Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did Gordon Magee deny Oneness? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=11296)

Michael The Disciple 01-07-2008 10:44 PM

Did Gordon Magee deny Oneness?

This fellow on You tube is saying he did. I doubt it. He wrote the Book Is Jesus In The Godhead Or Is The Godhead In Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZP1G8RJH4w

Pastor Keith 01-07-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 351005)
This fellow on You tube is saying he did. I doubt it. He wrote the Book Is Jesus In The Godhead Or Is The Godhead In Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZP1G8RJH4w

I think Gass's letter in the video most likely was referring to MaGee wishing that he never written a book that caused so much controversy.

Sam 01-07-2008 11:09 PM

When I was at ABI for the 1956/1957 year, Bro. Magee stopped by there and preached (at least once) at Bro. Norris' church. One of his sermons (the only one I remember) was on Blood, Water, and Spirit. I remember he once mentioned something about a "pre-incarnate form of Christ" and someone (a licensed UPC minister from Illinois) told me that they didn't like that term. I've read his book. I think I have a copy here somewhere but I'm not sure.

While I was at St. Paul, someone told me a story about Bro. Buie (don't know which one) who spoke to Bro. Magee about oneness. At that time Bro. Magee was a trinitarian. He told Bro. Buie, "You know, you really ought to write a book about that. You could call it 'Hooey by Buie.'" Then later Bro. Magee accepted the message and began to propagate it. At one time I used to receive a magazine from the group Bro. Magee was in. They were called The Churches of God of Ireland. What few magazines of his I used to have from back then in the late nineteen fifties are long gone.

I heard that Bro. Magee moved to the U.S. and married Bro. Kidson's daughter and ministered out of Houston, TX at one time. I don't know how accurate that was.

Michael The Disciple 01-07-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith4him (Post 351028)
I think Gass's letter in the video most likely was referring to MaGee wishing that he never written a book that caused so much controversy.

Agreed.

Sam 01-07-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith4him (Post 351028)

probably so

Michael The Disciple 01-07-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 351058)
When I was at ABI for the 1956/1957 year, Bro. Magee stopped by there and preached (at least once) at Bro. Norris' church. One of his sermons (the only one I remember) was on Blood, Water, and Spirit. I remember he once mentioned something about a "pre-incarnate form of Christ" and someone (a licensed UPC minister from Illinois) told me that they didn't like that term. I've read his book. I think I have a copy here somewhere but I'm not sure.

While I was at St. Paul, someone told me a story about Bro. Buie (don't know which one) who spoke to Bro. Magee about oneness. At that time Bro. Magee was a trinitarian. He told Bro. Buie, "You know, you really ought to write a book about that. You could call it 'Hooey by Buie.'" Then later Bro. Magee accepted the message and began to propagate it. At one time I used to receive a magazine from the group Bro. Magee was in. They were called The Churches of God of Ireland. What few magazines of his I used to have from back then in the late nineteen fifties are long gone.

I heard that Bro. Magee moved to the U.S. and married Bro. Kidson's daughter and ministered out of Houston, TX at one time. I don't know how accurate that was.

I read the book years ago too. Its right here on my desk. Maybe I will read it again. Im with him on the pre incarnate form.

Sam 01-07-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 351071)
I read the book years ago too. Its right here on my desk. Maybe I will read it again. Im with him on the pre incarnate form.

Well, I knew you would agree with that term.

Michael The Disciple 01-08-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 351073)
Well, I knew you would agree with that term.

:stirpot

Steve Epley 01-08-2008 07:10 AM

To my knowledge Bro. Magee never renounced his stand on the Godhead however he was Kidson's son in law and Kidson's compromise with the message affected him and the church he pastored. The last I heard a Trinity man was pastoring Elim.

Michael The Disciple 01-08-2008 08:31 AM

It is big news to Trins if (supposedly) a Oneness turns Trinitarian. But they dont like to hear about Trins turning Oneness.

By the way I have not heard of hardly any big name Trinity teachers coming to the truth since I have been in it from 1980. I have read about it happening a lot in the old days.

Of the Charismatic/Pentecostal teachers I knew of in the 70's I dont know of any who came to this truth. Do YOU?