Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Flavour (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Whaaaaaaatt???? What's happening in Canada?? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4739)

Maple Leaf 06-12-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Epley (Post 151374)
NOT even ONE of them? Fudge I believe says the opposite however it has been awhile wince I read it and EF said one of them was a strong holiness preacher at one time?

Professor Fudge spent a number of his formative years in a church pastored by one of the preaching Bustards. The pastor was, and I expect still is, a strong holiness preacher.

With all due respect to Bro. Blume, I would have to hear AJB himself say that hair and pants were not heaven or hell issues before I would be convinced.

Felicity 06-12-2007 09:56 AM

Bro. Bustard had many women in at least one of the churches he pastored who had cut hair and who wore pants. I doubt very much he ever made a statement or held a firm conviction that women who cut their hair will go to hell.

If he'd ever made such a statement he would have been in serious trouble. :)

TopDog 06-12-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 151398)
Bro. Bustard had many women in at least one of the churches he pastored who had cut hair and who wore pants. I doubt very much he ever made a statement or held a firm conviction that women who cut their hair will go to hell.

...including close family members/relatives....

Felicity 06-12-2007 09:59 AM

It's nice to hear someone (Bro. Epley) giving credence to Tom Fudge's writings when so many UPCers do their best make it out to be a work of fiction.

Now that is what is really very laughable. :)

Felicity 06-12-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopDog (Post 151401)
...including close family members/relatives....

Indeed!

TrueNorth 06-12-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Epley (Post 151360)
Yes and some of them preached outward holiness standards.

You should change that to read "all of them"
Those men had no problem in laying it down straight and hard.

Felicity 06-12-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueNorth (Post 151416)
You should change that to read "all of them"
Those men had no problem in laying it down straight and hard.

Some laid it down straighter and harder than others though.

mfblume 06-12-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf (Post 151393)
With all due respect to Bro. Blume, I would have to hear AJB himself say that hair and pants were not heaven or hell issues before I would be convinced.

I can PROMISE you that the only way these things would be proposed by him as heaven or hell is if a rebellious spirit rose up in a person, and refused just ti refuse, rather than sincere disagreement.

TrueNorth 06-12-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 151420)
Some laid it down straighter and harder than others though.

Always - but I am having difficulty thinking of Atlantic District elders who stayed in the ark who didn't preach it.

Felicity 06-12-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueNorth (Post 151429)
Always - but I am having difficulty thinking of Atlantic District elders who stayed in the ark who didn't preach it.

Can't think of any myself. :)