Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is It Fellowship When...? (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52636)

BuckeyeBukaroo 08-07-2018 03:10 PM

Is It Fellowship When...?

Is it Apostolic Fellowship when an Apostolic tries to tell someone on a public forum to not respond to public posts?

Seems silly and pointless.
Does not seem like fellowship at all.
But what do I know?

I'm just a crazy guy who believes in the necessity of a Pastor, of worship and fellowship with a corporate body of believers, in tithing and offering, in seeking godly counsel from your Pastor, in the power of the effectual and fervent prayers of the righteous-- I'm just an average Apostolic guy.

berkeley 08-07-2018 03:22 PM

Re: Is It Fellowship When...?

Oh, SHUT UP! If you have something to say to me you direct it to me.

jediwill83 08-07-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo (Post 1544027)
Is it Apostolic Fellowship when an Apostolic tries to tell someone on a public forum to not respond to public posts?

Seems silly and pointless.
Does not seem like fellowship at all.
But what do I know?

I'm just a crazy guy who believes in the necessity of a Pastor, of worship and fellowship with a corporate body of believers, in tithing and offering, in seeking godly counsel from your Pastor, in the power of the effectual and fervent prayers of the righteous-- I'm just an average Apostolic guy.

Maybe you were getting good advice from Godly men who were trying to show you that seasoning your speech with Grace is a good thing.

Do you not see anyone on this forum able to give Godly counsel?

Or is that only able to come from the lips of a pastor...preferrably one that agrees with you?

For one so insistent on seeking wisdom from men before making decisions...you seem to be promoting the idea that God speaks only through one office and once the allignment of submission to said office is acheived and once all back tithes have been accounted for with the correct interest paid in full in addition to the 5% late fee and as long as Jim Bob has extra milk duds*why milk duds? I dunno...it's my post..call it artistic license.* THEN one can hear from God.

Quit stalking me dude.

I'd feed you if you were hungry and help you change a flat but we are not friends.

It's not the standards and the doctrine that I'm so against coming from you but it's the annoying nagging.

You're seriously like my mother in law and since I'm gonna have to train her out of this behavior since I'm now living with her that means my dance card is pretty full dealing with this particular personality type.

Apostolic1ness 08-07-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediwill83 (Post 1544031)
Maybe you were getting good advice from Godly men who were trying to show you that seasoning your speech with Grace is a good thing.

Or is that only able to come from the lips of a pastor...preferrably one that agrees with you?

For one so insistent on seeking wisdom from men before making decisions...you seem to be promoting the idea that God speaks only through one office and once the allignment of submission to said office is acheived and once all back tithes have been accounted for with the correct interest paid in full in addition to the 5% late fee and as long as Jim Bob has extra milk duds*why milk duds? I dunno...it's my post..call it artistic license.* THEN one can hear from God.

Quit stalking me dude.

I'd feed you if you were hungry and help you change a flat but we are not friends.

It's not the standards and the doctrine that I'm so against coming from you but it's the annoying nagging.

You're seriously like my mother in law and since I'm gonna have to train her out of this behavior since I'm now living with her that means my dance card is pretty full dealing with this particular personality type.

Jedi Im sorry i missed the living with your mother in law part of your move......may the force definitely be with you..:heeheehee

jediwill83 08-07-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1544037)
Jedi Im sorry i missed the living with your mother in law part of your move......may the force definitely be with you..:heeheehee

Raising a toddler has prepared us to deal with her...it has seriously helped.

BuckeyeBukaroo 08-07-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Quit stalking me dude.

LOL.
Wasn't about you at all.
It was about something that was said on another thread.
Ask Berkeley.

BuckeyeBukaroo 08-07-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Quit stalking me dude.

By the way, sorry you have to live with your mother-in-law. That can be a tough situation.

I hope you do see though that this thread was not about you at all. It really was a dig at someone else-- a playful dig, over something said that was incredibly petty towards another poster.

BuckeyeBukaroo 08-07-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berkeley (Post 1544029)

Oh, SHUT UP! If you have something to say to me you direct it to me.

I already did!
You're driving 50mph in far left lane of I-10. Get up to speed!

consapente89 08-07-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediwill83 (Post 1544038)
Raising a toddler has prepared us to deal with her...it has seriously helped.

God bless your mother in law. Iím sorry she has to go through this.

berkeley 08-07-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1544058)
God bless your mother in law. Iím sorry she has to go through this.

smh