoration is His business. Condemning Pharisees make these situations worst by their lack of wisdom and love for those caught in the immaturity and ignorance of the wages of sin.

How's that Danny Boy? LOL

DAII 08-30-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crakjak (Post 957001)
Immoral sexual behavior produces hellish life situations, but God is still God and restoration is His business. Condemning Pharisees make these situations worst by their lack of wisdom and love for those caught in the immaturity and ignorance of the wages of sin.

How's that Danny Boy? LOL

Would seem that the command against sexual immorality was pretty cut and dry, as opposed to circumcision (hehe) .... to the apostles ... since it made on the list of DO NOTS at the Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15 ...

but not sure we should be eating blood sausage or strangled animals either.

Truthseeker 08-30-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charnock (Post 956975)

Please

Mr. Smith 08-30-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 956963)
If one is a Christian the Bible is very clear on these matters. Adultery and fornication are dealt with.

I am guessing probably only DAII, Mr. Smith, and Walks In Islam may have a possibly different view than everybody else on AFF. Should be interesting to see the responses to your question!

?????????

Why in the world would you say that???

DAII 08-30-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Smith (Post 957011)
?????????

Oh ... c'mon you love sin ... and openly promote it from your pulpit.

Mr. Smith 08-30-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 957013)
Oh ... c'mon you love sin ... and openly promote it from your pulpit.

:lol
I guess that's what some of these people think. It's like someone saying last week that "Seeker" churches (emergent to some) don't teach the bible, repentance, and don't ask for commitment. Where do people get this stuff? I guess the mentality still, pretty much, holds true..."If you're not like me, something must be wrong with you."

Hoovie 08-30-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charnock (Post 956961)
We live in a new day. One in which the very definition of morality is being rewritten. With that in mind, do you believe the traditional Christian view concerning premarital sex is old-fashioned and outdated?

I hear many educators and social physicians say that sex before marriage is a natural function of adolescence. Popular culture views premarital sex favorably. In fact, there is an EXPECTATION that kids will have sex before they're married.

What do you think? Do you believe premarital sex is okay? Is there any reason teens or unmarried adults should abstain?

Premarital sex is sin. I lean towards the "courtship" view - certainly don't believe teenagers should "date around" much less sleep around.

pelathais 08-30-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 956994)
Crakjak or Aquila should chime in ... they can tell us its wrong but no biggie because no one goes to hell eternally and we're all saved anyway ...

But would it still be wrong even if there was no "hell?" Is the threat of "hell" the only thing that makes us "good?"

How about this? What is "marriage?"

If there's a "gray area" in your definition then I'd also be curious to know your answer to the question of, "When is fornication?"

SRM 08-30-2010 06:36 PM

Wow..hard to believe there is any doubt over this issue..

rgcraig 08-30-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRM (Post 957028)
Wow..hard to believe there is any doubt over this issue..

Yeah, that Charnock is something else!

DAII 08-30-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelathais (Post 957024)
But would it still be wrong even if there was no "hell?" Is the threat of "hell" the only thing that makes us "good?"

How about this? What is "marriage?"

If there's a "gray area" in your definition then I'd also be curious to know your answer to the question of, "When is fornication?"

Who proposed a gray area, Pela?

You need to get some more sleep.

DAII 08-30-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgcraig (Post 957030)
Yeah, that Charnock is something else!

I think he's just question his faith.

pelathais 08-30-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 957033)
Who proposed a gray area, Pela?

You need to get some more sleep.

Define "marriage." Give us a definition that is applicable in all human time periods and cultures.

I just got up a couple of hours ago.

DAII 08-30-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelathais (Post 957036)
Define "marriage."

My personal definition is it is the social union/legal contract between a man and woman that creates kinship ... which should be intimate and sexual in nature.

Define "American" ...

You need to sleep during normal hours.

coadie 08-30-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Smith (Post 957016)
:lol
I guess that's what some of these people think. It's like someone saying last week that "Seeker" churches (emergent to some) don't teach the bible, repentance, and don't ask for commitment. Where do people get this stuff? I guess the mentality still, pretty much, holds true..."If you're not like me, something must be wrong with you."

The libs invented abortion to make the unintended consequences of fornication disappear.

CC1 08-30-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Smith (Post 957011)
?????????

I said it because I don't know if you left wing libbers have some modern take on scripture regarding this subject that us old fogies don't have!

Note I did not say that you did only that you might and it would be interesting to see what you guys think.

DAII 08-30-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coadie (Post 957040)
The libs invented abortion to make the unintended consequences of fornication disappear.

Another post from left field ... or should we say right field.

Coadie, get thee a life.